GUILTY TN - Frankie 'Shea' Ledbetter, 20, Winchester, 24 Dec 2004

ShowerSinger

Reaction score
Winchester, Tennessee
Convenience store clerk
This pretty young woman was discovered missing by a customer. Her car and purse were left behind, but several hundred dollars is missing. There were signs of a slight struggle.
Very small town area is in shock.

Prayers for her, and her loved ones.

Hi, ShowerSinger and thanks for posting about Frankie.

I am on the Winchester newspaper site and cannot find the link to the story. Did you see this on the news, and if so, which channel, pls, so I can find the story?

Thanks, ahead of time...and always for your care for the missing and those who search. God bless you, SS

With love and HOPE, Lanie

[font=arial,helvetica]you should find more on this story in the coming days. some of the links for the news here is: www.tennessean.com www.wkrn.com www.newschannel5.com www.wsmv.com [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica][size=-2][/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica][size=-2]

Staff Writer[/size][/font]
A $1,000 reward has been issued for information leading to the whereabouts of a Winchester, Tenn., convenience store clerk whom investigators suspect is the victim of a robbery-abduction.

At about 11 p.m. on Christmas Eve, Frankie Shea Ledbetter, 20, was in the process of closing the Whistle Stop Market on U.S. 64 in Franklin County when the incident occurred, according to Dennis Young, director of the Winchester Public Safety Department.

A customer on Christmas Day found the store unlocked and the clerk's purse, coat, cigarettes and car there. Ledbetter and several hundred dollars, however, were gone, Young said.

''We're getting tip after tip, but we haven't had anything concrete,'' Young said. ''We've been interviewing people 24/seven right now, but we haven't had any breaks in the case, yet.''

There is a sign of a ''possible light struggle,'' Young added.

Ledbetter's mother and boyfriend were unaware of her disappearance until they were notified by investigators.

''That's because the mother thought she (Ledbetter) was staying with her boyfriend that night and her boyfriend thought she was staying with her mother,'' Young said. ''We've interviewed everybody from her friends, her past friends, ex-associates, family members and nobody has heard a word.''

Many in this town of 7,500 were unable to enjoy their Christmas holiday weekend because of the alleged robbery-abduction, Young said.

''Everybody here is upset on account of this being a small community and all. Plus, with it happening on Christmas Eve, that makes it even worse.''

Ledbetter is described as being 5-foot-7, with blond hair, green eyes and weighing about 175 pounds. She was last seen wearing a white, long-sleeve T-shirt and brown corduroy pants.

The public is urged to contact Winchester police at 931-967-3849 with any information.

Doesn't this remind you of Katie Poirier's abduction? Her murderer is in prison.

I am praying for Frankie's safe return. This is so very sad.

I do remember Katie's abduction and murder as she was from the area where I live.

I want to know how the owners/managers of convenience stores (common targets of violent crimes) are allowed to leave the stores attended late at night by a single person -- much less a young woman. I realize that it is a cheap way of running a business, but safety measures should be more important than finances.

So incredibly sad. It happening on Christmas Eve makes it even sadder. Prayers for the safe return of Frankie. Stuff like this just shouldn't happen, but happens all too often. I, too, wish she hadn't been there alone late at night!!

I wonder since she was in the process of closing the store for the night if she had already locked the doors? and then opened it at the last minute to allow someone she might of been familiar with, thinking that they were no cause for concern? maybe I have missed something here, but did not the store have cameras and stuff like that? this community is a rural area, lots of places that are isolated. too sad that this young mother disappeared the way she did, happens way too many times in this country. what a sad tragedy for this to happen to a family on christmas eve night, lets all keep this family in our prayers that she is located safe...

Posted: 12/28/2004 11:10:00 AM
Updated: 12/28/2004 11:17:24 AM

Tuesday, police in Franklin County, Tennessee confirmed they found the body of a woman who disappeared Christmas Eve.

The body of Shea Elliott, 20, was found near Tims Ford Lake in Estil Springs Tuesday morning.

Two hunter’s found the body around 9 a.m. in a rural area, police said.

Witnesses said it appeared she was shot to death.

Elliott disappeared Christmas Eve while closing the Whistle Stop Market in Winchester. Money was taken from the store’s register, and police said they believe she was kidnapped.

The body was found about 45 minutes north of the market, police said.

The family was notified about the discovery Tuesday morning.

Police haven’t named any suspects in the case.

Link

Prayers for answers and justice, Lanie

I'm not sure, if her name should be listed as Ledbetter or Elliot. Does anyone know?

ShowerSinger said:
I'm not sure, if her name should be listed as Ledbetter or Elliot. Does anyone know?

I believe she was in NCIC as Elliot. I don't know anything more at this time.

God bless you, SS

Just saw this on my local news. So sad, May God Bless her family. I wish the news was better.

Oh, how I dreaded clicking on this b/c I knew the news wouldn't be good. How horrible. Prayers to her family!!

Thank you for posting this, fourboys . Your pure love for the missing and those who search for them is appreciated more than you realize. Your dedication is to be esteemed. I am proud to call you friend and sister.

Prayers for this family, for comfort and for justice.
With love, Lanie

one news source indicated that the cause of her death was blunt force trauma to the head, this morning there was another news cast indicating the cause of death has not been released. there should be more later today on this case, the news cast also had indicated that she was not sexually assulted, I believe she was found fully clothed by two deer hunters, since the discovery the police have found more evidence and clues. I think the person that abducted her only did so to prevent her from contacting police after the robbery, further more I feel this is someone she could identify, maybe an old aquantance or a frequent customer at the store.. this man will be apprehended soon.

Not to be ugly here, but have they ruled out the boyfriend? Shea's mom thought Shea was staying with him on Christmas Eve, which was why she didn't realize anything was wrong until the next day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566
Back