Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Court Date: 08/13/2012 Court Time:11:00 Room:227
Court Location: COURTHOUSE EAST, 111 N. CALVERT ST., BALTIMORE, MD 21202
Reason: JURY TRIAL

Trial begins Monday.

Just wanted to add the link.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...il.jis?caseId=112116013&loc=69&detailLoc=DSK8

I'm wondering why no media is covering the trial starting Monday?

The Pray for Phylicia Barnes FB page also has comments from a family member that the trial is expected to start monday. (see HW comment dated August 1)

Please follow the trial here. The general discussion thread has been closed.

Thanks,

Salem

It should be starting now. (highway bone? Seriously? LOL)

But Johnson's attorney said he thinks prosecutors rushed to judgment and that the case is circumstantial at best.

"There is absolutely no physical evidence, in my opinion, that corroborates (asphyxiation). The highway bone was intact. The larynx was intact. There were no indications of trauma or injury to the physical person, so, it was pretty much ruled out circumstances. I think it probably would have been more appropriate to be an undetermined (death ruling),"said Russell Neverdon, Johnson's attorney.

The trial is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. at Courthouse East.

http://www.wbal.com/article/92955/3/template-story/Trial-Set-To-Begin-In-Phylicia-Barnes-Murder

Undetermined? Yes, she walked the miles and miles to the river and threw herself in the river after saying she was going to get something to eat. Seems legit. UGH!
Russell sounds like a wonderfully educated lawyer..NOT! HIGHWAY Bone?!! I agree Surfie!

Does anyone know of any twitters or new stations that are following the trial during the day??

Bad Defense attorney for asphyxiation could mean by pillow over her face!

That was not the news I wanted to see as an update.
The wheels of justice can be painfully slow but I truly believe we will see justice for PB.

Phylicia Barnes case postponed until Jan 21, 2013. Both sides request delay because of 17,000 pages of new discovery evidence.

I'm surprised but not surprised. There was so little media or talk it must have been known by those on the inside this was going to be delayed? imo.

I wonder what they meant by many expected Michael Johnson to make a deal or plead. I haven't heard any word of a possible deal. Anyone know if that possibility is actually in the works or is that just more or less what was speculated?

My heart is with Phylicia's mother right now. I hope she has a lot of people around her and that she knows those of us who never met her and likely never will, care and are praying for her.

I'll ask the mods to move this to currently awaiting trial.

Trial has been postponed? UGH. This reminds me of Rowan Ford all over again. Too many delays and junk.

The defense has an alibi witness. And they are going after one of the investigators.

In a motion filed in Baltimore Circuit Court, defense attorneys for Michael Maurice Johnson say they intend to call an "alibi witness" named Robert Hickman Fields when the case comes to trial in January. Johnson was charged with murder April 25 in the high-profile disappearance of the North Carolina teen.

Asked to clarify the filing, defense attorneys Ivan Bates and Russell Neverdon said that Fields saw the 16-year-old Barnes — and not Johnson — in Cecil County in the days after she was reported missing. Fields could not be reached for comment.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...ylicia-barnes-motion-20121218,0,1087567.story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff