Man sues for 2.5 million/Fear Factor rats disgusted him

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[size=-1]I think he should sue the manufacturer of his television instead, apparently it has no off button and he cannot change the channel :waitasec:

~~~~~~

Watching contestants eat dead rats on NBC's gross-out stunt show "Fear Factor" so disgusted a Cleveland man that he has sued NBC for $2.5 million, saying he could not stomach what he saw.[/size]
[size=-1] In a handwritten four-page lawsuit filed in federal court in Cleveland on Tuesday, paralegal Austin Aitken said, "To have the individuals on the show eat (yes) and drink dead rats was crazy and from a viewer's point of view made me throw-up as well an another in the house at the same time." [/size]

[size=-1] His suit added, "NBC is sending the wrong message to its TV watchers that cash can make or have people do just about anything beyond reasoning (sic) and in most cases against their will." [/size]

[size=-1] He said the show caused his blood pressure to rise so high that he became dizzy and light-headed, and when he ran away to his room, he bumped his head into the doorway. [/size]
[size=-1]In a brief telephone interview with Reuters, Aitken said, "I am not at liberty to discuss the complaint unless it is a paid-interview situation." [/size]

[size=-1] A spokesman for "Fear Factor" said the show would have no comment until it sees a copy of the complaint. The spokesman said the program did feature an rat-eating scene in New York's Times Square on Nov. 8.
[/size]

[size=-1]http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050105/tv_nm/television_rat_dc
[/size]

I would throw up too, and then I would have nightmares. They could cut me a check also, my batteries in my remote went dead and I couldn't change the channel.

packerdog said:
I would throw up too, and then I would have nightmares. They could cut me a check also, my batteries in my remote went dead and I couldn't change the channel.
Maybe you should sue the Everready bunny? LOL

What does he mean he's not at liberty to discuss the civil case unless its a paid situation? That's b.s.

Jeana (DP) said:
What does he mean he's not at liberty to discuss the civil case unless its a paid situation? That's b.s.

What more could you expect from a Lawyer - lol. Esp one who would file BS like this! I hope it gets thrown out and the filing lawyer gets disbarred for Filing frivilous lawsuits.

I really wonder about the lawyer that took this case...... where's Mark????

STUPID STUPID STUPID, turn off the TV. The idiot sat there and watched it. It's not like it was a surprise - the host tells you before hand what you gotta do (or eat) - if you're grossed out by it, turn the TV OFF!!!

Tort Reform!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so sick of people looking to retire on their ill gotten,frivolious lawsuit gains and their ambulance chasing lawyers!!!!!!!!!YUCK!

I think there should be a financial penalty against people who file these absurd lawsuits. It is our tax dollars that go into the judiciary system and I feel ripped off. Maybe I should file a lawsuit against this guy? Oh wait a minute, I am getting dizzy. I feel sick to my stomach. Ouch, I just bumped my head. Here I go.....dialing my lawyer for dollars!

Txswthrt5 said:
What more could you expect from a Lawyer - lol

HEY!!!!! Be nice now!!! Maybe he filed himself pro se??? I think the show should made a reality show about the lawsuit the guy filed. Make him a national jackass for the whole world to see.

poco said:
I really wonder about the lawyer that took this case...... where's Mark????

STUPID STUPID STUPID, turn off the TV. The idiot sat there and watched it. It's not like it was a surprise - the host tells you before hand what you gotta do (or eat) - if you're grossed out by it, turn the TV OFF!!!

Its just like that woman who filed a sexual harrasement suit against Bill O'Reilly because he made nasty phone calls to her!! Hello??? Hang up the freaking phone!!! LOL She got paid though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back