Connie Jones in article

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozazure

Reaction score
Birthday vigil for missing teen Hailey Dunn set Saturday

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/aug/24/birthday-vigil-for-missing-teen-hailey-dunn-set/

Jones recalled birthdays she celebrated with her granddaughter over the years, most notably the last birthday they spent together.

"Her brother and Shawn Adkins ate the cake her mom made her," Jones said. To make up for that, Jones made her granddaughter an ice cream cake. "I took the cake over to her and her card and her present. She was upset because of the other cake."

Jones said her granddaughter's birthday will be difficult to observe, but that's not unusual.

"Every day is a hard day," she said. "There's not an easy day."

vs Billie's "Every day that they don't find something is good for me".

It makes me so mad that only Connie is either contactable or reaches out at the milestone dates for Hailey.

Where is Billie at these times? It makes it hard to give any benefit of the doubt to her meaning of what "good" days mean...

Birthday vigil for missing teen Hailey Dunn set Saturday

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/aug/24/birthday-vigil-for-missing-teen-hailey-dunn-set/

vs Billie's "Every day that they don't find something is good for me".

It makes me so mad that only Connie is either contactable or reaches out at the milestone dates for Hailey.

Where is Billie at these times? It makes it hard to give any benefit of the doubt to her meaning of what "good" days mean...

I hear ya. :rose:

I am thankful Hailey's grandma Connie is at least out there remembering her. It should be her mother, though....

I'm a little peaved that Sean ate her cake. Her brother was still a kid/teen...I'll give him a pass for being mischevious. But Sean was an ADULT and should have known to stop the brother and not partake in eating Hailey's cake himself. What kind of an adult eats (or even knowingly allows someone else t eat) a kid's birthday cake? That's just mean. Sounds like Hailey never even got to eat a single piece of her cake.

I am thankful Hailey's grandma Connie is at least out there remembering her. It should be her mother, though....

I'm a little peaved that Sean ate her cake. Her brother was still a kid/teen...I'll give him a pass for being mischevious. But Sean was an ADULT and should have known to stop the brother and not partake in eating Hailey's cake himself. What kind of an adult eats (or even knowingly allows someone else t eat) a kid's birthday cake? That's just mean. Sounds like Hailey never even got to eat a single piece of her cake.

I know, that broke my heart a little bit more for Hailey, that she was upset like that. No boundaries for Shawn, he took what he wanted.

Isn't Billie living in Travis County now? Do you suppose any reporter there would have given it a thought to call her and ask her for any comments on her missing daughter's birthday? I doubt it. And if Billie had shown up in CC, I'm pretty sure she would have received a lot of criticism for it.
Did anybody get a comment from Clint?
Yeah, I agree about the cake... it was mean.

Hailey, I so wish you were spending your birthday with your grandmother Connie. There would be the biggest birthday for you; a whole town and many visitors would be there to celebrate with you. Happy Birthday, girl. PLEASE come home.

To Billie and Shawn, your silence is deafening.

You just have the grandmothers word for it. No context, what exactly happened or if it really even happened.

They are talking to Jones because she is local and on hand. BD has plenty of reason to avoid the media after the way she has been treated. She is not the afternoons entertainment, no matter how much people want it that way. There is no sinister implication.

How do you know her mother is not out there missing her? She has been put through the mill, as far as, media is concerned. Why would she be out there?

Why did the LE stop Texas Equusearch from going and searching for Hailey. They were packed and ready to go, until they spoke with law enforcement.

From what I remember Billie requested LES, she had been in contact with Tim M., and was excited they were going to step up and search. Untill local LE put a stop to that.
Please, tell me why local Pd would LE tell Tim NO?

At least Mark Klass and Carrie McGonigall support her.

You just have the grandmothers word for it. No context, what exactly happened or if it really even happened.

They are talking to Jones because she is local and on hand. BD has plenty of reason to avoid the media after the way she has been treated. She is not the afternoons entertainment, no matter how much people want it that way. There is no sinister implication.

Every day that they don’t find something is good for me. Billie Dunn

Billie is also the one who has NOT searched for Hailey or kept Hailey's name in the media.

Isn't Billie living in Travis County now? Do you suppose any reporter there would have given it a thought to call her and ask her for any comments on her missing daughter's birthday? I doubt it. And if Billie had shown up in CC, I'm pretty sure she would have received a lot of criticism for it.
Did anybody get a comment from Clint?
Yeah, I agree about the cake... it was mean.

Billie DID turn up at C City yesterday. For that matter she has been to almost all of the vigils. Billie also gave several interviews to the media last know.

Hailey, I so wish you were spending your birthday with your grandmother Connie. There would be the biggest birthday for you; a whole town and many visitors would be there to celebrate with you. Happy Birthday, girl. PLEASE come home.

To Billie and Shawn, your silence is deafening.

What silence? she was giving interviews yesterday at the vigil. Regardless of what anyone may think of her unlike Clint she does at least go to them mostly.

From people who was at the vigil last night she was more than happy to talk to the media.

Its good shes finally got rid of Shawn also :)

Thanks for the update ForTheKids, I am very glad to hear Billie was there for Hailey. And glad Shawn is no longer around.

I hope there is a breakthrough soon.

BBM- I beg your pardon? They are talking to Connie Jones because she is Hailey's Grandmother. She's not some peripheral joe blow from down the street. She has been in her life since birth. I've grown immune to the contrariness of your posts in this thread, but this one was too much.

Afternoon entertainment...really?

Yes Connie loves Hailey...why would she prevaricate about a cake

back to the basement

I thought you might like to see this...just one of the interviews that Billie did from the vigil on Sunday night. This shows she isnt trying to avoid the media at alll. Incidentally has anyone heard or read anything about the suspect in the case actuallly giving any interviews or quotes to mark Haileys birthday?

http://www.kwes.com/story/19399201/family-friends-remember-missing-colorado-city-teens-birthday

At a crucial time, soon after Hailey went missng, we had the image of Billie in an orange jail jumpsuit. Why? She LIED to LE about Shaun's whereabouts. That leaves an impression. Crucial time was lost, she moved away with POI numero uno and now she is involved. I also remember her tantrum about the video during a dinner. Has she changed her spots? For Hailey's sake, I hope so.

My concern is for Hailey, she is the primary focus here. Billie is still having birthdays, isn't she? What about Hailey?

At a crucial time, soon after Hailey went missng, we had the image of Billie in an orange jail jumpsuit. Why? She LIED to LE about Shaun's whereabouts. That leaves an impression. Crucial time was lost, she moved away with POI numero uno and now she is involved. I also remember her tantrum about the video during a dinner. Has she changed her spots? For Hailey's sake, I hope so.

My concern is for Hailey, she is the primary focus here. Billie is still having birthdays, isn't she? What about Hailey?

The thing about the dinner - I am not sure that was her as such. She got upset about it as I guess was understandable. If your daughter was alive and you wanted to believe she was alive then seeing people hunting through fields would upset you. She believed it was a thank you get together for the searchers. I think it was Carrie who told them to turn the film off.

I am confused about my feelings regarding Billie. Yes I understand totally the way you feel about the lieing for Shawn episode BUT i also think Billie had reason to not trust the police which possibly affected her actions. In all honesty I dont think crucial time was lost when she lied to the cops because quite simply i think they ballsed the case up from the beginning. What concerns me is why they wouldnt let TES go in there who could possibly have found her? Secondly were all the people really wrong who claimed they had seen Hailey? For me a lot of LE actions in this case simply dont make sense :(

I want to give Billie the benefit of the doubt but too much causes me to doubt. Like even on websleuths radio Billie and Carrie bring up the name of an RSO or the like they want investigated and his name isn't even forthcoming because they can't recall it. Yes there are legitimate reasons you may not remember a name, a symptom of PTSD is poor memory. Maybe you'd keep notes available for your chance to discuss this in a wider format ... if you can function to participate on the show you can organise the information to be available. I want Hailey to be given the effort and care she deserves.

Including from LE, whom seem to leave a lot to be desired. I think if this had happened elsewhere we'd know where Hailey is or have an arrest or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave