Man's obituary confesses to unearned Ph.D, other shenanigans

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
SALT LAKE CITY - An obituary is one of the last opportunities people have to hear about who you were after you die. It's the final word; it's the last chance.

Val Patterson's obituary is written much like his life was spent.Funny, brilliant, touching — with a hint of rebellion, and even some sarcasm, Patterson's obituary reflects the qualities of what his life was: an experience. And now, even though he has passed away, we still have the opportunity to live vicariously through his wild ride.

Read more:
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21286766&ni...earned-phd-other-shenanigans&s_cid=featured-4

Link to entire Obit:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/saltlaketribune/obituary.aspx?n=val-patterson&pid=158526785

Well after reading his obituary I think Mary Jane had a wonderfully sweet, charming and funny husband!

" - and SeaWorld San Diego, too, if you read this." lolol.

Wow. I'm glad he got to clear the air...I hope it helped to make his final days,hours, minutes and seconds easier.

It was kind of refreshing, as refreshing as an obit can be, anyway.

This inspires me - I'm not sick or anything, but I actually think I will start working on my obituary. Lord knows, my husband would not come up with anything so memorable or clever.

Reminds me of the obit of an elderly woman here in Indianapolis. The last sentence read as follows: "She was a great and life-long fan of Indiana University basketball, she was NOT, however, a fan of Bobby Knight!"

Now THAT is carrying a grudge to your grave, kids!

Oh my gosh. I so very much want to know more about the Motor Inn/safe caper!

R.I.P., Val, and may Mary Jane be uplifted by the memories of the laughs they must have shared.

I was surprised to learn Mary Jane was human.

I went back to read the obit in the context you hinted at and I am LMAO. I bet Val also found the humor in his wife's name.;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog
Back