Bride Drowns While Posing for Photos In Wedding Dress

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
A woman drowned after being pulled under the water by a strong current while she was having photos taken in her wedding dress near waterfalls, Quebec police said Friday.

Sgt. Ronald McInnis of the Quebec provincial police said her body was recovered about four hours after she disappeared under the water. Police had originally said she fell from a cliff and tumbled into the waterfall but later corrected that.

The woman was married on June 9 and was having photos taken in her dress with the picturesque Dorwin Falls as a backdrop in Rawdon, north of Montreal.

While she was being photographed with her feet in the water the dress became saturated with water, leaving her unable to stay above water, police said.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2018986708_apcncanadaweddingdressaccident.html

Holy cow.

What a freak accident! I'm glad I read the article, because I was wondering about who the photographer was and if anyone tried to help her. How could she not be saved? Why didn't she just unzip the dress? I need to see a photo of this dress! So sad.

Ah, so very sad, A freak accident takes this lovely bride.
Nothing I can say can compare with the grief her loved ones
must feel. I feel so hurt and lost myself just reading this
story so their pain must be enormous.

Sending warm thoughts out to them all.
RIP and one day you will be reunited.

Goz

I wonder if she was doing a "Trash the Dress" photoshoot?
I'm buying a knockoff of my real dress so we can get some underwater pictures in it, but dang, this makes me think twice.

:( My deepest sympathies to the man who loved her, her family, and friends.

I've never heard of the trend, but I trashed mine years ago-- kicked it down the road like a tumbleweed! Very liberating.

this is very sad....but it was also reported that there have been several incidents there, why anyone would do this is unreal....I get the theme of the shoot, but do it somewhere safe!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back