After officer-involved shooting, cops fire bean bags, sic dog on crowd

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Protest currently under way at APD station. Video at link is alarming.

Near Riot Breaks Out After Officer-Involved Shooting In Anaheim (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
ANAHEIM (CBS/AP) — A police shooting that left a man dead led to a near riot Saturday as angry witnesses threw bottles at officers who responded with tear gas and beanbag rounds.
---
Residents, protesting what they say is an increased police violence against them in the community, started the near riot after the shooting on nearby La Palma.
---
Residents told Jay Jackson, reporting for CBS2 and KCAL9, that police overreacted and created the disturbance.
---
Said Susan Lopez, “I had my baby with me. My baby! The dog scratched me and then grabbed me.” She added, “They shot at me while I was holding a baby!” Another woman yelled, “They just shot at us, they shot at a little kid, too.”
---
Four people told Jackson that police offered to buy their cell phone video.
much, much more, with the video, at link above

Speechless indeed. And with it being summer, lots of folks on the streets...and riots are contagious.

I have a hard time negatively judging LE, but this doesn't seem like it was handled well...and in conjunction with the homeless man who was beat to death (I am so sorry, I can't recall his name) and was bi-polar.... ,,,,, ??? Seems that something is going on in the Anaheim PD which is worrying.

Best-
Herding Cats

It's apparently getting a bit worse...something on the news about a second man being shot the next day, and now violence in the mini-riots...a chair threw the Starbucks window or something, and lots of police presence.

Rioting never solves anything...having lived through two riots (I don't remember the one in the 60s, but I was here; the Rodney King riots really scared me silly), there is nothing but harm which comes from riots. Nothing.

Edgy times, these...

Best-
Herding Cats

Sad. I was born in Anaheim and moved when I was ten...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back