BSL - Evidentiary Hearing, Friday, Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 A.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Use this thread to discuss the evidentiary hearing.

Friday, August 17, 2012 at 10:00 A.M.
Lafayette Parish Courthouse
800 South Buchannan St.
Lafayette, LA 70501

open to the public

The courthouse entrance is on West Main Street, between South Buchanan and Lafayette streets. Cameras, recording devices and cell phones are not allowed in the courthouse.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120816/NEWS01/120816034/Brandon-Lavergne-hearing-set-parish-courthouse?odyssey=nav|head

The state’s case against Brandon Scott Lavergne took a strange turn Tuesday when the lead prosecutor, Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes, asked the court for an evidentiary hearing “limited to the perpetuation of testimony.” It remains a mystery whose testimony the state is seeking Friday at 10 a.m. ...the only summons issued by the court are for Lavergne, Stutes and Lavergne’s attorneys

http://www.theind.com/news/11195-will-lavergne-take-the-stand-friday

Please stay ON TOPIC and limit your posts to discussion about today's hearing after the fact.

Post any news media (MSM) related links, i.e., websites, Twitter, Facebook, where the hearing will be covered.

It might be awhile before information is released. In the meantime, post on the other threads, and keep this one free for information pertaining to the hearing. Once news is reported, we can discuss it here.

:tyou:

KLFY TV10 ‏@KLFY
Brandon Scott Lavergne made no comment as he was ushered into the Lafayette parish courthouse.

304732_432539580118881_304127000_n.jpg
entering the court house

According to KATC Mickey's parents are in the courthouse and will be present during the hearing.

Me@@jimhummel are you going to give those that are watching like me across the country a play by play on what is said in the court house by BSL

It's fine to discuss pre-hearing news about who's arriving to the courthouse, etc.

I have all 6 tabs open to KLFY and KATC facebook and twitter. I'll try to report all but maybe if someone else is monitoring we can split.

For those who couldn't see the live shot, he walked past the reporters, staring straight ahead, ignoring reporters' questions. He tilted his head slightly down as he passed the reporters. He has a rolling gait, probably from the cuffs. His lips were pressed tightly together and downturned. From the side, his lower lip noticeably protruded. His eyes looked dead - nothing there. He's totally bummed. Hands cuffed in front, with a chain running around his back. No noticeable injury to his right hand; had a pretty good view of most of the fingers; couldn't see much of the left hand. His arms were not very hairy. No visible tattoos on them. He didn't look somewhat handsome, as he did in some of his mugshots; he looked stumpy, dumpy, and coarse. Looked very Cajun from the side.

KATC doesn't seem to be live streaming it - anywhere else that may have it? I don't want to wait for a post-hearing update, I wanna know what's going on NOW!

I don't think cameras are allowed in the courtroom.

KATC doesn't seem to be live streaming it - anywhere else that may have it? I don't want to wait for a post-hearing update, I wanna know what's going on NOW!

KATC doesn't seem to be live stream online yet ...

NO cameras or cell phones allowed inside Lafayette parish courthouse.

Who is tweeting that I can follow...or can you think of any #hashtags that are not obvious? I will hover on tweetcast to bring over updates.

Tia

The live stream on KATC seems to be coming up.---its not a black screen anymore

Who is tweeting that I can follow...or can you think of any #hashtags that are not obvious? I will hover on tweetcast to bring over updates.

Tia
I'm not seeing anything ... searching for the obvious and the regular media tweeters are silent since his perp walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82