UK UK - Luke Durbin, 19, Ipswich, 12 May 2006

brit1981

Reaction score
www.findluke.com

Leading up to Luke’s disappearance

Luke went out with friends in Ipswich, Suffolk on the evening of the 11th May 2006, one of Luke’s friends decided to go home not long after arriving in Ipswich. Luke and his other friend went to the Zest Nightclub in Princes Street, Ipswich.

The friend Luke was in Zest with went to the bar to get drinks, when he went to bring Luke his drink he could not find him. After looking for Luke in the club he thought that Luke had perhaps met a girl and left.

Luke was seen at Ipswich train station, 5 minutes walk from Zest Nightclub, at approximately 2.30 - 3am on 12th May 2006, he was asked to leave the train station as there were no trains running at that time of night.

Luke was next seen in Hawk Express, a taxi rank the other side of town at 3.45am, he was trying to get home but had no money on him. He was caught on the taxi rank’s CCTV, he seemed relaxed and in good spirits. After speaking to the staff at the taxi rank they said he was good mannered and perhaps a little tipsy but not drunk.

At 4am Luke was captured on CCTV in Dog’s Head Street crossing the zebra crossing towards the bus station.

This was the last positive sighting of Luke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Facts
It has been established that Luke was trying to make his way home.

Luke was planning to pick his wages up that day – they were never touched.

Luke’s bank account has not been touched since his disappearance.

There has been no positive sighting of Luke since the sighting of him on CCTV at 4am on the 12th May 2006.

The car shown in the CCTV below, captured in Orwell Place, 9 minutes after Luke was seen, heading towards the Spread Eagle Pub, away from the direction Luke was last seen in has never been identified.

the only thing I can think of was hitchhiking, or perhaps he decided to wal home, and got hit and someone paniked and covered it up. It does not look like he left willingly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-18623498

Two men, aged 40 and 25, were arrested as part of the inquiry.

The 40-year-old man has been released on bail until 18 September and the 25-year-old until 16 October.

The 40-year-old man was held on suspicion of murder.

The joint Norfolk and Suffolk major investigation team said it had not found Mr Durbin but believed he had been "unlawfully killed".

Luke's mum has a facebook page dedicated to information on Luke:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/4891671461/
And also a Twitter account @findluke

It may be a long time since Luke went missing, but there are still posters up all around the town and local area - we still want to find some answers for his family

luke-durbin-flyers.jpg

Has anything come back yet regarding the human bone found ?
Also......
Anyone local know if the woods where it was found would be on his way home ??

The most recent LE report on this (26/03/14) mentioned more tests were now being conducted on the bone. The first tests proved the bone is of human origin but other than that were sadly inconclusive.

The BBC report does mention that Luke was known to frequent this specific area. I'm not sure how close this is to the site of disappearance though. Report also mentions that the area was once a war barracks prior to being a landfill site, obviously heightening the possibility the bone might not be linked to Durbin.

My thoughts and best wishes go to the Durbin family, this must be a torturous wait for them. I am wishing you peace.

I remember this case. I wonder what happened with the murder charges? I remember (or at least I think so) a very credible sighting a few years later but again I don't think it went anywhere.

This case has stayed with me for the longest time. I think it is because he appears on CCTV .... and then .... nothing. Disappears like mist before the sun. I always wondered if there were no other CCTV cameras in the direction he was headed towards.

Luke Durbin: CCTV released in Suffolk missing person probe
10 May 2015
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-32660387
"It's a relief to know the team is now looking seriously at the importance of the car."

Police know the silver or white Volvo 440 was seen in Orwell Place in Ipswich at 04:19 BST on Friday 12 May 2006, just minutes after the last CCTV images of Luke
more at link.

"Sister's heart-breaking letter to missing Suffolk teenager - as £20,000 reward is offered"

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2015-09-28/sisters-heart-breaking-letter-to-missing-suffolk-teenager-as-20-000-reward-is-offered/

"And you know what Luke? One of the most painful things about this? Someone knows.

"They are carrying on with their lives, and they know what happened to you that night.

"They have managed for this long to let our family go through unimaginable heartbreak.

"My wishes would be that I will one day be able to say this in person, but in case I can't, I want to say thank you. "Thank you for looking after me when we were younger, for giving me advice when I needed it.

"You were a nightmare at times, but you were our nightmare and it is so desperately unfair that this has happened to us. Mum, you and me - our triangle."

"Luke Durbin: £20k reward offered in missing Suffolk teenager inquiry"

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-34381016

Each day the 47-year-old old clings to the shred of hope that the 19-year-old son she last saw more than 3,600 days ago will be found.

Since May 12, 2006, Ms Durbin has done everything in her power to discover what happened to her eldest child who left his Hollesley home the previous day never to return.

Approaching the 10th anniversary of Luke’s disappearance Ms Durbin spoke about her relentless quest.

She said: “When Luke went missing I felt I was walking this fine line between sanity and insanity.
http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/m...ary_of_his_disappearance_approaches_1_4518656

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back