Choking Game?

princessmer81

Reaction score
I am sorry, I have tried to get caught up on this case but it is impossible! Please forgive me if this topic has already come up. Recenlty there has been a lot on my local news about a "choking game" that elementary school children are playing. The children choke each other until they pass out. I was shocked when I heard about this, but I guess it has been going on for some time. Could it be possible that the children were playing a choking game and it went too far? The parents could have covered up the incident by making it look like an intruder did it?

Yea its quite possible. I'm still unsure of the intruder theory, but it is possible that this was a game that went to far?

PrincessM, I have never heard of this game being played by kids. Have you heard if it can cause the children any brain damage and have there been any deaths reported? This is very alarming and I wonder how on earth it got started.

txsvicki said:
PrincessM, I have never heard of this game being played by kids. Have you heard if it can cause the children any brain damage and have there been any deaths reported? This is very alarming and I wonder how on earth it got started.

txsvicki,

There are numerous instances of children engaging in "choking games". Choking is a less extreme form of erotic asphyxiation -- the difference being the use of a ligature device such as a rope or belt in EA versus the use of the bare hands in choking. In both instances sexual arousal is experienced. Choking and EA is employed almost exclusively by young males, although some females also do it.

It has been known since recorded history that choking causes spontaneous arousal. When men were sentenced and hanged until dead, it was often noted that they developed erections while being hanged.

Very young children can and do practice choking and EA, sometimes ending up in accidental death. From the Journal of Forensic Sciences, pages 490-491, 1995, the following case involving four males was recorded:

"Two adolescent males (ages 13 and 10) initially engaged in homosexual activity in conjunction with sexual asphyxiation. This unusual activity was by chance observed by one of the boys' younger brother and his friend. The younger children (ages 7 and 8) expressed a desire to join in the activity, which they did by letting ligatures be tied around their necks and engaging in anal intercourse to the point of fatal asphyxiation."

Usually, when young people (most often in their teens and twenties) use erotic asphyxiation devices it is for masturbation purposes. The FBI estimates that at least 500 people asphyxiate themselves while messing with EA and AEA, at least some of which were likely from choking.

IMO the ligature device around JonBenet's neck was for erotic asphyxiation purposes. It was not a garrote.

JMO

Thanks BlueCrab, I had heard of teenage boys, a serial killer in his youth, and bondage type adults involved in ea, but had no idea of the spontaneous part. I wasn't sure that's what was involved with these kids. A spontaneous feeling of pleasure explains how kids learn it from others but some of the younger ones must not understand fully why it is making them feel that way. I'd still like to know if there have been many reports of noticeable brain damage.

I don't know if there is brain damage or not. It would make sense that there would be. The reason why this topic has come up in my local news is because a boy's parents are being sued because he choked another child at school - he says they were playing the choking game. The boy that was choked did not die but he had marks on his neck - they didn't say if he had brain damage or not. I am looking for a link with more info.

princessmer81 said:
I don't know if there is brain damage or not. It would make sense that there would be. The reason why this topic has come up in my local news is because a boy's parents are being sued because he choked another child at school - he says they were playing the choking game. The boy that was choked did not die but he had marks on his neck - they didn't say if he had brain damage or not. I am looking for a link with more info.

I was just wondering if something like that could have been causing JonBenet to soil herself? I know that problems with bedwetting can go on with a 6 year old, but soiling is another story. The public probably wouldn't know the entire truth though. Like how long that had been happening or if she started doing poorly in school.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back