What does this mean?

angarella

A thousand miles from nowhere.....
Reaction score
In the Steve Thomas book on page 29 (after John says it has to be an inside job), it says "Three years later, Arndt described the event differently on national television, revealing informations hse never put in her police reports. "As we looked at each other, I wore a shoulder holster, I remember tucking my gun right next to me and conscioulsy counting I've got 18 bullets,", she said. "I don't know if we'd all be alive when people showed up...Everything made sense in that instand and I knew what happened."

I have read and re-read this and I don't know what Arndt means.

Help?

TIA

Welcome.

To answer your question, I think the general consensus is that in that moment, Arndt read something (perhaps on John Ramsey's facial expression) that made her believe that he was involved in JonBenet's death. As a result of this, she was afraid and started "counting bullets".

I believed she thought she was on the set of "Rosemary's Baby", and wanted to take out the entire cast. IMO it was pretty clear back then that she was over her head, the shock and stress of the moment was beyond her capabilities to handle,and her reaction was pure FEAR! She had been one to follow acts of sexual abuse and incest to an arrest, this was her JOB, Steve's was to follow known suspects and find them with the "stuff", both were ill prepared for a botched kidnapping/murder. They both brought too much of their narrow "job descriptions" with them,IMO.

sissi said:
I believed she thought she was on the set of "Rosemary's Baby", and wanted to take out the entire cast. IMO it was pretty clear back then that she was over her head, the shock and stress of the moment was beyond her capabilities to handle,and her reaction was pure FEAR! She had been one to follow acts of sexual abuse and incest to an arrest, this was her JOB, Steve's was to follow known suspects and find them with the "stuff", both were ill prepared for a botched kidnapping/murder. They both brought too much of their narrow "job descriptions" with them,IMO.

You know what Sissi? That is really unfair. The one that should bear the heat of the detective's training (or lack of) is Tom Koby. He wanted everyone to alternate jobs so that everyone knew how the whole police department worked or for whatever reason. Tom Koby was a worthless leader of the BPD, and he's to blame for the majority of screw-ups, not the detectives. And don't even get me started on Steve Thomas. He did the best he could with what he had to work with. As for Linda Arndt, I advise you to go read her depo. It's available at Forums for Justice, on the JonBenet Ramsey Public Forum.

great_tezi said:
You know what Sissi? That is really unfair. The one that should bear the heat of the detective's training (or lack of) is Tom Koby. He wanted everyone to alternate jobs so that everyone knew how the whole police department worked or for whatever reason. Tom Koby was a worthless leader of the BPD, and he's to blame for the majority of screw-ups, not the detectives. And don't even get me started on Steve Thomas. He did the best he could with what he had to work with. As for Linda Arndt, I advise you to go read her depo. It's available at Forums for Justice, on the JonBenet Ramsey Public Forum.

Apparently the alternating of the jobs had just started. Thomas had never worked a murder case and I don't think Arndt had worked on anything like this. Two people right there that were in way over their heads.

Boulder had never had a case like this and when the media jumped on it and everyone was in the public eye, they all ran in different directions. Like stepping on an ant farm. :eek: Arndt probably didn't know whether to scratch her watch or wind her elbow. It's a shame things went as they did.

( By the way, I'm watching the movie right now.)

sissi said:
Fair!? What these people did to this family is unconscionable!

I don't blame them all for what happened, but had the crime scene been secured from the beginning, we wouldn't be talking about this now. The killer(s) would be behind bars. I still can't believe the Ramsey's had all those people over to the home that morning, even after the ransom note said if they talked to a stray dog, Jonbenet would be "beheaded." Now, that is is unconscionable. Had they had a single concern for Jonbenet, they would have called no one except the police.

Trying to get out of Dodge the same day as Jonbenet's body was found is unconscionable.

Throwing everyone you know under the bus as a suspect, is unconscionable.

And hiding behind attorneys while everyone else talks to the police, is inconscionable.

