Tracking BSL's Vehicles

whatsthatnoise

Reaction score
The reference to a tracking device on suspect's truck would refer to original truck or replacement truck? Some of you keep up with dates better than I do. TIA

The reference to a tracking device on suspect's truck would refer to original truck or replacement truck? Some of you keep up with dates better than I do. TIA

I think it was the replacement truck. It was put on his truck in Plaquemines Parish while he was working offshore.

now that we know his onstar records from east baton rouge parish are into play, i keep thinking about the poster in the last thread that kept saying somewhere by the bleachers by lsu needed to be searched.... does anyone remember that?

now that we know his onstar records from east baton rouge parish are into play, i keep thinking about the poster in the last thread that kept saying somewhere by the bleachers by lsu needed to be searched.... does anyone remember that?

Do we know when or how long he was in EBR? He could have been passing through on his way to New Orleans.

hi! i'm new, but i remember seeing this...but the person who posted it also referred to reinhardt drive, so i think maybe they might have just confused lsu with ull. i don't know how to quote a post from another thread, but it was post #1162 in thread #39.

Do we know when or how long he was in EBR? He could have been passing through on his way to New Orleans.

i dont think it has ever been mentioned before. sure, i thought about his route to new orleans that he would go that way. but it never dawned on me that he would be around these parts too. several times people have brought up the abandoned pier/building by the mississippi. you can see it as you pass over the bridge, on the baton rouge side. closer to lsu. then, another poster mentioned several times around lsu and bleachers or something to that extent. i tried to search previous threads but didnt come up with any matches. ive been to the pier several times. lots of highschool graduates take senior pics there. its creepy. i am free this afternoon and i have no problem going snoop around and take pics for yall. i just wish i could find the previous post so i dont go in vain. :waitasec:

ClaireT., thanks for your article - it included comprehensive information.

Question for you (or anyone else that knows the answer)...... Re: the tracking on the trucks. We see LE got warrants for placing tracking on the original DWT and for the replacement DWT. Is it known whether tracking was actually put on the original DWT and if so... the date that may have happened?

I believe the Onstar warrant is for the original truck, and the tracking device for the second so they could nab him and know if he attempted to leave the state.

Kind of an off the wall question, but has anyone ever seen a tracking device like LE would put on a vehicle? I am sure LE doesnt put a note on the windshield that says "hey, we're tracking you", but if a suspect were to look for one, would it be terribly difficult to find? If I am not mistaken, in the Sierra LaMar case, Antolin Garcia's mom said that he knew that one had been placed on his car. I think the fact that he apparently was looking for one speaks volumes, btw. Anyway, was BSL so cocky as to not even check his vehicle for one, or are they really that difficult to spot? And yes, I would assume they would be placed on the underside of a vehicle, but as a mechanic, I would think he would recognize something that didnt belong there if he bothered to look.

I believe the Onstar warrant is for the original truck, and the tracking device for the second so they could nab him and know if he attempted to leave the state.

Thanks De2385, you are correct as stated; thanks for helping me see the clarification.

It's my opinion that BSL left some techno foot prints and LE has that information. Then, this other little voice keeps saying to me.... then why has MS not been located yet?

Welcome to KinseyWannabe! Glad to have you posting with us now.

It's nice to see 3 newbees come onboard this afternoon/evening. :woohoo:

So he tells the officer at the hospital in NO that he drove around awhile trying to find a hospital. BSL stated this because his wounds were probably noticeably not fresh so he needed an excuse to delay fresh wounds not being seen. He also was hoping to lay a foundation for an alibi, and one last thing, he stated his GPS was malfunctioning...he stated this in case LE can link him to anything with the GPS, his defense will try to say the GPS is wrong because it wasn't working right. OVEY!

I think it's probably pretty easy to figure out if a GPS does not work.

Ten minutes in a car will answer that.

I think it's probably pretty easy to figure out if a GPS does not work.

Ten minutes in a car will answer that.

True but that vehicle was torched, preventing anyone from being able to spend ten minutes in it.

Kind of an off the wall question, but has anyone ever seen a tracking device like LE would put on a vehicle? I am sure LE doesnt put a note on the windshield that says "hey, we're tracking you", but if a suspect were to look for one, would it be terribly difficult to find? .... Anyway, was BSL so cocky as to not even check his vehicle for one, or are they really that difficult to spot? And yes, I would assume they would be placed on the underside of a vehicle, but as a mechanic, I would think he would recognize something that didnt belong there if he bothered to look.

