897 users online (190 members and 707 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Shannon Turner, 33, Indianapolis, 4 Dec 1997

I searched for a thread for this woman, but couldn't find one.

Shannon Rayanne Turner has been missing from Indianapolis, Indiana since 12/4/97. When last seen she was in the company of her boyfriend, a member of the Outlaws Motorcycle Club. It is believed Shannon was in Las Vegas, Nevada with her boyfriend in December of 1997.

Shannon has worked in the past as an exotic dancer. She has multiple tattoos as listed in the above links.

I found the following UID on NamUs:

I have always felt that Shannon would be found in the Nevada desert, probably as skeletal remains. Otherwise, with all her tattoos I believe she would have been identified. The UID I found on NamUs has auburn hair, as does Shannon. Per NamUs, "Henderson Police Department received an anonymous letter containing maps that matched a location in the area (5 1/2 miles Northwest of US 93 and Boulder Highway). After conducting a search of the area, a skull was found. A few days later, a resident of the area discovered a jawbone in close proximity. Law enforcement was able to recover more remains along with various articles of clothing." Although the partial skeletal remains were found in 2008, I believe she had been there quite a while.

I feel like the facial features on the clay reconstruction are close enough to Shannon that I have called this in to both NamUs and the Clark County Coroner's office.

But in case this isn't a match, I wanted to make sure Shannon is on our missing persons list here on WS.

I have spotted the Jane Doe that you speak of and thought the same thing... Did they get back to you ?
    They are both still listed and Shannon Turner has not been listed as an exclusion.
    It would seem that the timing is a bit off as they are saying she was dead about 2 years... and found in 2008, but the clay reconstruction of this Doe, sure does have a resemblance.

Madeira Beach, FL
    Recent interview with Shannon's sister, Valerie. Shannon's brother, Greg, also contributed to the interview.