The Coleman Murders - Michael Cuneo - One Last Kiss

who knew?

Reaction score
This book is excellent. I felt like I received a more complete story than what was reported in newspapers, etc. The information on Grace Church and Ron and Connie Coleman was eye-opening and gave me a larger perspective on their role in making Chris turn out the way he did. It was interesting to hear former members' perspectives on many aspects of this case. The actions/non-actions of Joyce Meyer Ministries were also discussed along with many who were friends of Sheri and Chris.

Some parts of the book shocked me - some made me angry - some made me sad.........

I honestly could not put the book down - I downloaded to my kindle and did not stop reading until I was finished with the book! Anyone who followed this case will enjoy the book because more background is given on many aspects of this case that were not public knowledge.

Just started today and already read over half of it. It's so weird to read a book and actually know some of the people in it. I, too, feel like it tells a more complete story. The details and background information are very interesting. It definitely has made me go through a variety of emotions.

Oh wow! I didn't even know a book came out! Is it in paperback? I bought a Kindle for Mom for Christmas, but I don't have one.

Oh wow! I didn't even know a book came out! Is it in paperback? I bought a Kindle for Mom for Christmas, but I don't have one.

Yes, the Kindle and paperback versions are available at Amazon for $7.99 each. I think I will read this. You don't have to have a Kindle to read it, I read books on my laptop with the free Cloud Reader app.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/One-Last-Kiss-Ministers-Bodyguard/dp/031253972X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344857654&sr=8-1&keywords=one+last+kiss"]Amazon.com: One Last Kiss: The True Story of a Minister's Bodyguard, His Beautiful Mistress, and a Brutal Triple Homicide (9780312539726): Michael W. Cuneo: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51j3sOTNDGL.@@AMEPARAM@@51j3sOTNDGL[/ame]

It is a great read...I read it in like a day and a half. Cuneo really fills in the gaps of the story. And he does not spare his opinion!

I bought the book and am reading it now. It is very hard to put down and even though I don't know any of the players in this story personally, I am familiar with the names since I used to live in Chester, IL.
One of the local papers had a front page story this past week about the book. The editor of the paper is from Percy, IL which is where Ron Coleman is from, and it has been obvious throughout the whole ordeal that there is bias in the reporting. I do believe the paper tries to give equality, but the personal feelings of the editor still shine through.
According to the article, Ron Coleman states that his family would get a room for Sheri's family for the funeral and Mario told him they weren't coming down. He reports that they received paperwork trying to block the funeral and that they had nothing against Sheri's family, however, it is being "painted" as they did.(in the book, I presume)
Ron Coleman states that his family was not interviewed for the book. He claims to have wanted to talk to Cuneo, but not until the trial was over. He complains that he doesn't know how the book can be a true story since Cuneo didn't speak with him. Coleman is apparently particularly hot over a direct quote in the book attributed to him, "Anybody who believes my son did this, leave my church right now!" I haven't gotten to this part of the book yet, but supposedly he made that statement in his church as things were heating up. Some members did in fact leave the congregation.
"That is lawsuit material," the Journal reports Ron Coleman as saying. According to him, he would never say anything like that. Cuneo corroborated the statement with "at least three independent people". Cuneo rebutted the accusation that he didn't get back to Coleman for interview saying that he had been told by a church secretary that if Coleman wished to speak to him, that she would call him. She never did apparently. Other family members refused interviews.
Coleman still hangs on to the idea that his son did not get a fair trial. He said that they counted it up and the defense only received 48 minutes of questioning during the trial. He stated that due to conflict of interest, the appeal will be held in Springfield or Chicago. In the Journal article, Ron Coleman said that Chris told him if he loses his appeal, he is fine with Sheri and the boys being moved closer to her family. Coleman expressed the feeling that if his son was in fact guilty, "let's face the truth and move on with our lives."
Just to give you all a rundown of what is being said locally by the media. I paraphrased to give the gist.
Tonight, I'm sure I'll stay up late once again to read more of the book.

I bought the book and am reading it now. It is very hard to put down and even though I don't know any of the players in this story personally, I am familiar with the names since I used to live in Chester, IL.
One of the local papers had a front page story this past week about the book. The editor of the paper is from Percy, IL which is where Ron Coleman is from, and it has been obvious throughout the whole ordeal that there is bias in the reporting. I do believe the paper tries to give equality, but the personal feelings of the editor still shine through.
According to the article, Ron Coleman states that his family would get a room for Sheri's family for the funeral and Mario told him they weren't coming down. He reports that they received paperwork trying to block the funeral and that they had nothing against Sheri's family, however, it is being "painted" as they did.(in the book, I presume)
Ron Coleman states that his family was not interviewed for the book. He claims to have wanted to talk to Cuneo, but not until the trial was over. He complains that he doesn't know how the book can be a true story since Cuneo didn't speak with him. Coleman is apparently particularly hot over a direct quote in the book attributed to him, "Anybody who believes my son did this, leave my church right now!" I haven't gotten to this part of the book yet, but supposedly he made that statement in his church as things were heating up. Some members did in fact leave the congregation.
"That is lawsuit material," the Journal reports Ron Coleman as saying. According to him, he would never say anything like that. Cuneo corroborated the statement with "at least three independent people". Cuneo rebutted the accusation that he didn't get back to Coleman for interview saying that he had been told by a church secretary that if Coleman wished to speak to him, that she would call him. She never did apparently. Other family members refused interviews.
Coleman still hangs on to the idea that his son did not get a fair trial. He said that they counted it up and the defense only received 48 minutes of questioning during the trial. He stated that due to conflict of interest, the appeal will be held in Springfield or Chicago. In the Journal article, Ron Coleman said that Chris told him if he loses his appeal, he is fine with Sheri and the boys being moved closer to her family. Coleman expressed the feeling that if his son was in fact guilty, "let's face the truth and move on with our lives."
Just to give you all a rundown of what is being said locally by the media. I paraphrased to give the gist.
Tonight, I'm sure I'll stay up late once again to read more of the book.