Sniped & BBM
There are several types of tracking devices; they can range in size from about the size of a pager up to size of an old 8 track tape. If you want to go high dollar, they can be smaller than a bic lighter. It would be difficult for BSL to "check for a tracker" each time he got back in his truck (night or day). I'm thinking he would not have been looking closely for a tracker. The real techie savvy person may have some sort of device that could detect the electronic tracker device, but I am not thinking he is that smart.

True but that vehicle was torched, preventing anyone from being able to spend ten minutes in it.

Somehow, somewhere, deep in some thread --- I swear I read that the g/friend said someone had the GPS -- maybe her. I am almost positive I read that he took the GPS out of the truck before he torched it. (Which I would have as I have a lot of addresses set on my GPS and if I was going to burn my hoop-tee -- I would take out the GPS before I burned it and save it for my second hoop-tee -(Or DWT in this case.)

But.....in my humble opinion ONLY.....information from your personal GPS could be recoverable.....if'n....you knowed somebody somewheres.

You know...those folks...who mess with your GPS...when you are driving over a bridge...and you get to the very top....and your GPS says "turn right here"........those guys....who are just pulling your leg...having had too much tequila last night......fred and ted......but....they also....can track you.....and also.....read where you have been. a la....Enemy of the State. But I am just....a Conspiracy theorist.....so pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.......

Kind of an off the wall question, but has anyone ever seen a tracking device like LE would put on a vehicle? I am sure LE doesnt put a note on the windshield that says "hey, we're tracking you", but if a suspect were to look for one, would it be terribly difficult to find? If I am not mistaken, in the Sierra LaMar case, Antolin Garcia's mom said that he knew that one had been placed on his car. I think the fact that he apparently was looking for one speaks volumes, btw. Anyway, was BSL so cocky as to not even check his vehicle for one, or are they really that difficult to spot? And yes, I would assume they would be placed on the underside of a vehicle, but as a mechanic, I would think he would recognize something that didnt belong there if he bothered to look.
It may look like this .
images

The T Trac XS portable gps tracker provides reliable information and a long battery life. Widely used by law enforcement, this gps vehicle locator can be used for covert vehicle tracking. The T Trac XS GPS personal tracking device is probably the most widely used portable tracking device used by law enforcement and private investigators.
I would imagine if BSL would have put his truck on a lift and looked good, he would have found it. A quick look under the rear bumper would not be good enough in my opinion.

http://www.the-portable-gps.com/portable-gps-tracker.html

I'm sure it is. Thanks! I was stuck thinking on some 'youth center' that made no sense at all.

I must be tired. For those who don't know, Eunice LA is close to where BSL lived. It just jumped at me when I saw JRYC cause I used to go to Eunice often many years ago and passed the place many times. I can't see the initials being for any other place of business. And the DB reference I made wasn't listed as a statement from this person, but as a "permission to search" and its listed twice so does that mean they searched twice or this was possibly a typo. I wonder if he tried to get the truck repaired then decided his best bet would be to torch it.

John R Young Chevrolet is in Eunice. A car dealership. That's all I got as my best guess. Also there is a person's statement they have for "Dw B". This person works at/owns a body shop in same area. I hope its ok to list this name, as its on the court document for all to see.
I snipped the name to initials in your post. It's true the names are listed in the documents. We still want to respect their privacy. It's a google world, and it's not fair to a person who might have only encountered BSL in a passive way to have his name forever linked with a murder investigation.

I snipped the name to initials in your post. It's true the names are listed in the documents. We still want to respect their privacy. It's a google world, and it's not fair to a person who might have only encountered BSL in a passive way to have his name forever linked with a murder investigation.

Thanks for clarifying. Is is okay that I listed the name of the car dealership? Still learning the rules.

I must be tired. For those who don't know, Eunice LA is close to where BSL lived. It just jumped at me when I saw JRYC cause I used to go to Eunice often many years ago and passed the place many times. I can't see the initials being for any other place of business. And the DB reference I made wasn't listed as a statement from this person, but as a "permission to search" and its listed twice so does that mean they searched twice or this was possibly a typo. I wonder if he tried to get the truck repaired then decided his best bet would be to torch it.

That makes sense. The pictures had not been released yet on May 24th and he wasn't shopping for the new truck yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back