The list goes on and on and on. I wonder what Patsy and John are doing these days to try and find the "real" killers? :(

So many questions...very few answers.

BeeBee said:
Apparently the alternating of the jobs had just started. Thomas had never worked a murder case and I don't think Arndt had worked on anything like this. Two people right there that were in way over their heads.

Boulder had never had a case like this and when the media jumped on it and everyone was in the public eye, they all ran in different directions. Like stepping on an ant farm. :eek: Arndt probably didn't know whether to scratch her watch or wind her elbow. It's a shame things went as they did.

( By the way, I'm watching the movie right now.)

And I guarantee you if this had been Joe and Betty Average, things would have been different. The Ramsey's "lawyered-up" early. The "party" the Ramsey's created that morning with their friends was also a mistake (not for them). Ardnt should have tossed all of them except the Ramsey's out on their ears...then had the R's stay put.

luvbeaches said:
Throwing everyone you know under the bus as a suspect, is unconscionable.

I would have thrown the Pope, if I thought it would catch the murderer. :snooty:

TressaRing28 said:
I would have thrown the Pope, if I thought it would catch the murderer. :snooty:

So what about their little "tea party" and the ransom note? Did all those people "help" find the killer? If anything, had she really been kidnapped, she may have been beheaded because of this action. :snooty:

"Oh, gosh, my daughter has been kidnapped...help me, Jesus, but everyone come on over. Let's trample all over the crime scene, and possibly erase any evidence...and we don't really think that silly foreign faction will really behead our little girl...hey, who's bringing the coffee and donuts?"

When I heard about the "gathering" in the house that morning, it was one of the first things that made me think...what??? What in the world were they thinking????

Again, I believe Burke is going to spill the beans while away in college. A few beers and a party or two, and we will know more about what happened that night. And no, I do not think Burke was involved.

luvbeaches said:
So what about their little "tea party" and the ransom note? Did all those people "help" find the killer? If anything, had she really been kidnapped, she may have been beheaded because of this action. :snooty:

"Oh, gosh, my daughter has been kidnapped...help me, Jesus, but everyone come on over. Let's trample all over the crime scene, and possibly erase any evidence...and we don't really think that silly foreign faction will really behead our little girl...hey, who's bringing the coffee and donuts?"

When I heard about the "gathering" in the house that morning, it was one of the first things that made me think...what??? What in the world were they thinking????

Again, I believe Burke is going to spill the beans while away in college. A few beers and a party or two, and we will know more about what happened that night. And no, I do not think Burke was involved.

Excellent post luvbeaches! And to top it off John went looking for clues and lo and behold there was a strange van in the alleyway....after watching it a few minutes John came to the incredible conclusion, no way JonBenet was being held by kidnapping MONITORING foreign faction in that van, and HENCE why tell the cops...hey a strange van is in the alleyway, can you check it out?

luvbeaches said:

luvbeaches,

Burke was involved alright -- somehow. Otherwise there wouldn't have been a need for the Ramsey lies and coverup. Burke was not likely the killer, but he was involved. IMO the male DNA in JonBenet's underwear is from the killer, and Burke knows who he is.

Linda Arndt didn't need 18 bullets, the killer was at least 5 blocks away by that time.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
Burke was involved alright -- somehow. Otherwise there wouldn't have been a need for the Ramsey lies and coverup. Burke was not likely the killer, but he was involved. IMO the male DNA in JonBenet's underwear is from the killer, and Burke knows who he is.

Then why didn't the "killer" write the ransom note instead of Burke who you think did? Please post some confirmed samples of Burke's handwriting so we can all see how you arrived at that conclusion.

halycon said:
Then why didn't the "killer" write the ransom note instead of Burke who you think did? Please post some confirmed samples of Burke's handwriting so we can all see how you arrived at that conclusion.

halycon,

There are no "confirmed" samples of Burke's handwriting available to the public. I am going by the CBI's analyses of its six qualified document examiners who eliminate John as the writer, and come very close to eliminating Patsy as the writer, but who can't eliminate Burke as the writer.

