Construction/Workshop Ties to Murders

LINative13

Reaction score
It has been mentioned in various threads how the killer maintains a construction job or how the killer owns/rents a space in an industrial area. Lets discuss this possible option in this thread.

I will start. The robert Moses bridge construction job started in the early-mid nineties. It brought in all kinds of seasonal workers. The bridge offers a perfect place to "watch bodies rot." Construction is vamped up in summertime and slowed down in winter. These guys often goto other jobs....either in the city or wherever else they can find work.

It was suggested by some people on this thread that the killer may have some kind of work shop in an industrial area within quick reach of the abduction sights and quick access to Oak Beach via highway. We have identified several. Edison ave, heartland golf course area, the area in North Babylon close to AC's house. What else?

Im keeping a close eye on this thread. Its not going to get ruined like my Local Knowledge thread. Any accusations, namecalling, will be immediately flagged to a mod. I put alot of time into that thread....driving down to Oak Beach on my personal time to try and answer your questions, alot of money in gas, time with my girlfriend (who thinks I am nuts for even trying to help) and missed work time. Keep it civil.

Post wahtever floats your boat. As long as it is relevant and not shooting torpedoes into the bow of the thread.

Are there any large older buildings that owners rent out? Old warehouses no longer used as such? In this area there are, and usually just young kids rent them for band practice or even just to pile a bunch of them in there to sleep.

Any small apartments in an older house or old small remote houses that would be rented to one person? Some people have a second property or inherited that they do not live in and rent to a single person, while not actually ever there themselves. Never check up on it as they leave it all up to the renter. Don't mind if renter drives a truck or any sort of employment where renter is not actually in the property daily.

Another thought, any of old houses have underground cellars? Root cellar, wine cellar kind of thing, where noise and windows would not be an issue. Back entrance, and so on.

Any remote cabins with no other around them? Could even be abandoned.

Any place where truckers can pull over for solitude? Not a truck stop. Could just use the cab, no need for the long hauling part.

Another profession that might explain knowing the lay of the land and having the ability to blend in...as in not to appear out of place...
Fiber optic company vehicles...

My next project:

See when Verizon and/or RCN surveyed for and/or actually laid fiber optic cable for Jones Beach, Gilgo, OIBA, and Manorville, etc

See what other fiber optics activity occurred in the areas near the body dumps and the corresponding dates for the work.

Any volunteers?

Fluke said that the bodies were dumped on state land as opposed to state parks. Who would be responsible for the upkeep, landscaping, construction, maintenance, supervision, etc on state vs parks?

I found this but I can't get to the .pdf
From Google:
Regional Transmission System, LLC
documents.dps.ny.gov/public/Common/ViewDoc.aspx?DocRefId...
Jones Beach for approximately 14 miles along the eastern shoulder of the Wantagh ... Fiber optic cable was air-blown through the conduit, generally in longer ...

The last time I checked, there was something like 40,000 workers just in the Hauppauge Industrial Park, Cablevison employs over 14,000 workers in the field, and there are well over 150,000 Workers in the construction sector.

If those numbers are not overwhelming enough, anyone want to take a guess at how many commercial buildings there are that can contain a workshop within a 50 minute drive of Ocean Parkway???

Here's something to consider:

If there was cable/fiber optic surveying, any type of construction surveying, or utility work being done at or very near the dump sites and the same crews or a particular crew member or supervisor was present at each of the locations...then it is no longer a needle in a haystack. Someone who worked or surveyed those sites would have the best knowledge of there privacy/security.

fios was never installed along oak beach.
But was there surveying for any future projects...so far all I found was the proposed Wind Farm where fiber optic cable would run down the Wantagh, through Jones Beach and under the ocean? (Public Notice 2005)

I did find a link to ATT upgrading the 3G cell service on the Island (Jones Beach Gilgo areas) but i'm not sure what physical work was done and if so where it was done. http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2010/06/25/4871003.htm
"[June 25, 2010]

AT&T Hits the Beaches for Summer in the Northeast

MORRISTOWN, N.J., June 25, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- AT&T* today announced the completion of an initiative to increase the wireless capacity of its third generation (3G) mobile broadband network throughout popular beach destinations along the eastern seaboard, including Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland. The network enhancement includes the addition of new layers of frequency, also known as "carriers," to more efficiently manage available spectrum and increase 3G capacity at local cell sites. The result is an increased allocation of network resources for AT&T's 3G network to support ever-growing demand for mobile broadband services."

"... New York's popular Jones Beach, and in the Hamptons covering East Hampton, Bridgehampton, South Hampton and Hampton Bays are included, too. In New Jersey, shore points between Point Pleasant Beach and Long Beach Island and from Atlantic City to Cape May..."

Read more: http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2010/06/25/4871003.htm#ixzz22yC6STto

"... New York's popular Jones Beach, and in the Hamptons covering East Hampton, Bridgehampton, South Hampton and Hampton Bays are included, too.

No one lives at Jones Beach, but maybe they're thinking the theater and other attractions need fios. However, all the Hamptons listed in the quote are on the mainland, so that's irrelevant to beach communities. It's just entirely too expensive to run fios cable across the bay for the benefit of a few hundred houses in places like Oak Beach and the Fire Island towns.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back