Ramsey's NE interview

Show Me

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.acandyrose.com/04032001enquirer.htm

RAMSEYS CHANGE THEIR STORY ABOUT MURDER NIGHT

By David Wright & Don Gentile

"John and Patsy Ramsey have changed the story they told cops about their daughter JonBenet's murder -- they now admit their son Burke was awake during that Christmas 1996 nightmare!

In an exclusive ENQUIRER interview, the nation's most infamous murder suspects say Burke was jolted awake by screams in their Boulder, Colo. home.

"Burke knew something horrible had happened. He heard us screaming. He heard Patsy ...a woman in terror," John confessed. "We thought he was asleep but he wasn't. Burke was awake.

"Burke was frightened. He had tears in his eyes. He knew something very, very wrong was going on."

Until being questioned by The ENQUIRER, the Ramseys had always insisted that Burke was still sleeping when police arrived at their home after Patsy's 911 call.

If John and Patsy thought Burke was asleep, how did John know Burke had tears in his eyes?

But now John has admitted to The ENQUIRER that Burke woke up before the 911 call was placed at 5:52 a.m. to summon police.

In the Ramsey's face-to-face, in-depth interview with The ENQUIRER:

* The Ramseys - who still staunchly proclaim their innocence - broke their silence about what Burke knows of the murder and revealed fears their son will explode emotionally from keeping "a lot inside."

* Even though it's almost inconceivable that John and Patsy wouldn't talk to Burke about the murder, they say they didn't find out Burke was awake the morning of the tragedy until he testified before a grand jury nearly two and a half years later!

* In chilling detail, the couple described the haunting nightmares and dreams they have about their murdered daughter.

* Patsy recently asked her dying mother to come back after her death and reveal JonBenet's murderer.

* John admits he saw the movie "Speed," which contains a key line found in the ransom note -- but claims he saw it on an airplane and didn't wear the headphones!

When the Ramseys arrived for the interview in Atlanta, oddly enough, Patsy gave an ENQUIRER reporter a hug -- then served up a dish of shamrock shaped St. Patrick's Day cookies.

In opening up about Burke for the first time, the Ramseys insisted they never once sat down with him to discuss the murder, but just said his sister "was gone...and was in heaven."

They also never told him they'd signed papers to make John's brother Burke's guardian if they were arrested.

The Ramseys were asked whether Burke, now 14, ever asked for details of JonBenet's death.

"He has never...we have never talked about anything," said Patsy, who wore a purple suit and white blouse.

John, looking weary in shirtsleeves, said they also never told Burke that they are suspects in the murder. But he revealed that an attorney he hired to represent Burke told the boy before he testified at a grand jury proceeding in May 1999.

"His attorney sat him down and said, 'Understand, they are suspicious of your parents. Do you have any questions?'"

Surprisingly, Burke said he didn't.

"He's a pretty quiet kid," said John.

John and Patsy worry that Burke is keeping things inside and they fear it will lead to an emotional blowup as an adult.

"Yeah, I worry, you betcha we do," John said with a sigh. "In fact that's one of the risks you have with a child with a traumatic experience like that.

"They keep a lot inside and they don't really start thinking about it until they get to be 40 years old and that's when it hurts."

Burke has been strangely quiet about his sister's murder, the Ramseys reveal. They say it wasn't until Burke's 1999 grand jury testimony that they found out he was awake before police arrived -- but was pretending to be asleep.

"Yeah, he testified to that. We thought he was asleep but he wasn't," said John, who had told police their son slept through the tragedy.

A source close to the case declared: "It's hard to believe that John and Patsy didn't find out until tow and a half years after the murder that Burke was awake.

"I know the reaction of the cops will be: 'Why didn't Burke tell them? Why couldn't he discuss his sister's death with them? Was it because Burke knew more than he dared to say about his parents' involvement?'

"Whatever the reason, John and Patsy have changed their story."

What a surprise.

When asked when Burke woke up, John said it was after Patsy discovered the ransom note shortly after 5:30 a.m. Then he quickly changed his answer to say Burke woke up after the 911 call.

But then John changed his story again, calling The ENQUIRER as we went to press to say that Burke was awake BEFORE the 911 call. John told us:

"Burke recalled his mother screaming, 'Where's my baby?' and me saying, 'Calm down, calm down, we need to call the police.'"

John's admission that Burke was awake came after The ENQUIRER revealed to him and Patsy the details of our earlier exclusive report that Burke's voice is heard on an enhancement made of the 911 call. The youngster says, "What did you find?" and "What do you want me to do?"

John Ramsey tells his son, "We're not talking to you."

But Patsy still insists: "When I made that phone call, burke Ramsey was nowhere in the vicinity of the telephone."

Asked what goes through her mind when she recalls the events of JonBenet's death, Patsy gave a bizarre childlike answer.

"It kind of makes my heart go pitty-pat. I mean right now, I'm feeling like, gosh, this happened to my child."

