KK, please let us 'in': 3 important questions

OpenMind4U

Reaction score
KK,

Please let us 'in' to your 'Three Critical Questions' discussion which you started on FFJ. I think the questions you asked are the KEY questions in solving this case to get the long-waited conviction. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?:), majority of us cannot participate in this discussion on FFJ. Could you please initiate the same discussion here, on WS? ...Thank you in advance!!!!

I'd like to be let in too. I've tried several times to Register and have sent a couple of emails but no response.

I'd like to be let in too. I've tried several times to Register and have sent a couple of emails but no response.

I don't want to 'hijake' KK post from FFJ by copying and paste here, on WS. I hope KK would do it herself by opening the news thread on WS using the same title (or whatever title she wants to use) so we're all can participate...And if she'll agree to do it, I'll delete this (current) thread right away:) ....

Dear KoldKase,
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to 'hijake' KK post from FFJ by copying and paste here, on WS. I hope KK would do it herself by opening the news thread on WS using the same title (or whatever title she wants to use) so we're all can participate...And if she'll agree to do it, I'll delete this (current) thread right away:) ....

Dear KoldKase,
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OpenMind4U,
There is nothing to stop you from starting a thread with Three Critical Questions as its title. And allow KoldKase to decide if she wishes to contribute?

She probably will, as long as you are not passing off her posts as your own, I reckon she will be happy to expand the debate?

OpenMind4U,
There is nothing to stop you from starting a thread with Three Critical Questions as its title. And allow KoldKase to decide if she wishes to contribute?

She probably will, as long as you are not passing off her posts as your own, I reckon she will be happy to expand the debate?

LOL...even if I want it, I wouldn't be able to. My style is so unique (as you probably noticed, English is NOT my first language - now, please keep this secret between us):woohoo:

Thank you for advice, I'll probably use it...but first, let's wait for KK response....

Oh my. Now I'm like a squirrel in the middle of the road with oncoming traffic.

Should I just post my questions on this thread? Or should I start a new one?

Eek.

Either way, I'm happy for y'all to join the discussion. I was thinking today that if we ever nail this case down, we can credit about a hundred thousand people or more who have added to the chain of questions and answers which have woven through 15 years of debate.

Anyway, I'll be happy to copy my posts on this thread or to start a new one.

FFJ isn't closed per se for new members. The registration is closed because spam bots drive the admin crazy, and she has an actual job. I don't know what is to be done about that. I just lie around in the guttah there. :yes:

I went over and read KK's thread.....The problem I have is the head blow may not be the first injury...there is also the strangulation that Kolar's book postulated could have been caused by her own shirt twisted in front causing that triangular bruise. She may have been conscious during that strangulation because there are fingernail marks around her neck. If the final strangulation occurred after the head blow, she was unconscious at that point and unable to scratch her neck while trying to relieve the pressure.

I went over and read KK's thread.....The problem I have is the head blow may not be the first injury...there is also the strangulation that Kolar's book postulated could have been caused by her own shirt twisted in front causing that triangular bruise. She may have been conscious during that strangulation because there are fingernail marks around her neck. If the final strangulation occurred after the head blow, she was unconscious at that point and unable to scratch her neck while trying to relieve the pressure.

I've been arguing with Dr. Spitz's "knuckle" injury for so long, I hate to even go there anymore. :pullhair:

But two seasoned detectives whom I respect tremendously seem to buy it: both Thomas and Kolar. :waitasec:

I still think they're wrong.

I've posted why using autopsy photos, (crude) graphic mock-ups, etc., in the FFJ case library to explain why I think that triangular bruise is simply from the cord being dragged over up her neck as it was tightened.

Without further details from other experts weighing in, it's all I can do.

I will say that after observing Dr. Spitz in the Anthony trial, I'm more convinced than ever HE'S FULL OF CHIT. :groucho:

But...I could be wrong. :whiteflag:

(Except about Spitz's testimony in the Anthony trial. SHAMEFUL!)

So having said that, maybe you can work that "turtleneck" into the discussion. If that happened, it happened somewhere. So maybe it would fall into evidence the head blow happened in her room, like the blood on the pillowcase?

Oh my. Now I'm like a squirrel in the middle of the road with oncoming traffic.

Should I just post my questions on this thread? Or should I start a new one?

Eek.

Either way, I'm happy for y'all to join the discussion. I was thinking today that if we ever nail this case down, we can credit about a hundred thousand people or more who have added to the chain of questions and answers which have woven through 15 years of debate.

Anyway, I'll be happy to copy my posts on this thread or to start a new one.

FFJ isn't closed per se for new members. The registration is closed because spam bots drive the admin crazy, and she has an actual job. I don't know what is to be done about that. I just lie around in the guttah there. :yes:

Thank you very much!!!! xoxoxoxo
Could you please start the new one and copy your posts (and other's responses as you wish) and I'll be happy to delete this one...

Thank you again!

I've got to read the book and see what kolar lists about organized vs non organized aspects, especially the strangulation. I think there was only one and it seems both organized and unorganized. The hair tied into the cord and hair ripped out with the stick seems so unorganized. Imo, the one who did that is the technical killer and if there was cheynes stokes breathing then this person could not believe jonbenet to be dead.

From photo examples we have seen of other strangulation victims, I don't see how it doesn't seem pretty clear that the triangular abrasion mark is the blood pooling under the skin just like the other strangulation victims.

Maybe it's just me.

Koldkase, I am very interested in this extract you posted on this thread over at FFJ:

"As pressure in her skull increased, JonBenét was beginning to
experience the effects of “brain death.” Her neurological and
biological systems were beginning to shut down, and she may
have been exhibiting signs of cheyne-stokes breathing. These are
short, gasping breaths that may be present as the body struggles to
satisfy its need for oxygen in the final stages of death
."

I know that there has been much discussion about how and why a parent with any kind of love could strangle their child..it seems inconcievable to us, and rightly so.

But when I read that paragraph I start to think about how appallingly awful it actually would have been to witness that - to find that your little girl is not dead after all (as might have been assumed), and she lies there gasping for breath, dying horribly before your eyes, while you can do nothing. In that situation is it not possible that under duress that we can't imagine, and thinking that would already be skewed, that the strangulation, horrible and unimaginable as it is, might actually have been an (albeit twisted) act of mercy? a quick death, as opposed to a horrid, long drawn out, gasping death? (I appreciate that if Jonbenet never regained consciousness then she would not have felt this, but to the viewer this is how it would have appeared, that she was definitely suffering terribly.)

This thought makes me look at things slightly differently, and reinforces what a poster once said, that it was a tragedy of shakesperian proportions.

I hope it's ok to post this here, I wasn't sure which thread to put it in.

Thank you very much!!!! xoxoxoxo
Could you please start the new one and copy your posts (and other's responses as you wish) and I'll be happy to delete this one...

Thank you again!

I wonder if I can just start another under the title and then the mods can combine the two threads? We've gotten some good discussion already.

I'll see if I can raise Tricia.

Okay, Tricia said she'll combine the threads tomorrow. So don't delete! Too much good discussion already!

And thanks for the interest, everyone. It's always such a pleasure to post with you. :tyou:

Koldkase, I am very interested in this extract you posted on this thread over at FFJ:

"As pressure in her skull increased, JonBenét was beginning to
experience the effects of “brain death.” Her neurological and
biological systems were beginning to shut down, and she may
have been exhibiting signs of cheyne-stokes breathing. These are
short, gasping breaths that may be present as the body struggles to
satisfy its need for oxygen in the final stages of death
."

I know that there has been much discussion about how and why a parent with any kind of love could strangle their child..it seems inconcievable to us, and rightly so.

But when I read that paragraph I start to think about how appallingly awful it actually would have been to witness that - to find that your little girl is not dead after all (as might have been assumed), and she lies there gasping for breath, dying horribly before your eyes, while you can do nothing. In that situation is it not possible that under duress that we can't imagine, and thinking that would already be skewed, that the strangulation, horrible and unimaginable as it is, might actually have been an (albeit twisted) act of mercy? a quick death, as opposed to a horrid, long drawn out, gasping death? (I appreciate that if Jonbenet never regained consciousness then she would not have felt this, but to the viewer this is how it would have appeared, that she was definitely suffering terribly.)

This thought makes me look at things slightly differently, and reinforces what a poster once said, that it was a tragedy of shakesperian proportions.

I hope it's ok to post this here, I wasn't sure which thread to put it in.

Would it be ok to post this in another thread? (if so, which would be most appropriate?) I would love to hear some discussion/opinion on this. Thanks! xx

Standing by while a little girl gurgles and twitches to death is the act of a psychopath.

Or two of them.

