The Search Warrants: discuss property searches here

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Use this thread to discuss property searches from the list of search warrants in the discovery document. Refer to addresses and business names, but use initials to indicate the owners.

PDF Document Released August 3, 2012

the house on leger that is there on the google map isn't the same as the one listed on Zillow. Please tell me we don't have another burned down house? The zillow house looks new. There must be more than one house on teh property?? It's 1.5 acres.

the house on leger that is there on the google map isn't the same as the one listed on Zillow. Please tell me we don't have another burned down house? The zillow house looks new. There must be more than one house on teh property?? It's 1.5 acres.

Looks to me like there are 2 or 3 houses there on the google map

i see some down the street, but only one on the spot "tacked" by google??

I see a house with a pool, a building with a blue roof and another with a white roof...the spot 'tacked' by google is the building with the blue roof...it is AFG Excavating and Dirt Service.

I see a house with a pool, a building with a blue roof and another with a white roof...the spot 'tacked' by google is the building with the blue roof...it is AFG Excavating and Dirt Service.

ohhhh. ok. yes. you are looking at the address 1327 leger road, the excavating business.

they also issued a warrant for a dumpster that was "previously located" at 1235 Leger Road. that's the one that has a house that looks different from the one on zillow. but that doesn't really matter now that i see it was for the dumpster, not the house. at first i thought it was for the house :crosseyed:

Are you looking up one address or both? When I looked, one address showed a home for sale by owner with two small dogs in the yard. The other address (for the bussiness) did not have a photo of the property.

Are you looking up one address or both? When I looked, one address showed a home for sale by owner with two small dogs in the yard. The other address (for the bussiness) did not have a photo of the property.

link to both
http://goo.gl/maps/hH1Lx

the house is A and the business is B. but the house is not the same house as the zilllow house with 2 dogs. it was the dumpster on that property that they got a warrant for, however. not the house.

I don't know how it works in La., but in my previous state of residence, a consent to search was almost seen as routine if one did not have something to hide. For example, a girl vanished from a night club, and LE interviewed those who were last seen with her. It wasn't unusual for LE to ask whether they could peek in a purse, in the car, etc. Often used to rule out individuals as a suspect ir POI. Most people were happy to comply, bc they shift could focus elsewhere.

here's AFG Excavation at 1235 Leger
http://goo.gl/maps/ZXLvE

But that's Crowley. I thought the document stated the dumpster was at 1235 Leger Rd in Church Point? There was another Leger Rd address in Crowley but it was a house I think. Can't find Leger Rd in Church Point though. When I search on the map it only comes up with Leger Alley behind Guidry's funeral home?? I will go try to check it out this weekend. Am I missing something here, or can someone clear up my confusion?

But that's Crowley. I thought the document stated the dumpster was at 1235 Leger Rd in Church Point? There was another Leger Rd address in Crowley but it was a house I think. Can't find Leger Rd in Church Point though. When I search on the map it only comes up with Leger Alley behind Guidry's funeral home?? I will go try to check it out this weekend. Am I missing something here, or can someone clear up my confusion?

I noticed that too!!! However it did make me wonder if he thought he'd be clever and dispose of things in the funeral home dumspter!!!!!

:welcome5:

Glad to have you posting and welcome MissKJN. Good first post.

I am so confused about what is located in Crowley, Church Point, Eunice and the other rural locations in this case. I've looked at maps but have not been able to clearly understand what is what or where is there.... LOL.

Has a local already posted a map clarifying key locations in this case as to the different little towns (or rather that has that town as address)? Please direct me to that post if it exists. I'm not in the know on making keyed maps, so am not much help in this task. Just thought I would ask in light of all the new addresses included in the recently released document.

I am interested in finding out about the search warrent for the house listed @ 247 Ridgewood. this street is located off of souviner gate which is in the area near MS last sighting.

I am interested in finding out about the search warrent for the house listed @ 247 Ridgewood. this street is located off of souviner gate which is in the area near MS last sighting.

I noticed that and even did a Spokeo check on the address. Elderly people are listed as living there.

All search warrants were named in the document, even if they were cleared. If you look in the list of search warrants, they searched a white pick up truck belonging to a female. My best guess would be this vehicle was at one time a VOI and was cleared. Maybe that address is the residence of one of the people whose vehicles were searched and cleared in the very beginning?

Just a hunch, but it makes a little sense to me.

I'm curious about what the dark squares are on the road in front of this location. Are these speed bumps? Or where they are doing road repair? They don't look like the same items in GA.

http://goo.gl/maps/2zEDV

Nevermind... when you scan up I see the sign.... Speed Lump. Never heard of them called Lumps - learn something new every day.
FWIW sometimes they're called "speed humps" here.

I'm curious about what the dark squares are on the road in front of this location. Are these speed bumps? Or where they are doing road repair? They don't look like the same items in GA.

http://goo.gl/maps/2zEDV

Nevermind... when you scan up I see the sign.... Speed Lump. Never heard of them called Lumps - learn something new every day.

speed lumps are different in that there are separations between the sections that allow for emergency vehicles, such as fire trucks, to pass over them without slowing down, because of their wider axles. the sections of the "lump" are wide enough that passenger vehicles have to pass over at least a portion of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back