Man stakes claim on clouds

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A Russian lawyer has staked a claim on all the world's clouds.

Vladimir Osipiv is using the same law that allowed an American man to claim the moon.

He is hoping the clouds will be snapped by environmentalists who will then take legal action against governments that allow clouds to be polluted.

He said: "The owner of the damaged clouds will be able to seek punitive damages from polluters."

American Dennis Hope who claimed the moon in 1980 has since sold plots of land there to more than two million people.

Osipev, 48, from Yeisk in Russia's Krasnodar region, said: "The conquerors of the Wild West used the same principle, when they pronounced their ownership of the land.

"It is probably incomprehensible for the vast majority of people that clouds can be privatised. However, I am absolutely sure that I will get support both in Russia and in the international community."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1235605.html?menu=

I think I'll stake a claim to all the oxygen surrounding the planet. I won't charge anything to breathe it, but you will need a special nose filter, which I will hand out free of charge. If I don't like you, you don't get a filter. Simple as that.

Yakwoman

Yakwoman said:
I think I'll stake a claim to all the oxygen surrounding the planet. I won't charge anything to breathe it, but you will need a special nose filter, which I will hand out free of charge. If I don't like you, you don't get a filter. Simple as that.
Cool, where do I sign up? :blowkiss:

Yakwoman said:
Right here! Casshew is the first to get a nose filter!
Hey, does this nose filter make me look fat? :waitasec:

Casshew said:
A Russian lawyer has staked a claim on all the world's clouds.

Vladimir Osipiv is using the same law that allowed an American man to claim the moon.

He is hoping the clouds will be snapped by environmentalists who will then take legal action against governments that allow clouds to be polluted.

He said: "The owner of the damaged clouds will be able to seek punitive damages from polluters."

American Dennis Hope who claimed the moon in 1980 has since sold plots of land there to more than two million people.

Osipev, 48, from Yeisk in Russia's Krasnodar region, said: "The conquerors of the Wild West used the same principle, when they pronounced their ownership of the land.

"It is probably incomprehensible for the vast majority of people that clouds can be privatised. However, I am absolutely sure that I will get support both in Russia and in the international community."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1235605.html?menu=

Ummmm... hate to break it to this guy, but those clouds are already spoken for... There was this noisy group of Brits that used to travel all over the world screaming "Hey! You! Get off of my cloud...." LOL

Can we file a lawsuit against the lawyer when his clouds dump too much rain or not enough on our crops :confused:

What about malignant melanoma? I was led to believe that cloud cover could prevent skin cancer like melanoma.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back