However, if you go to ACR's website, she has copies of the handwriting from Burke's personal picture album. The handwriting in the captions of those photos is what Darnay Hoffman's QDE's used to determine that Patsy wrote the RN. But IMO there's one little problem with that -- Patsy didn't write the captions; Burke wrote the captions. IOW, Hoffman's examiners unknowingly proved that Burke wrote the ransom note.

JMO

luvbeaches, you said in your post #7, "The list goes on and on and on. I wonder what Patsy and John are doing these days to try and find the "real" killers? "

--------------->>>What the Ramseys do is sue sue sue, and everyone knows that catches killers right and left.

--------------->>>As for Arndt, I think just looking at JR face to face woulda scared me. BIG mistake to let the friends hang in a 'kidnap house'. If she had a roll of crime scene tape on her, along with her bullets, she shoulda roped off a tiny room and kept them in there. We have books on all topics today called "Whatever for Dummies". I sure hope someone has furnished one to BPD called, Kidnapping #101 for Dummies". The big thing that never happened was to TAKE charge of the scene, imop.

--------------->>Great Tezi, what movie u watching? Ransom? I looked for my copy and have loaned it, was going to watch it last night, to make a list of comparable things in the movie that corelated to this case.

Camper said:
Great Tezi, what movie u watching? Ransom? I looked for my copy and have loaned it, was going to watch it last night, to make a list of comparable things in the movie that corelated to this case.

Try The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie too. Notice that Miss Brodie's outfits are mostly shades of purple. And look at the portrait that Lloyd does of her, Brodie is wearing purple. Also notice how many times Brodie brings up sacrifice.

Brodie says to Sandy, "Your talent is to kill without conscience."

Sandy did it.

Oh....get out ! Brother Moon. Try writting a sequel to TPOMs Brody. :razz:

Show Me said:
Excellent post luvbeaches! And to top it off John went looking for clues and lo and behold there was a strange van in the alleyway....after watching it a few minutes John came to the incredible conclusion, no way JonBenet was being held by kidnapping MONITORING foreign faction in that van, and HENCE why tell the cops...hey a strange van is in the alleyway, can you check it out?

Ohhh...I had forgotten about the van. That was incredible. You'd think he would RUN to the officers in his home and tell them what he saw....guess not.

And remember him telling John Andrew (? can't remember his name for sure), that they found Jonbenet at 10:00, when in reality it was 1:00. I think he found the body at 10:00 when he was MIA.

BlueCrab said:
luvbeaches,

Linda Arndt didn't need 18 bullets, the killer was at least 5 blocks away by that time.

JMO

Interesting thought, and very possible. My feelings are he overheard something that night. I think in not too long, Bruke will finally crack and tell someone what happened. There's was just too much of a coverup for it to be a random intruder.

Camper said:
luvbeaches, you said in your post #7, "The list goes on and on and on. I wonder what Patsy and John are doing these days to try and find the "real" killers? "

--------------->>>What the Ramseys do is sue sue sue, and everyone knows that catches killers right and left.

--------------->>>As for Arndt, I think just looking at JR face to face woulda scared me. BIG mistake to let the friends hang in a 'kidnap house'. If she had a roll of crime scene tape on her, along with her bullets, she shoulda roped off a tiny room and kept them in there. We have books on all topics today called "Whatever for Dummies". I sure hope someone has furnished one to BPD called, Kidnapping #101 for Dummies". The big thing that never happened was to TAKE charge of the scene, imop.

The lawsuits are crazy. They are just trying to shut everyone up so they will just go away. If they really wanted to find her killer, they would get out there and DO something. Instead, they hide behind their high-paid attorneys.

I think Arndt was out of her league. She had no support from the higher-ups, and lets face it, John Ramsey was a powerful man. He surrounded himself and his family from the get-go. Why the need to lawyer-up everyone up to and including his former wife???? And I don't think it was a coincidence that they picked one of the most powerful (and politically connected) lawyers in the state. This was a carefully orchestrated event.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back