CO CO - Kim Remmel, 47, Arvada, 25 May 2012

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
attachment.php

Kim Remmel is missing from the Denver Colrado area. She was last heard from on May 25th. Kim is 47 years old less, than 5' 3", may show signs of depression or anger.

She is believed to have left the area in her vehicle, and be in possession of her laptop computer. Her vehicle is described as a white Mazda pickup, late 80's/early 90's model with an old-style (not fiberglass) canopy. The "Mazda" letters may be removed from the tailgate and replaced with "TaDa" or "NaDa." Plate number 155XYX.

If anyone has heard from her or knows her whereabouts, please contact the ARVADA Police Department at 720-898-6900.

Detective Doll is managing the Missing Person Case.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/14997

Attachments

• NAMUS-KIM REMMEL.jpg
    NAMUS-KIM REMMEL.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 598
This article explains that Kim is a champion for wild horses. That might give us a clue about her disposition. Probably a very sensitive individual. Her friends say she was in "a happy and relaxed frame of mind" at dinner the previous night. She left home the next morning in her white pickup truck taking only her laptop. What could have happened?
Remmel advocated for wild horses and burros, was a vocal opponent of the government roundups of horses on public lands, and was involved in Belgian Malinois rescue and training. She liked to hike in Jefferson County open space areas and parks, including Golden Gate Canyon State Park.
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/07/kim_remmel_missing_wild_horse_activist.php

Kim and I were both on an email list pertaining to the love of animals. We weren't close but I certainly recognised her name and read her posts. She sent me an occasional note saying she agreed or disagreed with something I wrote.

Obviously, I was far from knowing her well. But her love of animals shone through every email she sent. She really, really loves animals and it is hard for me to believe she would just leave her cat behind.

Her case has been a real eye opener for me as to how difficult it can be to get any sort of publicity or attention in the cases of adults without obvious physical or mental disabilities.

So very frustrating.

A thousand thanks to Bessie for opening this thread for Kim.

Something I just remembered that I wanted to add.

From people who met her in person, although she was 5 foot 3 inches, she's been described as tiny. One person who met her briefly in person said she was surprised to see in Kim's missing poster that she was 5 foot 3 inches because in person, even wearing cowboy boots (which have a heel), she thought Kim was smaller than that.

I don't know if it is significant at all. Probably not. But you never know.

The not knowing is so hard.

:bump:
Kim and I were both on an email list pertaining to the love of animals. We weren't close but I certainly recognised her name and read her posts. She sent me an occasional note saying she agreed or disagreed with something I wrote.

Obviously, I was far from knowing her well. But her love of animals shone through every email she sent. She really, really loves animals and it is hard for me to believe she would just leave her cat behind.

Her case has been a real eye opener for me as to how difficult it can be to get any sort of publicity or attention in the cases of adults without obvious physical or mental disabilities.

So very frustrating.

A thousand thanks to Bessie for opening this thread for Kim.

I have a question for anyone reading this.

If someone had a Facebook page at one time and then closed it or deleted it or whatever FB people do, is there any way to find it again?

I have a question for anyone reading this.

If someone had a Facebook page at one time and then closed it or deleted it or whatever FB people do, is there any way to find it again?

GrainneDhu...I don't think so. I'm certainly not a computer pro but I know some pages are cached and you can view them but I'm not sure FB pages work that way.
I have deactivated my FB account before and no one could view it until I activated it again. It was simple to activate it, however....just enter your email and password and it all comes right back up.

GrainneDhu...I don't think so. I'm certainly not a computer pro but I know some pages are cached and you can view them but I'm not sure FB pages work that way.
I have deactivated my FB account before and no one could view it until I activated it again. It was simple to activate it, however....just enter your email and password and it all comes right back up.

Well, dang.

I was poking around on Google, trying to find something about Kim. Not much out there but I suddenly thought "what if she had a FB page at one point?" I checked and none of the Kim Remmels I could find on FB were this Kim Remmel.

So then I wondered, what if she had a FB but then deleted it for some reason?

I couldn't find anything via the wayback machine but had hoped maybe someone more skilled with FB than me could tell me if there was some way to check for deleted pages.

I just had an idea for the search for Kim but I'm not sure it would work. I figured that if anyone knew of a similar idea, it would be WS.

So far as I know, the missing flyers for Kim have mostly pictures of Kim. There's a couple shots of her truck but they are clearly not the main focus of the flyer.

My idea was to make up a flyer featuring Kim's truck front and centre. Simplify the poster to concentrate just on finding Kim's truck. And then send it to as many PDs, SDs and towing businesses as possible. Starting around Arvada and spiralling out from there.

My reasoning is that right now there aren't any clues to Kim's location. We do know that she and her truck both disappeared the same morning, so the inference is that she was driving her truck. Whether she was driving the truck or not, if it can be located it may give a significant clue as to where to look next.

