GUILTY VA - Marquis Jobes, 13, Chesterfield County, 25 Oct 2003

I live in Richmond, Virginia, and they found this 13 year old boy's body last night, behiind a Kmart. The police received a tip from someone that led them to the body. One of the news stations is reporting that the tip also identified the killer, and they expect an arrest.

School officials pulled his friends out of school so their parents could tell them, rather than have them hear it on the news. It is so sad. It does sound like they have lots of evidence at the crime scene, so that will help catch whoever did this. Whoever it was, also killed this boy's mother and her boyfriend. The boyfriend was a drug dealer, but the mom and the 13 year old boy were innocent.

cricket

Do they know the distance from the house? Keeps us posted Doyle.

Sounds like someone who was involved might have called the tip in.

http://www.dea.gov/pubs/states/newsrel/wdo042004.html

News Release
April 20, 2004

APR 20 -- A federal grand jury returned a superceding indictment today for Richard Dwight Bernard, age 35, of Jacksonville, Arkansas and Richmond, Virginia. Bernard was originally charged in November 2003, along with seven others, with conspiracy to distribute in excess of 1,000 kilograms of marijuana and with possession of firearms in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime.

In February 2004, the indictment was amended to add a charge alleging that Bernard, while engaging in the drug conspiracy, intentionally killed Anthony Rankine, Tasha Robinson, and Marquis Jobes, age 13, on October 22, 2003. In addition, the indictment charges Bernard with using a firearm during and in relation to a drug trafficking crime. Each charge involving the murders of Rankine, Robinson, and Jobes carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment and is death penalty eligible.

The guy pleaded guilty to drug crimes and in exchange charges for triple murder were dropped.

http://facstaff.law.drake.edu/david.mccord/brooklynAppendices.pdf
see page 162

Local to me. This is awful. This was a murder of an innocent child, not to mention the adults. The only bright spot is that it looks like his crimes carried a max sentence of two life sentences. I hope he got both and is never loose in society again.

As long as there is no time off for good behavior, parole, probation and he dies in prison, I won't question the deal.

I am the mother of Anthony Rankine's oldest Son and sad but true one of the murdered's gave the whole story did 12 yrs and free livin' it up in Jamaica. I raised my son to be the best man possible and to never live this kind of life I am happy to say my son is active Duty Air Force serving for his country and is the best son ever. It was the hardest "pill to swallow" to get this info. Back in 2003 I gave AG's and police the info on the white van he rented no one wanted to listen. To sit in a court room with the man that murdered ur family member and to listen what they did to Marquis, Tash and Anthony is sickening and it was a family member that did it. I wouldn't wish this on any family all I can say is everything happens for a reason and it made me a better person and mother.

As long as there is no time off for good behavior, parole, probation and he dies in prison, I won't question the deal.
One of them did 12 years that gave all the info and living a criminal life in Jamaica. Just killing people there now...what a system get deported and free!

I need brain-bleach after reading the Drake article. The human depravity described makes my heart stop.
I am the mother of Anthony's oldest son and made us all sick sitting in that court room April 2004 knowing the man got away with 3 murders and the other man did 12 years and deported....sad system we live in!

Local to me. This is awful. This was a murder of an innocent child, not to mention the adults. The only bright spot is that it looks like his crimes carried a max sentence of two life sentences. I hope he got both and is never loose in society again.
He got life plus 5 years so he will never get out but the other one did 12 years for snitching and is free doing more crime in Jamaica.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back