GUILTY WI - Amara, 11, Sophie, 8, Cecilia Schaffhausen, 5, slain, River Falls, 10 July 2012

BrownRice

Reaction score
"A man suspected of killing his three young daughters unexpectedly contacted their mother Tuesday, asking to stop by for a visit. He later called her to say he had hurt the girls, police said Wednesday, and, soon after, authorities found their bodies in the River Falls home.

Aaron Schaffhausen, 34, was being held Wednesday on suspicion of first-degree intentional homicide, city administrator Scot Simpson said. Formal charges are pending, and he is expected to be arraigned Thursday.
Officers discovered the bodies of 11-year-old Amara Schaffhausen, 8-year-old Sophie Schaffhausen and 5-year-old Cecilia Schaffhausen on Tuesday after their mother called police, Simpson said.
Police are still investigating exactly how the girls died and what might have led up to the killings.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/11/wis-dad-arrested-after-3-daughters-found-dead/#ixzz20P49mDrD

So sad. Co Worker just informed that the mother is from our area, having grown up here, attended a local HS, etc.

My heart breaks for her. Just devastating, the loss. :(

OMG! Those poor girls and their mother! What is this crazy world coming to? I wish people would stop killing children to get revenge on their spouses or exes!

http://www.sj-r.com/top-stories/x17...er-city-woman-suspected-of-killing-3-children

According to State Journal-Register newspaper archives, Jessica Lee Stotz and Aaron Schaffhausen were married May 27, 2000 in Springfield. Amara, their oldest daughter, was born in Springfield Oct. 5, 2000. Jessica Schaffhausen is a 1997 graduate of Glenwood High School in Chatham.

My prayers go out to Jessica, her family and friends.

While this guy showed up for an 'unplanned visit' with his children - a visit he did not announce to his ex-wife beforehand - imo, the deaths of his children were very much planned by him.

Wonder how he feels now? Relief? Sorrow? Glad the mother of his children is devastated? He didn't know what he was doing while he was killing his 3 children?

Any chance of this becoming a death penalty case?

While this guy showed up for an 'unplanned visit' with his children - a visit he did not announce to his ex-wife beforehand - imo, the deaths of his children were very much planned by him.

Wonder how he feels now? Relief? Sorrow? Glad the mother of his children is devastated? He didn't know what he was doing while he was killing his 3 children?

Unfortunately, WI abolished the death penalty in 1853.

Capital punishment in Wisconsin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you google "jessica schaffhausen" she has a Myspace w/ lots of pics of the kids, a Facebook that I think just got deleted, and a "happy mother's day" Youtube video.

i sure hope its a dp case. sounds like he did it just to hurt the mother. and just like you have questioned....wonder how he feels now...what an azzhat. DP or LWOP....

well then, i guess i will just have to pray for LWOP. but im sure we will have to hear about all of his "psychiatric" problems etc.....this stuff just makes me SO SO incredibly angry. gahhhhh

Yeah, who cares about the psychiatric problems he will now confess to having - it was about the child support, imo.

I can't stop crying over this. Horrific. The criminal complaint is linked at the bottom of the article. http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2687234.shtml?cat=1

"You can come home now because I killed the kids"? Even reading that makes my stomach drop. RIP little ones, I'm so sorry one of the people that was supposed to love you and protect you took everything away :(

What planet was this guy born on, that he could do this to his 3 daughters? It's totally incomprehensible to me...just pure evil & despair....

I saw the photos on myspace and came away with a heavy heart. The little girls were just adorable. I can't imagine how heartbroken their mother must be with her entire family just gone. :(

I can't stop crying over this. Horrific. The criminal complaint is linked at the bottom of the article. http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2687234.shtml?cat=1

"You can come home now because I killed the kids"? Even reading that makes my stomach drop. RIP little ones, I'm so sorry one of the people that was supposed to love you and protect you took everything away :(

Criminal complaint may be disturbing to read. Video at the top of the link posted by rillem gives the cause of death, if anyone wants to know. Article also states Aaron's attorney will not agree to releasing the bodies to the family for burial yet.:(

yesterday they were making it sound like he'd left the gas on. Not that it makes killing your daughters any less awful, but at least they would've just fallen asleep. I was totally unprepared when they elaborated today.

I wish we had different laws in this country, to execute people who commit these crimes more swiftly, but that would be almost too merciful, I would like for them to suffer, as cruel as that sounds....

Did he pour the gasoline in the basement thinking that when his ex wife arrived he would torch the place with HER in it? Remember, he told her to come HOME because the kids were dead. She called LE instead, smart woman.

I'm thinking the babysitter is also VERY lucky to be alive today.

Time and time again... I cannot believe how anyone could kill their own children. How do you get so upset that you would even consider it, let alone plan it and carry it out? How could he look his little girls in the eye, after they greeted him hello and do such a thing? He is all they ever knew and trusted and loved and he destroyed everything.

Why do they never just destroy themselves???

The babysitter said the girls were excited to see their dad. She left them in his care around 1:40 p.m.

The girls' mother had asked her ex-husband to leave by 3:30 p.m. because she was coming home, and didn't want to see him.

The girls' mother later received a phone call around 3:30 p.m. from Schaffhausen who said, "You can come home now because I killed the kids." The girls' mother said she immediately called the police.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2687234.shtml?cat=1

Those poor girls. So excited to see their dad and within two hours they were dead. I agree, I will never understand parents who kill their own children to spite one another. I don't want to.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back