Found Deceased UK - Rachel Wilson, 19, Middlesbrough, North Yorks, 31 May 2002 *Arrest*

Fluttershy

Reaction score
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jul/16/rachel-wilson-body-farmland-middlesbrough

A body found on farmland three weeks ago is that of a teenager who was murdered after she disappeared a decade ago, police said.

Rachel Wilson, 19, went missing from the Southfield Road area of Middlesbrough, where she was a sex worker, in May 2002.

Cleveland police confirmed that remains found at Newham Hall Farm, on the outskirts of Middlesbrough, were hers.

Rachel-Wilson-008.jpg

Police are investigating possible links with the disappearance of two other women in Middlesbrough. Vicky Glass, 21, vanished from the town centre in September 2000; her naked body was found on moorland near Danby, North Yorkshire, six weeks later.

Donna Keogh was 17 when she went missing from a house party in 1998; police believe she was murdered although no body has been found.

Could there be a link to the murders of Sian O'Callaghan and Becky Godden-Edwards? The way Becky's body was hidden on farmland appears very similar to how Rachel's body was disposed of. Also Rachel's background was almost identical to that of Becky. Definitely worth investigating IMHO.

From May 2015:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/ne...ller_on_the_anniversary_of_her_disappearance/

Police have renewed an appeal for help to track down the killer of a Middlesbrough teenager on the 13th anniversary of her disappearance...

Rachel, a known sex worker, was one of three young women who went missing from the town in a four-year period... No one has ever been charged in connection with any of the disappearances or murders...

A man was arrested in 2014 and he is still on police bail.

OkieGranny, I'm just wondering if there is any significance to the links you provide in these threads? Is it to bump the case up? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was an arrest made but no charges filed. UK law confuses me, so I'm not sure if they think they already have the right guy or if maybe he's an accomplice or something? But it did say they still need help to track down the killer so it could be they're still looking.

Anyway, it still hasn't been fully resolved, as far as I can tell, so I bumped it really just to say this one isn't done yet.

There's a potential serial killer angle too, which is always sleuthworthy.

:seeya:

Could there be a link to the murders of Sian O'Callaghan and Becky Godden-Edwards? The way Becky's body was hidden on farmland appears very similar to how Rachel's body was disposed of. Also Rachel's background was almost identical to that of Becky. Definitely worth investigating IMHO.

I don't think so... Becky & Sian disappeared in/around Wiltshire, Rachel from Middlesborough.

As of February 2015, an arrest was made in Becky's case:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-godden-edwards-man-arrested-over-5188017

See Okiegranny's post for arrest in Rachel's case. I'm not seeing a link, as yet.

He's too young to be our suspect but, still, interesting news from October:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/t...ion-murder-middlesbrough-girl-rachel-10363676

The investigation into the murder of Middlesbrough girl Rachel Wilson led to the incarceration of an “evil” rapist, it has emerged.

Officers revisited hundreds of people after Rachel’s body was found in June 2012... It was during the interviews relating to the murder investigation that two women revealed they had been sexually attacked by Anthony Rushanopsky between 1999 and 2001. A third woman later revealed she was a victim when she was just 17.

As reported, 52-year-old Rushanopsky is this week starting a 16-year jail term after being convicted by a jury of four counts of rape and three indecent assaults.

Earlier this month:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/rachel-wilson-murder-suspect-still-10701058

The man suspected of murdering Middlesbrough teenager Rachel Wilson is still on police bail - 18 months on from his arrest.

The 56-year-old man was arrested in June 2014 for the murder of the 19-year-old woman.

There was an arrest made but no charges filed. UK law confuses me, so I'm not sure if they think they already have the right guy or if maybe he's an accomplice or something?

Basically if they reasonably believe the individual may have had something to do with the matter being investigated, they can arrest him. This means that any interviews carried out while he is under arrest must be done under caution, but also that they have certain powers to search his home and other premises without obtaining a warrant if they believe that the premises may have been used in connection with the crime of if they believe there may be evidence there.

He can subsequently be de-arrested if they then come to believe he is not likely to have been involved in the matter, but can later be re-arrested if new information comes to light.

Rachel Wilson murder probe: Teen was last seen alive 16 years ago

Today marks 16 years since Middlesbrough teenager Rachel Wilson was last seen alive.

Grainy CCTV footage released by police showed the 19-year-old walking alone along Woodlands Road in the early hours of May 31, 2002.

For the following 10 years, her heartbroken family made appeal after appeal in a bid to find the former Hall Garth pupil.

But Rachel’s disappearance remained a mystery until June 27, 2012, when tragically her remains were found in a shallow grave on farmland near Coulby Newham .

Rachel’s killer has never been found. And for her family, the agonising wait for answers and justice goes on.

This case is very close to where I grew up, though it was some 20 years after I left the area so it wasn't on my radar until very recently. We used to keep ponies at Fairy Dell and at several local farms in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Unfortunately the area has been so extensively developed and built up I'm struggling to identify landmarks on Google Maps.

I don't think so... Becky & Sian disappeared in/around Wiltshire, Rachel from Middlesborough.

OT, but I was reminded when this thread came up again today:

Becky & Sian’s Killer was found, convicted, is serving life.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/sep/19/chris-halliwell-found-guilty-becky-godden-murder

A PIMP has admitted killing a teenager whose body was found in a field 10 years after she vanished.

Keith Hall, 62, denied murdering Rachel Wilson, 19, in 2002 but admitted her manslaughter before his trial was due to start at Teesside Crown Court.

The defendant, of Lambton Road, Grove Hill, Middlesbrough, also admitted perverting the course of justice and living off prostitution, in that he took money made by his victim.

The long-time drug addict will be sentenced on June 29 after medical reports indicating his life expectancy are produced.

Mrs Justice Lambert told Hall: "Whatever the content of that medical report, it is very likely I will be imposing a significant custodial sentence upon you."

Pimp, 62, admits killing teen, 19, after body found 10 years after she vanished

The Crown Prosecution Service said it had not been able to pursue a murder conviction because it would have been "very difficult" to prove Hall's intent.

Keith Hall, 62, lied for years about dumping her body in a shallow grave but kept a lock of her hair in his wallet, Cleveland Police said.

o_O
That is one of the disturbing details which have been reported since yesterday. Shocking that he was suspected from day 1, but even after Rachel’s body was found in 2012, it took ‘til 2019 to charge him. I wonder how many times Cleveland police were turned down by the CPS before they managed to gather enough evidence.
Tragic death of Rachel Wilson and how justice finally caught up with killer
The key clues which helped net close in on Rachel Wilson's killer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners