Allegations Against JS PRIOR to 1998

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
A thread for investigations into Sandusky's behaviors prior to the 1998 incident.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/07/jerry_sandusky_case_three_men.html

Source: PennLive
Author: Sara Ganim
Date: Monday July 16, 2012

"Sources close to the Jerry Sandusky case say that three men have come forward and told police that they were abused in the 1970s or 1980s by the convicted pedophile.

They are the first men to allege abuse before the 1990s, and if found to be credible, would directly attack the 68-year-old's defense argument that a person doesn't become pedophile in his or her 50s."

More at link.

Not surprising at all.

Just saw this on CNN. Knew y'all would be on it! Not shocked, as I think we all know that he didn't "suddenly" begin molesting young boys in '98. This is going to go way, way back, imo.

Victims 4, 7, and 10 all testified that Sandusky abused them prior to 98. I believe victim 7 was the earliest one to have contact with Sandusky. Sandusky met him in 1994. So we know Sandusky was already molesting boys prior to 98.

The actual number is likely to be much higher than that.

From link:

...one study estimated that by the time of entry to treatment, nonincestuous pedophiles who molest boys had committed an average of 282 offenses against 150 victims.[68]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia"]Pedophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Wikipedia, I know, and when I clicked the footnote link it did not take me to the source article, only the publication.

However, these numbers jibe with statistics I've read in connection with other cases.

Stuff like this sometimes makes me wish I had been raised by wolves rather than being a member of this extremely screwed-up species known as *advertiser censored* sapiens. :frown:

No wonder the grand jury is taking so long....

Of course there are more victims. Of course there are. I can't remember the exact wording, but I was struck by the incredible maladroitness of the statement Sandusky's attorney made to the effect that at man just doesn't suddenly become at pedophile in middle age. Because that's right, he doesn't. I imagine investigators have found quite a few leads in that Touched (and WHAT a horribly appropriate name for it, no?) book JS wrote. He even had the incredible audacity to use photos of some of the victims who later prosecuted him.

By the the time Second Mile had come about, JS had merely perfected his technique. Although the statute of limitations has doubtless run out for some of his victims, I would not be at all surprised to hear that JS started molesting as early as in his teens, and continued throughout his entire football career and his marriage to that unspeakable woman, Dottie.

Of course there are more victims. Of course there are. I can't remember the exact wording, but I was struck by the incredible maladroitness of the statement Sandusky's attorney made to the effect that at man just doesn't suddenly become at pedophile in middle age. Because that's right, he doesn't. I imagine investigators have found quite a few leads in that Touched (and WHAT a horribly appropriate name for it, no?) book JS wrote. He even had the incredible audacity to use photos of some of the victims who later prosecuted him.

By the the time Second Mile had come about, JS had merely perfected his technique. Although the statute of limitations has doubtless run out for some of his victims, I would not be at all surprised to hear that JS started molesting as early as in his teens, and continued throughout his entire football career and his marriage to that unspeakable woman, Dottie.

I completely agree.

Especially when you hear of his self admitted awkwardness with the opposite sex. Had it not been for JS's mother asking Dottie out for JS I doubt JS would have ever married. Although being married helped him conceal who he really was from most of society.

A thread for investigations into Sandusky's behaviors prior to the 1998 incident.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/07/jerry_sandusky_case_three_men.html

Source: PennLive
Author: Sara Ganim
Date: Monday July 16, 2012

"Sources close to the Jerry Sandusky case say that three men have come forward and told police that they were abused in the 1970s or 1980s by the convicted pedophile.

They are the first men to allege abuse before the 1990s, and if found to be credible, would directly attack the 68-year-old's defense argument that a person doesn't become pedophile in his or her 50s."
More at link.

as one poster said, ya gotta take that argument with a grain of salt since it is from sanduskys atty...hahaahahahaah...pretty funny...grain of salt...

IIRC, some of us posted back in previous threads about how we thought JS had molested boys from the time he was a young adult, maybe even teenager. I imagine if the true number of victims could be known it would be over 100...that is usually what is found for a practicing pedophile....IMO

Please remember that this thread is for Sandusky's prior abuses.

I am really hoping that these additional victims will force the DA to investigate The Second Mile staff and administrators. Many at TSM had to know that Jerry was putrid before the 1998 shower investigation. He started TSM for the purpose of harvesting boys and therefore, he started molesting them as soon as the opportunity arose at TSM facilities. TSM was a foster home facility and a residential treatment facility.

Since Jerry Sandusky grew up at Brownson House, I wonder if he targeted anyone who went through Brownson House. There is also Ernie or Big Ern that Sandusky befriended and those mentally challenged and underprivileged he befriended as well. I shudder to think that there are many more victims that were raped in Penn State and went unreported or even reported but nothing happened. How much did the Penn State administration and Joe Paterno know even before 1998?

Convict claims abuse by Jerry Sandusky
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1061166518

A 40-year-old career con brought up in the Bay State is claiming he, too, was sexually molested by Jerry Sandusky while attending a weeklong camp at Penn State for athletically gifted high school football players in 1988, his lawyer said yesterday.

Garabedian said his client was 16 and playing ball at a Massachusetts high school when he attended the camp. The man told Garabedian that Sandusky molested him twice “on the Penn State campus.”

Sounds believable:

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – A 57-year-old man has told the KDKA Investigators that he was sexually assaulted by Jerry Sandusky more than 40 years ago.

This is the first case outside of the Penn State scandal.

The man told KDKA Investigator Marty Griffin that he was sexually assaulted in the basement of a recreation center started by the Sandusky family in the late 1950s in Washington, Pa.

The facility is called the Brownson House.

The man, who has been interviewed by police, said he was sexually assaulted when he was 11-years-old. Jerry Sandusky was 22-years-old at the time...

Sources tell the KDKA Investigators the 57-year-old man is the third man who claims he was sexually assaulted at the Brownson House more than 40 years ago.http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012...sky-sexually-assaulted-him-over-40-years-ago/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back