GUILTY MO - Logan Crow, 22 mos, dies of methadone OD, Granby, 24 June 2012

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Granby woman facing charge after toddler dies from ingesting methadone pill (Joplin Globe)
GRANBY, Mo. — A Granby woman, Elizabeth Farnam, 33, is facing a murder charge in the overdose death of her 22-month-old son, Logan Crow, who is believed to have ingested a methadone pill that she dropped in church.
---
Sheriff’s Detective Mike Barnett wrote in the affidavit that Farnam admitted that she takes methadone without a prescription.

Barnett also interviewed two other family members. One said he’d seen Farnam drop a pill while they were in church on June 24 with Logan sitting on her lap. She looked for the pill and could not find it, even with the help of a woman who was sitting behind them.
---
Prosecutor Jake Skouby said the mother was charged under the felony murder rule in Missouri. “Had she not been committing that crime, then the child would not have got hold of the methadone,” Skouby said.
---
more at link above

You don't check on your toddler for 18 hours? Lost methadone pill or not?

You drop X amount of milligrams of methadone and can't find it. Your toddler is nodding on his feet and sweating profusely and you have somebody put him "down" for a flippin 18 hour nap?

Well now she's in withdrawl because she isn't going to get any methadone in jail.

RIP little guy.

From above link

Emergency responders called to the family’s home the morning of June 25 found the child deceased. Farnam and the boy’s father, Heithcliff Crow, 32, told Granby police and sheriff’s investigators that they put the child down for a nap about 4 p.m. the previous day and had not checked on him until about 10 a.m. that morning.

What???? :what:

RIP little Logan :cry:

From above link

Emergency responders called to the family’s home the morning of June 25 found the child deceased. Farnam and the boy’s father, Heithcliff Crow, 32, told Granby police and sheriff’s investigators that they put the child down for a nap about 4 p.m. the previous day and had not checked on him until about 10 a.m. that morning.

What???? :what:

RIP little Logan :cry:

Is it me? Forget she bought the methadone ilegally and forget she loses it and doesn't worry her baby picked it up and ate it. The mere fact you do not check in on a toddler for all those hours? We've read other cases like this. So some people put a kid to bed and then don't just peek in on them even? Wouldn't the kid have to be changed? Hungry? Ummmmm, dehydrated or on the verge? Like what the he*l were YOU doing in those 16 hours besides probally trying to score more methadone?

My nephew had a baby recenlty and said "Auntie how do you sleep? I keep looking in on him. I keep checking on him." Good luck with that, pal I told him. Kiss your sleep goodbye. If he's anything like his dad, my dad, and the rest of us that will last into I'd say at least aged 21 or older.

I can't find one photograph of little Logan. Poor baby.

There's a few photos of the little guy on FB on the dad's page. The mom used two different names so it was difficult to find hers. She went by Parlet.

Not linking as there's two other adorable brothers. I feel bad for them little guys.

This is why people who need prescription medication-especially methadone patients-get a bad wrap. Makes me sick.

First, glad she is being charged. Second who doesn't check on their child, that just makes me mad. And third, I don't care if I drop a kids vitamin or some dangerous drug. I would search till I found it. And if I didn't I would make a call to the doctors office, and seek his advice which would probably be what to look for, and then the the emergency rooms. DUH

I mean really, put it together. If you dropped a pill, and later your child is acting off and falls asleep standing. Come on. Gosh this has made me so angry..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back