I know flyers have already been mailed out but I do not know if towing businesses have been targeted. Add in that the info about her truck was along the bottom of the flyer and maybe, just maybe, it was overlooked.

I guess I'm thinking that a truck is a larger object to find than a woman.

The pickup's tailgate, with the embossed word "MAZDA" altered to read "NA/DA" is very distinctive. It's the sort of thing you might take note of while driving behind it, or walking next to it if its parked somewhere.

This article explains that Kim is a champion for wild horses. That might give us a clue about her disposition. Probably a very sensitive individual. Her friends say she was in "a happy and relaxed frame of mind" at dinner the previous night. She left home the next morning in her white pickup truck taking only her laptop. What could have happened?
Remmel advocated for wild horses and burros, was a vocal opponent of the government roundups of horses on public lands, and was involved in Belgian Malinois rescue and training. She liked to hike in Jefferson County open space areas and parks, including Golden Gate Canyon State Park.
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/07/kim_remmel_missing_wild_horse_activist.php

" She liked to hike in Jefferson County open space areas "...

Couple of things : I think she is either seeking some away time in such an open space area.Wanting to get away and be around nature...she identifies with wild horses ? Maybe she also finds a need to "roam free " at times.

Or : she took her laptop because she is communicating with someone online Or needed it for a mapquest. Could well have met someone online. She have a cell phone ? Probably this latter thing,because she left her cat... Just some thoughts.Hope she's found soon...

The pickup's tailgate, with the embossed word "MAZDA" altered to read "NA/DA" is very distinctive. It's the sort of thing you might take note of while driving behind it, or walking next to it if its parked somewhere.

Yeah!

It would be a lot harder if she drove a 5 year old factory standard truck, there's probably thousands or hundreds of thousands of them in Colorado. But I bet there's only one with that customised tailgate!

Yeah!

It would be a lot harder if she drove a 5 year old factory standard truck, there's probably thousands or hundreds of thousands of them in Colorado. But I bet there's only one with that customised tailgate!

It might be worthwhile to post this on a Mazda pickup owners's forum. That tailgate seems like the kind of thing only an enthusiast would bother to do, and also something any enthusiast would take note of.
Are there any Mazda pickup fans here? If so, can you link to this thread on your Mazda forums?
I'm going to bed, but I'll search for a Colorado-specific Mazda pickup club this evening.

Kim DID have a fb page, but I can't find it right now. A friend of mine who does horse and dog rescue in WY first alerted me in early June, and I saw it then. I don't know if it's been deleted, or if it's private. There wasn't a lot on it in the way of clues, IIRC. Interestingly enough, I read that her truck has a bad clutch, making mountain driving difficult. WY seems like a logical place due to her interest in wild horses, and is a relatively flat drive getting there. I really wish we knew if she had access to monies, savings, social security, etc. I hope she's okay, but she's been gone so long now, I'm losing hope.

It might be worthwhile to post this on a Mazda pickup owners's forum. That tailgate seems like the kind of thing only an enthusiast would bother to do, and also something any enthusiast would take note of.
Are there any Mazda pickup fans here? If so, can you link to this thread on your Mazda forums?
I'm going to bed, but I'll search for a Colorado-specific Mazda pickup club this evening.

What an ingenious idea! I would never have thought of it. Thanks so much!

Kim DID have a fb page, but I can't find it right now. A friend of mine who does horse and dog rescue in WY first alerted me in early June, and I saw it then. I don't know if it's been deleted, or if it's private. There wasn't a lot on it in the way of clues, IIRC. Interestingly enough, I read that her truck has a bad clutch, making mountain driving difficult. WY seems like a logical place due to her interest in wild horses, and is a relatively flat drive getting there. I really wish we knew if she had access to monies, savings, social security, etc. I hope she's okay, but she's been gone so long now, I'm losing hope.

I'm trying to coax one of Kim's friends, who is also friends with her aunt, to join WS. She has a lot of insider information and, sadly, it scares me more and more.

What if Kim came across something like this operation? She specifically fought against horses being used for human consumption, right GrainneDhu? This is horrible. :(

Davis, 64, a livestock hauler and proponent of the horse meat industry who lives in La Jara, 15 miles southwest of Alamosa, has purchased more than 1,700 wild horses from the federal Bureau of Land Management since 2008 — roughly 70 percent of all horses sold by the agency.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/colorado-147104-state-officials.html#ixzz2BzdaQged
SBM

Did some searching on Kim. Seems she has moved around quite a bit, having lived or at least having Post Office Boxes in several communities over the past several years (Arvada, Silverthorne, Idaho Springs, Westminster, Hygiene, Longmont, Boulder (all Colorado cities/towns) and Dodge City, Kansas. I wonder if all the PO Boxes have to do with her animal business?

This one bothers me (of course they all bother me). When I came back to work from lunch today, I drove down the street Kim lived on (I couldn't quite remember which house was hers). I sure hope someone finds her soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back