During The ENQUIRER interview, Patsy admitted she considered and rejected the possibility that John was sexually abusing JonBenet. She openly admitted that during her struggle to defeat ovarian cancer between 1993 and 1994, John and Patsy's sex life suffered. She totally rejects the notion of John abusing JonBenet, but her reasoning is odd.

She said her mother "came to take care of the kids (when I had cancer). She slept in the other bed in JonBenet's room. I mean, if John was coming in to molest JonBenet, you know that's not going to happen 'cause Grandma was right there every night."

Didn't Grandma Paugh live in Atlanta most of the year? Who protected JonBenet so it's 'not going to happen'?

The Ramseys maintain that JonBenet's bed-wetting was not a problem.

"This bed-wetting is nonsense stuff...a red herring," said John.

Patsy added, her voice rising: "When children are really tired and they don't go potty before they go to bed, sometimes they have accidents."

But the close source declared: "The investigators will never buy Patsy's claim that JonBenet's bedwetting wasn't significant.

"Right after the murder, the Ramseys' housekeeper Linda Hoffmann-Pugh told police the bed- wetting was a big problem within the family."

In discussing the ransom note, the Ramseys were reminded of an ENQUIRER exclusive that revealed police believe it was written by a killer using their opposite hand.

Patsy, who is naturally right-handed, was asked if she can write with her left hand.

"Can I write with my left hand?" she said, pondering the question. A smile crossed her face and she replied: "I can-- but not very well."

She confirmed that to get a sample of her handwriting, police made her write the ransom note "every which way."

The ENQUIRER asked if her left-handed writing was legible.

"Oh, I don't know," she said, then changed her answer, saying it wasn't legible.

That contradicts a source close to the investigation who said her left-handed printing of the note was legible.

Both John and Patsy expressed a stunning ignorance about the most notable line in the ransom note, which reads, "Don't try to grow a brain, John."

Even though references to the line have appeared in published reports many times since JonBenet's murder, they said they were totally unaware that the words are nearly an exact repeat of a line from the movie "Speed."

"Oh, is that from that movie?" asked Patsy, her eyes opening wide.

John admitted he had seen the film but insisted there's no way he could have remembered the line.

"I watched part of 'Speed' on an airline one day -- without the headphones. All I see is this bus."

Typical Ramsey answer...knows the phrase, watches the movie but......didn't hear the words. lololol

In the years since the murder, Patsy said she has been haunted by a recurring nightmare about that tragic Christmas night.

"I am in Boulder and walking the alleyways, the alleys behind our home -- and just searching and searching and searching. And you know I'll come upon a group of people standing there.

And I'll say be careful, be careful, there's someone around here that's killing people. I have that dream over and over.

"I kind of picture myself sitting up kind of toward the Flatirons (part of the Rocky Mountains overlooking Boulder) and just wondering in which house the murderer resides."

John also has recurring dreams involving JonBenet -- but not as a 6-year-old, her age at the time of her death.

"She's usually about 2 or 3 years old and I'm holding her," John said, describing the dreams as "very comforting. I wake up with a very close feeling."

Patsy revealed she talked about her daughter -- whom she called Jonnie B. -- in her last conversation with her mother Nedra Paugh, who died recently.

"You know you're going to be with Jonnie B. soon and you're gonna know everything soon," Patsy said she told Nedra. Then she added: "If anybody can come back and tell me, I know she will."

Patsy was the last person to see JonBenet alive, sleeping in her bed -- "zonked," as she put it.

She said she kissed her daughter and recited the prayer, "Now I lay me down to sleep." But she can't remember if there was a blanket on the bed, or if it was the one JonBenet was wrapped in when her body was found in a windowless basement room the next day.

Pressed for further details of that night, Patsy responded like a woman who has had lawyers in her life for too many years: "It was 4 1/2 years ago. I have not rehearsed or reread my previous statements."

In closing, Patsy said she "would love nothing more from The National ENQUIRER than to say "The ENQUIRER finds the killer.'" And if that happened, she added "I'll be your poster for for the rest of my life."

Promise Patsy?

Thank you ACR for your incredible website!

Was this interview a part of a settlement, or do we know? I always found it odd that the Ramseys would just give The Enquirer a real interview out of the goodness of their hearts...

Nehemiah said:
Was this interview a part of a settlement, or do we know? I always found it odd that the Ramseys would just give The Enquirer a real interview out of the goodness of their hearts...

I believe it was part of the settlement.

Patsy regressing to a juvenile persona? Yes!

Patsy expecting to talk with the dead? Yes!

Patsy revealing her dreams? Yes!

All this stuff fits with my theory that she is psychotic.

Where does the killer reside? In dreams, houses are the psyche. The killer resides in a part of Patsy's psyche. Patsy wants to see who the killer is. Patsy is curious about herself. I've said it before.

Given time Patsy will spill beans.

BrotherMoon said:
Patsy likes purple, doesn't she?
Yep she interwove the purple ribbon onto a christmas tree.

And you know I'll come upon a group of people standing there.And I'll say be careful, be careful, there's someone around here that's killing people. I have that dream over and over.

Yeah, I believe Patsy's having a guilt ridden dream. Could it be all the people in the dream, are the ones Patsy accused of killing her daughter? Funny, Patsy didn't see any children in the dream, only adults.

Brother Moon said in his post #9 here:
" Given time Patsy will spill beans"

---------------------->ISP had enough interviews to spill his beans. PR could speed up the bean process if she would have a legitimate polygraph test, and have a revelationary break through.

<<John and Patsy worry that Burke is keeping things inside and they fear it will lead to an emotional blowup as an adult.

"Yeah, I worry, you betcha we do," John said with a sigh. "In fact that's one of the risks you have with a child with a traumatic experience like that.

"They keep a lot inside and they don't really start thinking about it until they get to be 40 years old and that's when it hurts.">>

Did this statement strike anyone funny? Didn't Patsy turn 40 about the time of the murder?

Camper said:
Brother Moon said in his post #9 here:
" Given time Patsy will spill beans"

---------------------->ISP had enough interviews to spill his beans. PR could speed up the bean process if she would have a legitimate polygraph test, and have a revelationary break through.

I don't look for that to happen anytime soon.

twinkiesmom said:
<<John and Patsy worry that Burke is keeping things inside and they fear it will lead to an emotional blowup as an adult.

"They keep a lot inside and they don't really start thinking about it until they get to be 40 years old and that's when it hurts.">>

Did this statement strike anyone funny? Didn't Patsy turn 40 about the time of the murder?

Yep...and the fact they barely discussed his sister's murder.

twinkiesmom said:

I think Patsy's 40th was one of the major stress factors that led to her psychosis and the death of JonBenet.

BrotherMoon said:
I think Patsy's 40th was one of the major stress factors that led to her psychosis and the death of JonBenet.

The type Psychosis that Killed JonBenet didn't include a mother who turns 40 and goes DID--- adds Sex fiend to the mix and does the deed. The theory you proclaim is laughable Brother.

I think turning 40 helped set Patsy off. She was losing her looks and as an ex beauty queen with a mother like Nedra...you know the one who cautioned women on what they ate, 'cause they might gain weight and not be as appealing to men.

I think Patsy was feeling the pressure of turning 40 and losing her beauty and youth, and when women are taught to rely on their beauty and youth they are doomed.

Patsy was pushing JonBenet into more and more pageants and performances, French lessons, violin lessons, dance... not to mention hours of costume fittings, photography, hair and makeup. It's as though Patsy was determined to relive her youth through JonBenet.

Show Me said:
I think turning 40 helped set Patsy off. She was losing her looks and as an ex beauty queen with a mother like Nedra...you know the one who cautioned women on what they ate, 'cause they might gain weight and not be as appealing to men.

I think Patsy was feeling the pressure of turning 40 and losing her beauty and youth, and when women are taught to rely on their beauty and youth they are doomed.

Patsy was pushing JonBenet into more and more pageants and performances, French lessons, violin lessons, dance... not to mention hours of costume fittings, photography, hair and makeup. It's as though Patsy was determined to relive her youth through JonBenet.

I just can't except that Show Me, I take it that your a Patsy did it theorist.

There isn't nothing wrong with Pageants. Have your ever been in one?

JonBenet enjoyed the Pageant life. Patsy enjoyed the pageant life. Patsy had been very ill , I think it was a good out for both of them.

I come more thinking Burke did it than John or Patsy.

When I turned 30 I thought the world was OVER!!!!

40th birthday was not a problem.

Pageants, well I bin inem as a purty girl/female. When you lose as an adult, it wears you out, like one of them machines that suck the air outta the bag you store your winter sweater in.

A little girl like JonBenet was a winner cuz she was cute and had outfits that would put a Queen's wardrobe to shame, and a mother who had been there and done that. I really doubt that most mothers of little girls in pageants had ever been in a 'Beauty Battle/Contest' themselves before.

I can only imagine the look of horror on a normal 'MOM'S' face when JonBenet came out in her $$$$$$$OUTFITS$$$$$$$, how did the old song go, "Its Over", Roy Orbison sang it.

A little girl who does not win, who understands the 'WIN' concept, would be torn up pretty good imop.

I feel certain that JonBenet enjoyed winning, and probably did not think about the 'WHY' she was winning was due in large part to her 'CLOTHING' that helped her sell her presentation to the 'Judge's'. You all heard the saying that 'clothes make the man' - well that works whoever you are and whoever is judging you just by observing, OR OR OR if they are marking a judging card in a beauty contest, or a little girls pageant.

Yep, there were two people in each presentation, JonBenet and HER mom.

How did you like that one Brother Moon, you ever bin in a purty contest?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back