Ice cream for dogs launches

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A Belgian company is producing ice cream specifically for dogs.

Three young marketing students from Edingen are confident their Dog Ice - which will be in the shape of a big bone - will be a huge success.

"We'll start with vanilla flavour but I think in the future it might also be possible to develop a special meat flavour", one of the producers, David Decroix, said.

His business partner Didier Murena said they came up with the idea when they noticed dog-owners sharing ice creams with their pets.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1220481.html?menu=

Does this mean that Baskin Robbins will develop a steak ice cream for people who want to bring in their pets?

Casshew said:
A Belgian company is producing ice cream specifically for dogs.

Three young marketing students from Edingen are confident their Dog Ice - which will be in the shape of a big bone - will be a huge success.

"We'll start with vanilla flavour but I think in the future it might also be possible to develop a special meat flavour", one of the producers, David Decroix, said.

His business partner Didier Murena said they came up with the idea when they noticed dog-owners sharing ice creams with their pets.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1220481.html?menu=[/QUOTE]

Someone beat them to it. I buy Frosty Paws for Gracie and Duncan all the time. It's a ice cream for dogs that come in little plastic cups. It's hysterical, because they have to lick it instead of just gobbling it down. It takes them about 20 minutes to finish. It is some sort of soy product and it's located with people ice cream in the market.

Jeana (DP) said:
We've been able to buy pupsickles for a long time. Is this the same as those?

LOL! People who breed dogs sometimes use frozen sperm from a long-dead champion dog to artificially inseminate the mother dog. They often refer to the resulting litter as "pupsicles." I hadn't heard of the doggie treat by that name.

Here in California there's a product called Frosty Paws, which looks like one of those little paper ice cream cups with lids that they used to serve in school cafeterias. I've never bought any for our dogs so I don't know what "flavors" they come in.

Seems like people are spending more and more $$$ on their pets these days...not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just a really hot market for eager entrepreneurs.

My dogs love the frosty paws too but they're equally happy with a bowl of ice cubes. However, when I break out the Ben n Jerry's- look out! They flank me like ice cream pirates till they get a bite.

"PUPSICKLES" That's what I've been calling my dogs all winter. They go outside in the cold, shiver and come back inside...PUPSICKLES !! WE have a 14yr. old dog who dances in circles everytime he hears us mention DAIRY QUEEN since he was a pup we took him for cones in the summer. Dogs love their ice-cream and we love our dogs...

Sigmund Loves Frosty Paws - we bought him some last christmas and now he cant get enough! :D

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back