NC NC - Joshua Davis, 16, Garner, 6 Jan 2004

Lili

My opinion only.
Reaction score
I just received this email from one of my genealogy cousins. Her grandson was killed one year ago and the case is still unsolved.

"GARNER, N.C. -- Nearly a year after the death of Josh Davis, his case is still unsolved, but on what would have been his 17th birthday, his family is still determined to find out what happened."

Please read more at the link below. Additional links are at the bottom of the page.
http://www.wral.com/news/4030281/detail.html

From January 2004:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/108357/

Police found Joshua Davis, 16, lying along the side of the 1400 block of Hall Boulevard just after 7 p.m. Tuesday. The call initially came in to police as a traffic accident, but when officers arrived, they quickly determined Davis had suffered blunt force trauma to the head.

Police said the teen had been walking down the dark wooded road near the Tiffany Woods neighborhood with his cousin.

"From what we gather, he was separated from his cousin for just a matter of minutes while they were walking on foot to another residence when his cousin came back, [Davis] was lying on the ground," Blum said. "The evidence doesn't indicate there was a traffic accident of any kind or traffic crash of any kind."

From November 2014:

http://www.wral.com/nc-wanted-family-determined-to-find-out-what-happened-to-josh-davis/14140042/

Nearly 11 years after the death of Josh Davis, his case is still unsolved, but on what would have been his 27th birthday, his family is still determined to find out what happened.

The death of a 16-year-old devastated his family and baffled law enforcement in Wake County, but 14 years after Josh Davis’ death, they are no closer to finding out how he died or why.

Judy Creech of Garner is lamenting another Mother’s Day without her son.

“I’m supposed to celebrate with three children, not with two. I really want the day to get here and get over with,” Creech said.

Davis died in January 2004. Garner police said he and a friend had just left his mother’s house and were walking along Hall Boulevard at about 7 p.m. to get to Davis’ father’s home in the same neighborhood.

“I kissed my son goodbye at 6:45 p.m. By 7:05 p.m. he was dead,” Creech said.

Davis’ friend said he ran back to Creech’s house to get a CD and a shirt. When he returned, Davis was lying on the side of the road, dead from a blow to the head.

Police ruled out the friend as a suspect. They believe Davis was hit by a vehicle that kept going.

After 14 years, Davis’ family still doesn’t know what led to his death.

“I wish I would have just held him in my arms, held him warm and soft instead of hard and cold in a casket,” Creech said.

Anybody with information about Davis’ death should call 1-866-439-2683.

NC Wanted: Family left without answers in teen's death after 14 years of investigation :: WRAL.com

Native to this town and having never heard it covered on any show or podcast, blog, anywhere, I decided maybe I should be the one to bring this case to the light. BUT..there is very little information out there. Even in the public records from the PD..literally almost nothing. My next steps would be contacting the family..just wanted to put this on here incase anyone is still paying attention. This case is still unsolved. Someone got away with murder and Josh and his family deserve justice. If anyone knows anything or wants to talk (even anonymously) please message me. This is the first time I've ever investigated anything, being as I am not law enforcement or affiliated in any way. Just a crime junkie trying to get this information out to the public in hopes that somebody says something. Because somebody, most likely somebodies, know something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back