High IQ cuts women's marriage prospects

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A high IQ is a hindrance for women wanting to get married while it is an asset for men, according to a study by four British universities.

The study found the likelihood of marriage increased by 35 per cent for boys for each 16 point increase in IQ.

But for girls, there is a 40 per cent drop for each 16-point rise, according to the survey by the universities of Aberdeen, Bristol, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

The study is based on the IQs of 900 men and women between their 10th and 40th birthdays.

"Women in their late 30s, who have gone for careers after the first flush of university and who are among the brightest of their generation, are finding that men are just not interesting enough," psychologist and professor at Nottingham University Paul Brown said.

Claire Rayner, writer and broadcaster, says that intelligent men often preferred a less brainy partner.

"A chap with a high IQ is going to get a demanding job that is going to take up a lot of his energy and time," she said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200501/s1275515.htm

What do you know???? It didn't affect you or I in the least Cass!!! :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

:doh: :waitasec: :waitasec: How have I been married for so long?

This article confuses me.

I do wonder though. How is it that my IQ is 132, and I graduated with only above average, my husband is in 120's and he was valedictorian????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974
Back