GUILTY DE - Dr. Melvin Morse for waterboarding 11yo daughter, Sussex, 12 July 2012

Not to mention this dude is a pediatrician????

Jerk. How kind of him to recognize the 5 year old sibling of victim was "too young" for this treatment <sarcasm alert>

Her five-year-old sister was also interviewed and said that, although she witnessed the abuse to her sister, she was never targeted 'because she is too young for it', The News Journal reported.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ishment-mother-did-stop-it.html#ixzz234Rxe7aR

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/...ed-waterboarding-daughter-11?odyssey=nav|head

Melvin Morse, the co-author of a book about the near-death experiences of children and was employed at a private pediatric practice in Milton, Del., was charged last month with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child and third-degree assault.

the above makes me wonder if daddy dearest was attempting to push his daughter into a near death experience as "research" for his book on children's near death experiences. The other man charged was coauthor and his charges imply at least some knowledge of what was going on in the Morse household and failed to report or intervene.

tlcox, I have the same thoughts you do. It's very disturbing but sadly will turn out to be true. IMO.

This case horrified me on many levels.... obviously the fact he did this to his daughter, but also the fact that he is a Pediatrician!!!! He took an oath to do no harm!!! UGGHH!!!!! My radar also went into the stratosphere when I heard he was an expert on near death experiences of children, and he is waterboarding his daughter. It screams of an "experiment" on one level, but it can also be ramped up to a sick psychosis that was just fascinated with dying children.... I hate to say this, but I want the cases of dying children that this doctor has been involved with investigated.... KWIM? :banghead:

:mad: I just read about this monster. Thank goodness his daughter escaped and told on him.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1239757--doctor-accused-of-waterboarding-daughter-11

Yes, what a brave little girl. Hopefully she and her sister will never have to return home to him. I can't see how that would happen though. Seems like kids in lots of worse situations are returned to their monsters.

Was the wife their mother or step mother? I don't see that anywhere.

This case was stuck in my mind last night I honestly feel that Morse's research into children's near death experiences awoke some sort of monstrous need for him. A hunger to feel the power of holding life and death in his hands. A sick, twisted need hold a child's very life in his hands while looking upon their panicked face as they struggle to live.

Writing about a child inches from death became not enough, he needed to experience, nay, control that moment.

Sick Sick Sick man.

Thank goodness this child is alive.

A Delaware pediatrician who researches near-death experiences involving children may have been experimenting on his 11-year-old stepdaughter by waterboarding her, police said in court documents.
The possible link between Dr. Melvin Morse's research and the waterboarding allegations was revealed in an affidavit for a search warrant for Morse's computers.
According to the affidavit, Dr. Melvin Morse brought the girl 'to a possible near death state from the simulation of drowning.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ens-near-death-experiences.html#ixzz23d2Pccck

Records show troubles for &#8217;waterboarding&#8217; doctor

(AP) DOVER, Del. - To many people, Dr. Melvin Morse was a brilliant pediatrician at a renowned children&#8217;s hospital and a best-selling author who parlayed his research on near-death experiences into appearances on "Larry King Live" and "The Oprah Winfrey Show."
Away from the spotlight, however, Morse was tormented by personal and financial problems and, according to court records, wrestled with depression, substance abuse and even suicidal thoughts. His latest trouble involves allegations of waterboarding his 11-year-old stepdaughter, using the simulated drowning technique to bring her to "a possible near-death state," police have said.
Based on his work involving children&#8217;s near-death experiences, police suggested he may have been experimenting on her.

Read more:
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2722809.shtml?cat=10036

If anyone comes across the affidavit, can you post it here? I'm looking and not having much success. TIA!

http://bostonglobe.com/news/nation/...tepdaughter/ITHuiJhRvlw32B2wSEVrsJ/story.html

(snip)
The possible link between Dr. Melvin Morse&#8217;s research and the waterboarding allegations was revealed in an affidavit for a search warrant for Morse&#8217;s computers. The document was obtained Tuesday by The Associated Press.
According to the affidavit, Dr. Melvin Morse brought the girl &#8216;&#8216;to a possible near-death state from the simulation of drowning.&#8217;&#8217;
&#8216;&#8216;This &#8216;waterboarding&#8217; that he has performed . . . would fall into the area of study he practices,&#8217;&#8217; police said in the affidavit. &#8216;&#8216;It is logical that he has therefore written about and/or researched the topic of &#8216;waterboarding.&#8217;&#8217;&#8217;

The other night while driving in my car CBC radio had a segment on one of their shows where they replayed an old interview (originally aired back in 1991 I believe they said) of theirs with Dr. Morse. I didn't have the chance to listen to the entire segment, but what I did hear was very creepy.

[Paraphrasing very loosely] He said that children experienced a more pure and vivid near-death experience as they weren't saddled with all of the baggage and fears about death that adults develop over time in our society. He made it sound like it was a wonderful thing for children to experience. Unfortunately I can't adequately relay the exact words and tone, but it made me feel very unsettled.

I had hoped to find the segment online (CBS posts many podcasts of their radio shows), but I couldn't locate it tonight. I thought it would have been on Tuesday night just before or around 7:00 p.m. that I originally heard it broadcast, but I might be mistaken on which night I heard it. If anyone else can find it could you post a link here please. TIA

All of his research should be yanked imo. Fruit of a poisoned tree.

Wow. I remember hearing about this case when it happened. Sussex County is the lesser populated lower third of the state. The pediatrician, Bradley, that molested all those children is from Sussex County as well.

This is horrible. He needs to go away for a long long time. Juries here in Delaware seem to be very intolerant of adults that abuse kids. Thanks for posting about this case.

Morse has Joe Hurley as an attorney who is excellent. How can Morse afford Joe Hurley?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back