VA VA - Aron Silverman, 17, Norfolk, 5 June 1993

Angie4b1g

Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/cases/516dmva.html

What do you think of this fellow? Has he been suggested?

ASilverman.jpg

Last seen in VA in 1993. So, 2 years before Jason was found, but the same state.

5'10" 130lbs, so a bit bigger than the estimations, which is neither unheard of nor inconceivable given the 2 year gap since DLC.

Would have been 19 at the time.

Says on his page he was a drug addict and was known to disappear for long periods of time. Having lived with a mother like this, I can totally picture her being gone for 2 years and living a life that no one knew about and no one heard from her.

Thoughts?

hmm, he's on the exclusions list on NamUs.

Wonder on what grounds they ruled him out.

Particularly as I had understood him to have red hair, but they are now calling it "brown or dark blonde" and the new reconstruction of him has blonde.

The blue vs. brown eyes are a problem, though.

I've raised his name a time or two, but he's been ruled out. There is an old newspaper article in which Aron's father said something to the effect that he wouldn't be surprised if Aron ran off to follow the Grateful Dead.

I posted about Aron on Jan. 12, 2006 (post #102). The same day, Paradise responded that Silverman had already been ruled out by doenetwork.

I figured someone else had suggested him. Other than the eye color, it seems like an obvious match. Maybe they should revisit that 'ruled out' list. Not even necessarily for this guy, but just in general. That new reconstruction is so different from the previous ones that it just makes me wonder on what grounds all those guys were ruled out.

Just to correct my earlier post, it was actually Aron's mother who commented that she wouldn't be surprised if he had run off to follow the Grateful Dead.
I believe someone added some information to the effect that the circumstances of Aron's disappearance indicated a likelihood of either drowning or foul play. I don't remember the details.
To me, Aron Silverman and Philip Koss have both seemed like good candidates.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/silverman_aron.html

http://www.nampn.org/cases/silverman_aron.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/1787

http://doenetwork.org/cases/516dmva.html

Date Of Birth: March 19, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10; 130 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blond hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: He has many brown moles on his body.
Clothing/Jewelry: White t-shirt and faded jeans. Black Converse tennis shoes. A coral necklace

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Aron was last seen leaving a party with a female companion, and has not been seen since. At the time, Aron did not get along well with his parents and used drugs. He wasn't reported missing until a couple of weeks after he was last seen.
He didn't take anything with him. No jeans, no underwear, no toothbrush. Not his beloved guitar, nor his favorite fishing rod. He didn't tell anyone he was leaving. His friends last saw him in late June 1993.

Aron was last seen wearing a coral necklace that was given to him from a girl who was a freelance go-go dancer. He had told her that he and his friend had a boat, and he was wanting to take her out on it. Aron and the girl left the party together.

When Aron didn't show up at home the next day, everyone figured he'd spent the night with the girl or crashed with friends. It wasn't unusual for him to be gone for days at a time. When he hadn't returned in more than a week his father reported Aron missing to the Norfolk police. Since there was no evidence of foul play, he was listed as a runaway.

Yeah, what a handsome young man he was. I would have had a crush on Aron too, for sure.

It's strange they never identified that girl. I think he's deceased sadly. If not in the night of his disappearance, maybe in the days after..

I think that there is a good chance that he might be hidden but it also seems likely that he might have tried to run away at first and it might have turned into other things. I wonder if he had a history of getting drunk and using drugs if he seriously hurt himself when he was under the influence of something. Either way, this seems very odd.

Maybe the go-go dancer is missing, too, and no one realizes both disappearances are related?
There were 3 or 4 couples that went missing prior to his disappearance. Supposedly the killings stopped in 1989 but it wasn't because they caught the suspect (s).
There's a chance none of those murders are related*, but since they're unsolved, who knows?

I'm referring to the couples, not Aron or the go-go dancer.*

NamUs UP ID #15006
Found on 04/06/16.
It was added in NamUs on 04/21/16
Recently found in MO.
No estimate as to the TOD.
DNA and dental pending.
No other clothing or physical characteristics listed.
Not much of anything listed, really. Maybe they will add some updates.
Very low probability of identification listed.
The only thing found with the remains was a puka shell necklace with a shark's tooth pendant. I'm wondering if those could be mistaken for coral by the person who gave the description?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Shell necklace.jpg
    Shell necklace.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 64

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads