IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Welcome and thank you for joining the discussion.

These links contain helpful user information. Others are posted in the sticky sections of the forums.

Terms of Service - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

How to Become a Verified Member

Thank you
__________________________________________________ ___________

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
Lauren Spierer, age 20.
She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Photos and Maps

Media Links

Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110615/NEWS02/106150373

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27

Attachments

• spierermap3.jpg
    spierermap3.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 31
Jupiter812's post copied from the previous thread

:praying:​
Hoping today is THE day.

Anything you've heard...a rumor, a theory....at a party, on a message board... call it in. They need to know what that something is. They can piece it together.

Bloomington Police Tip line– 812-339-4477

Beau Dietl Associates– 800-777-9366, www.investigations.com

Find Lauren– PO Box 1226, Bloomington, IN 47402

helpfindlauren@gmail.com

:heartbeat:

[video=youtube;98RqhXEzt1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98RqhXEzt1k&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]​

Welp, where do we go from here?

British, I can buy your theory that she never made it to 5N. Just need to explore how JR got so caught up in this. What do you think?

British, I can buy your theory that she never made it to 5N. Just need to explore how JR got so caught up in this. What do you think?
Because he says he was the last person to see Lauren.

He says he watched her walk to the corner of College and 11th after giving her a sobriety test.

LE clearly stated that ANYONE who was with Lauren the night of June 2/morning of June 3, 2011... is a POI!!!

He says he watched her walk to the corner of College and 11th after giving her a sobriety test.

LE clearly stated that ANYONE who was with Lauren the night of June 2/morning of June 3, 2011... is a POI!!!

What I recall they said is that anyone who had contact with her that night was a POI. This is a big difference. It could be an ID checker or server at Sports, for example. They also said not all of the POI are known to her.

I think the question you're being asked is why does JR insert himself into the situation if he's home in his apartment and something happens to LS while she's with CR before he ever gets her inside?

Why would he become an accessory to a crime? What would he have to do with it that he'd go along with a cover story?

Let's assume LS dies while with CR before ever entering the apartment building. What would make MB and JR want any part of helping CR cover that up?

So, I missed the end of this thread. But in response to sweet blush's post as follows:

:... or, 'soulless' or ' a great liar' possibly?

I have heard JR being described as possessing both of these traits by his peers (his college roommates at the time of Lauren's disappearance, and fellow summer camp companions as well. A Pter who is best friends with JR's roommates from NJ, and a campmate of JR's said this)."

There are people in this world who habitually lie until it becomes a habit. It could be that JR is one of them. Or maybe he just doesn't phrase things the way the majority of us do. I recall when he told a reporter that he talks to the Spierers about the case. They didn't see it the same way.

IDK know why JR would have covered for CR, MB, or whomever. But once he did, he did. Just saying. It would be hard to come back from.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8290030&postcount=1956

My biggest bias is that I can not reconcile that LS was capable of walking out of JR's. So, for me, if JW caught up with her, in any condition, JR and he are involved in her disappearance together. That, too, doesn't seem plausible or rather, likely, to me.

It always comes back to, "Why does JR say she left his place at 4:30?"
She is intoxicated and banged up. No one mentions any ice packs, band aids nor Neosporin for Lauren. (I know, they aren't nursing students) Someone convince me that it is possible she could have gone on her merry, shoeless, way....

Blythe - We're on the same page, I struggle to accept that LS left on her own accord. However, my daughter (19/college JR) believes it's possible that a young adult in LS' described condition could be alert, upright and able to walk unassisted after cocaine/drug use. I'm curious if others here have any knowledge of this possibility or would agree with her statement.

On the previous thread the last line of someone's post was to the effect,"...if she walked out of JR's alone." You know, sometimes it's the way a thought is worded that it resonates and in this case it did with me.

Consider this scenario: The person who walks Lauren out of JR's is the one. He may even be the mystery man. We don't know the time of this account, let's just admit that. But if it were 3:38 it could fit with MB's call to JR around 3:30. This person may also be one of the "three or four others" Salzmann said saw Lauren after CR. DB? A neighbor? Someone who was at the party or at Sports?

So, I missed the end of this thread. But in response to sweet blush's post as follows:

:... or, 'soulless' or ' a great liar' possibly?

I have heard JR being described as possessing both of these traits by his peers (his college roommates at the time of Lauren's disappearance, and fellow summer camp companions as well. A Pter who is best friends with JR's roommates from NJ, and a campmate of JR's said this)."

There are people in this world who habitually lie until it becomes a habit. It could be that JR is one of them. Or maybe he just doesn't phrase things the way the majority of us do. I recall when he told a reporter that he talks to the Spierers about the case. They didn't see it the same way.

IDK know why JR would have covered for CR, MB, or whomever. But once he did, he did. Just saying. It would be hard to come back from.

Not sure we have a uniform understanding of just what "soulless" would mean. I think it means not having a conscience; in which case there seems to be plenty of "soullessness" to go around in this case. I've been reminded regularly when I post that I live in a reality different from most. My friends would not leave me for dead. My friends have NOT left me for dead.

Charlene and Rob continue to appeal to this better nature.

That said, what will it take to get some answers?

What I recall they said is that anyone who had contact with her that night was a POI. This is a big difference. It could be an ID checker or server at Sports, for example. They also said not all of the POI are known to her.
splitting hairs.

I said anyone who was with her, you said anyone who had contact with her.

same/same, no?

LE originally narrowed down the POI list to around ten people, of which we know at least five...

On the previous thread the last line of someone's post was to the effect,"...if she walked out of JR's alone." You know, sometimes it's the way a thought is worded that it resonates and in this case it did with me.

Consider this scenario: The person who walks Lauren out of JR's is the one. He may even be the mystery man. We don't know the time of this account, let's just admit that. But if it were 3:38 it could fit with MB's call to JR around 3:30. This person may also be one of the "three or four others" Salzmann said saw Lauren after CR. DB? A neighbor? Someone who was at the party or at Sports?

Which is why I wondered about JW. My problem is that JR doesn't out anyone and given his character description (which I once defended); he would be craven enough to divulge. Would he?

Jupiter - A very logical scenario, but then we're back to what motive JR would have to make a statement that covers for the guest/mm and sets himself up as the last person to see her walking to the corner alone?

Blythe - We're on the same page, I struggle to accept that LS left on her own accord. However, my daughter (19/college JR) believes it's possible that a young adult in LS' described condition could be alert, upright and able to walk unassisted after cocaine/drug use. I'm curious if others here have any knowledge of this possibility or would agree with her statement.

There is no doubt that cocaine use will make a person sober up and more alert.

splitting hairs.

I said anyone who was with her, you said anyone who had contact with her.

same/same, no?

LE originally narrowed down the POI list to around ten people, of which we know at least five...

No, Apples/oranges imo.

I definitely could find a possibility in her leaving. In good condition? No. But I wouldn't rule out she could ever have left on her own two feet. I've seen similar cases way too many times. (21/college student)

Jupiter - A very logical scenario, but then we're back to what motive JR would have to make a statement that covers for the guest/mm and sets himself up as the last person to see her walking to the corner alone?

When I think about JR I see lights on nobody home, so I have little to say about his motive. Best explanation given here is he stepped it and can't get out. He may also be getting something very big or meaningful to him in return. Just a thought.

I just now learned that the call to DR at 4:15, was described as an unknown caller by DR.... Im sure its been addressed in earlier posts, but was JR and Rohn not friends? Certainly if JR not on DR contact list DR would not be on JR's.. co yi ld LS remember the number? ..If they were friends, I sure would want to know what new numbers were activated around 3:45 that morning in bloomington indiana...or am I missing something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46