People that callous would be perfectly capable of causing that death in the first place.

From photo examples we have seen of other strangulation victims, I don't see how it doesn't seem pretty clear that the triangular abrasion mark is the blood pooling under the skin just like the other strangulation victims.

Maybe it's just me.
It's not!

Standing by while a little girl gurgles and twitches to death is the act of a psychopath.

Or two of them.

People that callous would be perfectly capable of causing that death in the first place.

I agree, what parent could watch and assist their beloved child suffer and not want her to live.... and call the EMT, praying that something could be done. I know a bit of medicine and when I found my beloved lab dying from heat exhaustion (just to draw a parallel here) - he was in Cheynes-Stokes and I launched into panic survival mode to give him (a dog) artificial respiration and my husband gave chest compressions. He died at the vet ER and deep in my heart I knew he would.. I just cannot fathom John and Patsy under any circumstances not taking extreme measures to save Jonbenet if they knew she was dying.... Damage control could have come later - there was no time to plan/execute/stage if she were not already dead. Theres no evidence of that kind of cold calculated psychopathy prior or after her death. I remain on the fence.

I agree, what parent could watch and assist their beloved child suffer and not want her to live.... and call the EMT, praying that something could be done. I know a bit of medicine and when I found my beloved lab dying from heat exhaustion (just to draw a parallel here) - he was in Cheynes-Stokes and I launched into panic survival mode to give him (a dog) artificial respiration and my husband gave chest compressions. He died at the vet ER and deep in my heart I knew he would.. I just cannot fathom John and Patsy under any circumstances not taking extreme measures to save Jonbenet if they knew she was dying.... Damage control could have come later - there was no time to plan/execute/stage if she were not already dead. Theres no evidence of that kind of cold calculated psychopathy prior or after her death. I remain on the fence.

I understand what you're saying.

However, I am not convinced the description of the Ramseys as psychopaths in the event they participated in this death is the only answer, either.

Since I don't know them and never lived with them, I certainly can't diagnose their personalities and character traits with professional expertise.

And since I wasn't there that night, I can't say what they would or wouldn't do.

So what I am focusing on is what the evidence suggests. At least, I'm trying to do that.

I understand what you're saying.

However, I am not convinced the description of the Ramseys as psychopaths in the event they participated in this death is the only answer, either.

Since I don't know them and never lived with them, I certainly can't diagnose their personalities and character traits with professional expertise.

And since I wasn't there that night, I can't say what they would or wouldn't do.

So what I am focusing on is what the evidence suggests. At least, I'm trying to do that.

I totally get what you're trying to do and I apologize if my remarks fall outside the pale. My problem is the forest/trees analogy. "I want to see the forest AND the trees. Having worked in the field under the supervision of a PhD neuropsychologist I developed a methodology that worked in our program. I must come from a "place" of grounded perspective taking into account the biopsychosocial aspects of the case. We may never "solve" this case but for me it is -critical- to profile the players Burke, John, Patsy, Jonbenet and others. I begin with whats reasonable and balance the evidence within a framework of plausibilty until a piece of evidence is ruled invalid. Facts will build a case but we dont have many facts that cannot be challenged. Sorry for going on... just my humble opinion.

I'm not saying that it did happen, and I'm not saying if it did happen, or if thats what they thought as it happened, that it wasn't twisted and skewed and totally off the scale of all understandable decency..of course it was, I'm just trying to think how they might have seen it.

If the sexual abuse was the huge element we all think it might have been then JB was never going anywhere near an ER unit imo because it definitely would have been picked up, and thats a whole other box of frogs to deal with if you are thinking in terms of taking responsibility for that.

And that imo is the key element in this, the sexual abuse, wether the head injury was accidental, or deliberate, the sexual abuse and the potential discovery of that facilitated the strangulation (which I do not believe was sexual) and the staging/cover up, however/whoever that happened.

So there you are with a daughter, you thought she was dead, you discover she's not but you can see she is in the death throes, she's been obviously molested, you KNOW that someone in your house caused both the fatal injury and the molestation and either someone you love (or someone you are heavily implicated with) is going to take the rap for it (and since you are implicated along with them you are too) so ER is not an option, unless you want to lose everything.. so what do you do? walk away and leave her to gasp painfully until she expires? stand and watch her? or......

It's still totally unimaginable to me, and completely awful, but I can see how someone could do it and THINK (and I stress think) they were being merciful, ending her pain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back