Identified! CA - San Mateo, WhtMale UP10424, 60-75, on motorized scooter, Jun'12 *ROBERT DOUGLAS*

webrocket

Reaction score
saw this on Namus today. I find it hard to believe they cannot identify this guy.

a senior citizen, riding a motorized scooter and hit by a train. in his possession was a cell phone. in many places even bicycles are registered so does anyone in CA know if a motorized scooter being driven on the streets needs registration?

you'd think the first thing LE would have done was to have called a few numbers on the phone. even assuming it was locked, there has to be someone who can crack those passwords.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10424

"Go-Go Pride Mobility Scooter," is a motorized wheelchair. They're not cheap, so if it was funded by a medical program, the serial number could be traced. But there is a large secondary market for these, too.

http://www.pridemobility.com/

HE only weighed 130 lbs?

He was wearing an adult diaper and in a motorized wheelchair, have they contacted local nursing homes?

This is so sad. :(

It may be that HIPAA laws are preventing LE from tracing the ownership of the motorized wheelchair.

saw this on Namus today. I find it hard to believe they cannot identify this guy.

a senior citizen, riding a motorized scooter and hit by a train. in his possession was a cell phone. in many places even bicycles are registered so does anyone in CA know if a motorized scooter being driven on the streets needs registration?

you'd think the first thing LE would have done was to have called a few numbers on the phone. even assuming it was locked, there has to be someone who can crack those passwords.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10424

More info - sounds like the scooter lead went nowhere.

http://www.smdailyjournal.com/artic...eleases sketch of man fatally struck by train

actually come to think of it, with the phone I think they can remove the SIM card and get information off of it that way even if the keypad of the phone is locked.

according to the article he was wearing pants that were 36 x 32 so the estimated weight of 130 must be wrong yet they said it was measured. then again, he was hit by a train so maybe they could not measure it all.

If the witness accounts are true that the gentleman frequently a single area of the city often, I am assuming he is local and has a place to stay and/or store his scooter somewhere. But there are several large cities in close quarters to San Mateo so he could be from SF, San Jose, Oakland, Concord, etc.

according to the article he was wearing pants that were 36 x 32 so the estimated weight of 130 must be wrong yet they said it was measured. then again, he was hit by a train so maybe they could not measure it all.

Or they could have been ill-fitting.

Bumping...

There is only 1 rule-out on the NamUs profile. Its so sad that no-one has reported him missing yet.

Has anyone heard anything new regarding this man?

Bumping...

There is only 1 rule-out on the NamUs profile. Its so sad that no-one has reported him missing yet.

Has anyone heard anything new regarding this man?

2 Rule-outs now. Glad to see they are still looking.

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Michael Griffin 1939 California
Russell Wilson 1944 California

Bump...

They now have 15 rule-outs

Earl Atkinson 1920 California
Kenneth Beltram 1952 California
Frank Bouzout 1915 California
Jose Cortez 1951 California
Terry FOX 1950 California
Angelo Gatti 1952 California
Usbaldo Hernandez 1924 California
Christopher King 1950 California
Frederick Leach 1926 California
William Leach 1926 California
Dale McKay 1949 California
Daniel Shrock 1936 California
Evan Snider 1942 California
Russell Wilson 1944 California

Or they could have been ill-fitting.

As someone who works with the elderly a lot of their clothes can be ill fitting especially after illness. I wouldn't put too much stock in that; they could be an old pair of pants.

As for the adult diaper it doesn't necessarily mean nursing home. I worked in an AL facility and we had people who left grounds in motorized scooters.

I looked up range for the scooter and that brand (although I don't know model) gets between 6 and 18 miles a charge. So you would think he would from no more than 9 miles away!

I kinda wonder if this is a case where the family doesn't want to ID him- either because they still might be claiming some sort of pension/disability/ss on him, or they don't want to pay for a burial or whatever.
Why? 2 reasons: Because the earpiece- he doesn't just have the phone for emergencies- I would guess you would only have the earpiece when you talk for awhile on the phone which means he has normal contact with people who would miss him. Second reason: scooter and repeated witness sightings of him in the area which leads me to the fact that he had a permanant home of some sort no more than 3-8 miles from the scene of the accident.
I know that LE was there within minutes of the crash. Could there have been people there before LE trying to "help" who stole his wallet?

Sorry for the triple post:

I wonder if LE has looked into Donald Hillburn at all? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17814/4/

-He is from about 60 miles away.
-He told roommates he was suicidal
-Last seen date is 7/3/2012 (body is found 6/21/2012 but I wonder if LKA is incorrect)
-He is in right age range, has moustache
-height is similar, looks similar

Sorry for the triple post:

I wonder if LE has looked into Donald Hillburn at all? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17814/4/

-He is from about 60 miles away.
-He told roommates he was suicidal
-Last seen date is 7/3/2012 (body is found 6/21/2012 but I wonder if LKA is incorrect)
-He is in right age range, has moustache
-height is similar, looks similar

One thing that would point away from him is that Donald Hillburn has a tattoo, UID does not it seems.

I'm disappointed there's no info about the phone, hopefully they did look at the phone records and found nothing.

With this -- my grandmother, about two years before she passed away, lost a considerable amount of weight. She never bothered to replace her pants for whatever reason, so she'd often just pin the extra fabric. Also, she liked to buy sweatpants a size too big and cut the waistband (and pin them back together).

Maybe that's what he was doing?

I've seen older men wear their pants too large to sort of hide the fact they're wearing a diaper, as well.

Ruleouts as of 27 March 2014 (https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10424):

Earl Atkinson 1920 California
Kenneth Beltram 1952 California
Frank Bouzout 1915 California
RODNEY BOWSMAN 1942 California
Jose Cortez 1951 California
Terry FOX 1950 California
Angelo Gatti 1952 California
Robert Goodbar 1940 California
Usbaldo Hernandez 1924 California
Steven KEYES 1949 California