Thanks for the info! I knew the Coleman's once upon a time - had a hard time believing all this in the beginning, but within a few days, his guilt was crystal clear to me. The Coleman's seem to be living on a different plane than the majority of the population - they just can't see through their personal bias to face the truth. While that disgusts me, I have to wonder if I would be the same way if it were my children. But in all honesty, I am afraid I may have taken justice into my own hands - I couldn't face losing my grandkids - especially because of the selfish sexual behavior of their father.

After all that has happened, come to light, and been said by the Coleman's, I wonder about the people who continue to support his church. In the book, it is labeled as a "cult" - possibly all religions are to some extent. But to know everything that has come out in trial - and knowing the Coleman's reaction to the entire trial, burial disagreement, and acceptance of Chris's and Keith's behaviors - I find it hard to believe that anyone takes this church and it's pastors seriously.

Loved the book - couldn't put it down. It answered a lot of questions - things we missed in trial or that were not reported on. I don't think the Coleman's have a lawsuit - it may make them feel better to think they do, but if Cuneo verified the statement with multiple people, then Coleman has no chance. And we have to remember - this is not Cuneo's first book. He knows what he's doing - the Coleman's, on the other hand, are out of their league with this one.

Reading this book right now and Chris Coleman's parents are actually horrors of human beings. Why anyone would attend the church where Ron Coleman is the pastor is baffling to me. He isn't even a gifted speaker and he appears just as narcissistic as his son. Chris' mom is no better than the dad. She is a very smug and a mean spirited person and her face is just so annoying to look at. The whole family are a bunch of losers.

Also, the mistress is pure evil and I do not understand why she is referred to as gorgeous. Her over made up face and cave woman body are extremely unattractive. Sheri was much more beautiful than her. Tara looks dirty and is just awful. Sigh. I also don't understand why Sheri was so hell bent on staying with Chris and refused to grant him a divorce. I get that they had kids together, but at some point you have to surrender and just see the situation for what it is and that it is a toxic environment that the kids didn't need to be in.
'

Reading this book right now and Chris Coleman's parents are actually horrors of human beings. Why anyone would attend the church where Ron Coleman is the pastor is baffling to me. He isn't even a gifted speaker and he appears just as narcissistic as his son. Chris' mom is no better than the dad. She is a very smug and a mean spirited person and her face is just so annoying to look at. The whole family are a bunch of losers.

Also, the mistress is pure evil and I do not understand why she is referred to as gorgeous. Her over made up face and cave woman body are extremely unattractive. Sheri was much more beautiful than her. Tara looks dirty and is just awful. Sigh. I also don't understand why Sheri was so hell bent on staying with Chris and refused to grant him a divorce. I get that they had kids together, but at some point you have to surrender and just see the situation for what it is and that it is a toxic environment that the kids didn't need to be in.
'

even if they seemed sort of aggressive in there defense of there son - I still believe they're just as much a victim as Sheri's family. I mean losing three family members and then losing your son two weeks later has to be a terrible experience. While I have no doubts Chris is guilty - I can kind of see how someone would not want to believe it if it was there son that did it.

even if they seemed sort of aggressive in there defense of there son - I still believe they're just as much a victim as Sheri's family. I mean losing three family members and then losing your son two weeks later has to be a terrible experience. While I have no doubts Chris is guilty - I can kind of see how someone would not want to believe it if it was there son that did it.
I never heard so much trash talk in my life, you must be a real prize of a human being yourself. Chris Coleman is 100% innocent and I just found the real murderer. You will see, he will be out of prison by the end of summer and then let's see what you have to say then big mouth!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I am willing to be open-minded so would be interested in your conclusion that Chris is completely innocent. What are your thoughts regarding the can of spray paint purchased by Christopher Colman (with his name on the receipt) and the use of that spray paint in the house? Also, why would ALL the basement windows in the back of the house be unlocked for easy entry but not the windows in the front of the house where Chris knew there were cameras? As I said, willing to be open minded about your response.
I never heard so much trash talk in my life, you must be a real prize of a human being yourself. Chris Coleman is 100% innocent and I just found the real murderer. You will see, he will be out of prison by the end of summer and then let's see what you have to say then big mouth!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back