LA - Dep. Brandon Nielsen, 34, & Dep. Jeremy Triche, 27, slain, LaPlace, 16 Aug 2012

http://www.wafb.com/

19292402_SS.jpg

Sheriff: 2 deputies shot and killed in "ambush"

Two sheriff's deputies were shot to death with an assault rifle early Thursday morning in what authorities are calling an ambush. Several suspects are in custody.

Sheriff Mike Tregre of St. John the Baptist Parish identified his fallen deputies as Brandon Nielsen, 34, and Jeremy Triche, 27. He said the other two deputies are in surgery and expected to survive.

Tregre said the initial shooting happened near Bayou Steel on LA 3217 in a Valero plant parking lot south of LaPlace around 5 a.m. Deputy Jason Triche was helping with traffic in the area when someone walked up to him and opened fire.

Tregre said a witness called to report a speeding vehicle on the highway and deputies ended up at a nearby trailer park to investigate. He added two responding deputieswere questioning two people about shooting when a third made his way outside through another door.

Tregre said Nielsen and Jeremy Triche were then shot to death by that third suspect in what he called an "ambush." A fourth deputy, identified as Michael Boyington II, was also wounded.

The sheriff said several suspects are in custody and there are no others on the loose. He said public safety is intact.

http://abcnews.go.com

/US/wireStory/dead-police-shootout-west-orleans-17018139

2 Sheriff's Deputies Dead, 2 Hurt in La. Shootout

The sheriff in St. John the Baptist Parish said five people are in custody.

A tearful Sheriff Michael Tregre said the incident started when a gunman opened fire for unknown reasons on a deputy working an off-duty traffic detail along a highway that connects U.S. Highway 61 with the busy industrial corridor along the Mississippi River. That deputy was wounded.

Tregre said someone called deputies with a description of a car fleeing the scene, and officers tracked it to a nearby trailer park.

When officers found the car, they handcuffed a suspect outside a trailer, then knocked on its door. Tregre said someone with a dog answered.

"Another person exited that trailer with an assault weapon and ambushed my two officers," Tregre said. Two deputies were killed and a third was wounded.

Two suspects were wounded in the shootout before officers subdued them, Tregre said.

LAShooting1.jpg

Aug. 16: St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff deputies examine a car with bullet holes at a crime scene where two sheriffs were killed and two wounded in an early morning shootout in St. John the Baptist Parish.

The Times-Picayune reported that deputies were outside the emergency room at River Parishes Hospital, which is holding Officer Jason Triche. He reportedly suffered multiple injuries to his kidney, spleen and bladder.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/16/2-louisiana-sheriffs-deputies-killed-in-shootout/

Rest in peace guys.
Thank you for your service.

thin_blue_line.gif

What does the Thin Blue Line represent?

■The Blue represents the officer and the courage they find deep inside when faced with insurmountable odds.

■The Black background was designed as a constant reminder of our fallen brother and sister officers.

■The Line, the line is what cops protect, the barrier between anarchy and a civilized society, between order and chaos, between respect for decency and lawlessness.

■Together they symbolize the camaraderie we all share, a brotherhood like none other.

http://cop-apps.net/blueline/index.html

LEs of all types put their lives on the line for us, to help us, to protect us, to keep us from harm.

To ambush officers is war. It's not "just an officer involved shooting", it's a chicken poop ambush, done by lily-livered dinguses who are evil.

To the officers who have lost their lives in service, God speed, and may angels meet you and take you to the Throne, and when He says "well done, my sons", know that feeling is echoed by all of us still here.

For those families left behind, know that your fathers and sons and brothers were my hero today; and while that won't bring those loved back to the hearts that ache with grief, won't restore breath to those who feel as if they can't breathe...it is the truth. My heroes. Thank you for giving me the security to sleep at night. Prayers, while intangible, are being said for your loss, and for your healing and for your grief and anger to subside, and to let precious memories fill the void. And know, too, that your love, like all real love, is never lost. It survives, and will comfort you in coming days.

And to those families who wait anxiously in hospital rooms, waiting to see what hand Fate has dealt them, know this: every possible thing will be done to save your loved ones. Everything. As someone in the medical community, extra special care and attention are given to officers who have been injured; and know that we ache and care and worry right along with you.

And to all of those who serve in law enforcement, from street cops to commanders to dispatch, to EMS and to management...thank you. From my heart, I thank you. For it's because of you that I can sleep well, no matter in what city I lay my head. Thank you for always running towards the bullets, instead of running from them. Thank you for helping us when we need you most...

Thank you for your service.

God bless everyone.

This current war on LE has GOT to stop...

Best-
Herding Cats

Just saw on my local news that there will a press conference at 3:00 pm central.

Just saw on HLN...

Deputies that were killed:

Deputy Brandon Neilson-34 years old
Father of 5

Deputy Jeremy Triche-29 years old
Father of a 2 year old son

:(

Makes NO SENSE!!!

Deputies injured:

Michael Scott Boyinton-
Shot in the steel plant parking lot multiple times but is expected to survive.

Jason Triche

Per HLN

Aa a Mother of a LE. This stuff bothers me bad.

Praying for the families of the slain officers and the one in surgery. So Sad!

Blue Rose.jpg

Saw this on FB.
Thought I'd share.

a6937810-5d44-ac89.jpg

Just heard on HLN that of the 5 suspects in custody, 2 may be women.

One of the suspects that was shot has life threatening injuries.

Still no motive released.

20 different casings.
Multiple guns, multiple rounds fired, 2 locations.

LA State Police is handling the investigation.

Several Sheriff offices have stepped up to provide deputies and dispatchers to help out and give St. John's a break.

Kimberly, I see Jason Triche (shot) and Jeremy Triche (KIA). Are these brothers?

Oh my word...

Best-
Herding Cats

Rest in peace, Brandon Neilsen and Jeremy Triche. May God bless and keep the loved ones and friends of these two brave men. Thank you for your service.
:rose: :rose:

Jason Triche, and Michael Scott Boyinton, you are both in my prayers. Thank you for your service and please know you are so appreciated.

:praying:

Kimberly, I see Jason Triche (shot) and Jeremy Triche (KIA). Are these brothers?

Oh my word...

Best-
Herding Cats

On HLN last night, they reported that they are related but HLN was not sure how yet.

Louisiana State Police now have up to six people in custody, men and women.

Sources tell 9News one of the suspects in custody is Kyle Joekel, 29, a fugitive from Nebraska. It's not clear exactly what role he played in the tragic shooting, a shooting that's left an entire law enforcement family crippled.

Sources also tell 9News the suspects arrested...one or more may be contract workers for Valero and add the individuals consider themselves "sovereign citizens."

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=19300685

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement

Sovereign citizen movement

The sovereign citizen movement is a loose grouping of American litigants, commentators, and financial scheme promoters. The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation classifies "sovereign citizens" among domestic terror threats as anti-government extremists.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back