Identified! VA - Stafford Co., Bones along I-95 off-ramp, Aug'12 - Katherine Bryant

There is almost zero information in that article. No approximate length of time, no clothing or personals mentioned, etc. Nothing.

This is on the way that Bethany Decker would have gone to get to her family's house.

As a local, I can tell you that, unless it is a topic of extremely major proportions, this area has a terrible lack of news coverage. Being half-way between Washington, DC and Richmond, the media outlets mainly cover just to the north of us and just to the south.

I checked the local newspaper site, but there was nothing there. I would search the site to go back and find it, but there is no search feature!

The last time we made the news was when the DC sniper(s) were active shooting and murdering people along I-95, our Main Street.

http://www2.insidenova.com/news/201...fford-co-identified-missing-dc-wo-ar-2238778/

"Remains found in August along I-95 in Stafford County have been identified as a Washington, D.C., woman missing since 2006.

Katherine Bryant’s family reported her missing in the summer of 2006. She was 33 years old and last seen in the D.C. area.

On August 16, a truck driver parked his tractor trailer near the northbound 140 exit ramp and found the remains in a wooded area where he was walking, according to Bill Kennedy, public information officer for the Stafford County Sheriff's Office.

Detectives searched missing person reports in the region and used DNA to identify the remains as Bryant, Kennedy said in a press release."

This story is especially sad because in the DC area, where she went missing, her story received little coverage. Even in these articles, few details are offered about the circumstances around her disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back