MI MI - Tamala Wells, 29, Detroit, 6 Aug 2012

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/08...-for-help-locating-missing-29-year-old-woman/

August 14, 2012 10:36 PM

Detroit Police Asking For Help Locating Missing 29-Year-Old Woman

tamela-wells-dpd.jpg

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/10/08/missing-in-the-metro-tamela-wells/

October 8, 2012 5:14 AM

They’re gone in a flash, one minute here, whisked away the next, leaving behind a maddening series of questions and speculation — and heartbreak. WWJ 950 is shining a light on long-missing people reported to the Detroit Police Department in the hope it will spark someone to remember something they saw and never reported. These are our missing, gone but not forgotten.

Is someone able to submit this case to NAMUS? I'm outside of the States so cannot register. TIA!

I'm not finding her on any of the usual databases.

ETA: Nevermind. Found her: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20703
Her name is spelled Tamala Niecole Wells on NAMUS.

Alerting Mod as it seems Tamala is the correct spelling based on the pages set up by her family.

Attempting a timeline based on the little info available:

Monday, August 6th, 9:15-9:30pm - Tamala, 29 or 33, is last seen by boyfriend of 15 years, Rickey Tennant, 55, at their home on the 19700 block of Appleton. Leaves in a white, 4-door Pontiac Grand Prix (front bumper and corner panels painted black). She is wearing a white shirt and jean shorts.
Notes: He says she was acting "suspicious" that night, she said she "just had to go somewhere." (Later reports state he thought she was going to be with friends). Stated that she goes drinking with girlfriends 1-2 times per week, but doesn't feel she has a drinking problem. He finds it unusual that she would leave their 6-year-old daughter (some reports refer to her has his daughter). News reports vary as to whether the car is hers or his. Her age varies by news report.

Monday, August 6th, 10:30pm: Tamala speaks to her mother via telephone.
Notes: It is unclear if this is misreported as the same phone call as below. I cannot find any reports specifying the details of this phone call.

Monday, August 6th, 11:45pm - Tamala makes her last known phone call.
Notes: Nowhere can I find the details of this phone call specified.

Thursday, August 9th - Tamala's car is found on Coventry St. between East Lanz and Emery. The spare tire is missing from the trunk. There are a few clothing items inside. A witness who lives on Appleton saw a tall, skinny black male get out of the car and walk away.
Notes: Both the info about the missing spare and the eyewitness account are reported to the news by Rickey. It seems unlikely that the witness would live on Appleton but have seen the car get dropped off on Coventry, some 20 minutes away. Reporting error? Clothing items are found in the car but the specifics are not reported.

September 7th - A prayer vigil is held for Tamala by her family. Rickey excludes himself from the prayer circle and advises a reporter that Tamala's mother thinks he is responsible. He says he does not know where Tamala is.
Notes: Video at this link. This report states that the car Tamala was driving is Rickey's and is being held by police.

Rarely do I find anything useful on Google Street View but here is a pic of the car! Dated Aug 2011, apologies for the quality. You can see what is meant by the black panel on the front. IMO it's rather distinct. Perhaps this could trigger someone's memory.

tamalawellscar.jpg

There is another, newer FB account, active in 2012, but minimal info & I can't confirm it's hers, so I won't link it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back