Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhapsdy

Reaction score
Mickey Shunick's Body Found

TV10 has confirmed that the body of Mickey Shunick had been found in Evangeline Parish. We're working to get you the latest information. We have multiple crews on the story.

Join us at 5:00 PM for full updates.

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

Now it is unconfirmed on the other thread...a man's body was found...?

Bittersweet.

Rest in peace, beautiful angel.

There's some confusion regarding this. KLFY is saying they have confirmed that the body is Mickey's. On their Facebook post, KATC is saying that the body is that of a male.

I'm trying to get a hold of my friend to find out which is the real deal, but I'm not getting an answer. Dangit! :banghead:

Okay, something's up somewhere. KATC has posted this on Facebook:

KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
The Lafayette Police Department is currently conducting a search of property outside of Lafayette Parish in connection with the Mickey Shunick investigation. The location and findings at that site are not being released at this time. More information will be forthcoming.

There's some confusion regarding this. KLFY is saying they have confirmed that the body is Mickey's. On their Facebook post, KATC is saying that the body is that of a male.

I'm trying to get a hold of my friend to find out which is the real deal, but I'm not getting an answer. Dangit! :banghead:

Thanks for doing that. It is confusing.

It's possible that two bodies have been found; it's also possible that LE fears the repercussions of not having first notified the family before confirming, so they're inventing this "found body of a man" story.

And, of course, it's also possible that KLFY simply jumped the gun...though I wouldn't think they'd do so in such a high-viz story. Stranger things have happened, though.

I think KATC wants to be absolutely certain before looking like idiots. They were already reprimanded once by Charlene S. for jumping the gun on posting news releases about Mickey before the family was properly notified. However, KLFY is confirming that it's Mickey. We shall see. We knew this day would come, but it's still so sad...

A posting from Fox 15 facebook https://www.facebook.com/Fox15TV

Fox 15
Just in from Lafayette Police Department: Lafayette, LA – The Lafayette Police Department is currently conducting a search of property outside of Lafayette Parish in connection with the Mickey Shunick investigation. The location and findings at that site are not being released at this time. More information will be forthcoming

Thanks for doing that. It is confusing.

It's nothing. What media outlets aren't releasing, CajunNet can find.

However, in this case, where's there's smoke in several media outlets, there's one heck of a fire. Today, it seems to be in Evangeline Parish. Evangeline Parish consists of Ville Platte, Mamou, Pine Prairie, Chataigner and all those other fine, far-flung places.

I think KATC wants to be absolutely certain before looking like idiots. They were already reprimanded once by Charlene S. for jumping the gun on posting news releases about Mickey before the family was properly notified. However, KLFY is confirming that it's Mickey. We shall see. We knew this day would come, but it's still so sad...

As far as I can see, the Shunicks haven't posted anything on their FMSN page. At this point, though, I would expect neither denial or confirmation from the family until they get more information from law enforcement. Even rumors of this nature can be devastating.

I think the family of Mickey wants to control when and what news about her is released. Seems this has happened before. Something is verified then the family says no, they haven't heard about it. Wait a while and then they will confirm the news...if any.

As per KATC:

KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
7 minutes ago
Law enforcement sources tell KATC a body was found in a private cemetery on LA 10 heading toward Oakdale in Evangeline Parish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth