GUILTY CA - Andrew Fusco & Megan Martinez for child abuse, Lake Forest, 2005

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES -- The parents of an infant treated at an urgent care center for multiple fractures and human bite marks remained jailed Tuesday on suspicion of felony child endangerment, authorities said.

The boy -- who was born one month ago -- is in critical condition at Children's Hospital in Mission Viejo. His parents -- Andrew David Fusco (pictured, left), 20, and Megan Michelle Martinez, 19 -- took him Monday to the urgent care center in Lake Forest, said Orange County sheriff's representative Jim Amormino.

The child suffered "multiple fractures, multiple human bite marks and was the victim of a severe beating," Amormino said.

The boy was transferred to Saddleback Hospital, then taken to CHOC, Amormino said.Fusco and Martinez were booked into the Orange County Jail on suspicion of felony child endangerment.

Fusco also is accused of assault with a deadly weapon in connection with his alleged use of his fist to inflict the injuries, Amormino said.Bond for each suspect was set at $100,000 each.

Amormino said authorities are investigating whether the child was sexually abused.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4047612/detail.html

That is just sick...to beat, bite and possibly sexually abuse a 1-month-old????? Any child for that matter...but a 1-month-old??????? Lock them both up, throw away the key, and sterilize them, too, so they'll never have another child to hurt like this. :furious: :furious: :furious:

englishleigh said:
That is just sick...to beat, bite and possibly sexually abuse a 1-month-old????? Any child for that matter...but a 1-month-old??????? Lock them both up, throw away the key, and sterilize them, too, so they'll never have another child to hurt like this. :furious: :furious: :furious:
I wish someone who propose a law that results in mandatory sterilization for parents who are convicted of child abuse or killing their children (Andrea Yates, as an example). When the abuse leads to serious injury or endangerment or death, the parents should never again have the opportunity to reproduce (whether or not they are in prison for life)!

I don't want to hear any bleeding-heart ACLU arguments about the parents' rights! Innocent children have rights too - and first and foremost is the right to not be injured or killed by their parents!! :furious:

Pepper said:
I wish someone who propose a law that results in mandatory sterilization for parents who are convicted of child abuse or killing their children (Andrea Yates, as an example). When the abuse leads to serious injury or endangerment or death, the parents should never again have the opportunity to reproduce (whether or not they are in prison for life)!

I don't want to hear any bleeding-heart ACLU arguments about the parents' rights! Innocent children have rights too - and first and foremost is the right to not be injured or killed by their parents!! :furious:
I agree 100% with you on this one...but not just the parents who abuse, I think anyone who abuses or kills a child should be sterilized and be banned from being around children at all.

update on this baby's case..
http://www.latimes.com/news/yahoo/la-me-abuse6jan06,1,5198012.story?coll=la-newsaol-headlines&ctrack=2&cset=true

Utterly sickening. I can't even comprehend it. 4 weeks old, and the torture started near his birth.

"Fusco and Martinez now also face two counts of torture, four counts of child abuse, one count of sexual penetration with a foreign object and one count of aggravated mayhem. The last count, the prosecutor said, involves permanently disfiguring or disabling another person. She declined to elaborate."

He won't have to carry memories of the abuse with him, but apparently he will have permanent scars.

These were monsters. pure evil.

OH, this just makes me so sad. That poor little baby boy. so awful. Jail,jail, jail.

How this baby even survived an entire month with these monsters is a miracle in and of itself. I'm so angry I can hardly think. I think that they're both lucky that the guards who have to deal with these two every day were blessed with self-restraint. I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from showing the two of them what it feels like.

This poor little guy... Hopefully he recoveres and is sent to live with a family that wants and loves children !

Jeana (DP) said:
How this baby even survived an entire month with these monsters is a miracle in and of itself. I'm so angry I can hardly think. I think that they're both lucky that the guards who have to deal with these two every day were blessed with self-restraint. I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from showing the two of them what it feels like.

My thoughts exactly, Jeana.

I'd be right there along side of you.

No smiles today .. :(

Rummy

I am just so happy that little boy is away from them now. Hope he is put in a good home with a loving family.

As for the monsters... death is too good.

Rum Tum Tugger said:

My thoughts exactly, Jeana.

I'd be right there along side of you.

No smiles today .. :(

Rummy

There aren't enough tears for what this baby has had to endure. What could happen to a "human" that they could do something like this? Is this drugs? The cycle of abuse alone? I don't understand this.

This is absolutely the worst thing I have ever read. Jesus, a tiny little baby!!!!

What is wrong with those people? This is someone who can't cry for help, can't speak, can't walk just lies there helpless waiting for the next painful attack. And, there are some people who don't believe in the death penalty?
I would actually do the injection myself given the opportunity.

No amount of past abuse in one's life justifies this action, assuming the two parents were abused, as I am sure that will be the defense.

Jeana (DP) said:
There aren't enough tears for what this baby has had to endure. What could happen to a "human" that they could do something like this? Is this drugs? The cycle of abuse alone? I don't understand this.
Same here. It is beyond my comprehension!

March 2009:

A Lake Forest man was sentenced today to 21 years to life in prison for sexually and physically assaulting his month-old son, who suffered limb and rib fractures, a swollen and lacerated rectum and 30 bite marks.

Andrew David Fusco, 24, was convicted last April by Orange County Superior Court Judge Marc Kelly -- who decided the case without a jury -- of two felony counts each of the aggravated assault of a child and sexual penetration by a foreign object by force and four felony counts of child abuse.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-news/20090319/man-gets-21-years-for-sexually-assaulting-baby

March 2009:

Baby Doe’s mother, Megan Michelle Martinez, 23, pleaded guilty on June 18, 2007, to four felony counts of child abuse. She was sentenced Dec. 20, 2007, to six years in state prison...

Martinez, Fusco’s girlfriend, was convicted of child abuse for putting her baby in danger by allowing Fusco to continue abusing the child. Baby Doe has been adopted by an Orange County family

http://orangecountyda.org/civica/press/display.asp?layout=2&Entry=1201

March 2009:

When a Lake Forest couple took their 4-week-old boy to a hospital in January 2005, doctors found the child with about 30 bite marks, multiple broken bones, bruises and a severe rip in his lips.
The couple told doctors that a family cat scratched the baby. But on Monday, the father of the boy, Andrew David Fusco, was handed a sentence of 21 years to life in state prison for abusing his son...

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/child-185188-fusco-doctors.html

April 2011:

Andrew Dave Fusco
andrew_david_fusco.jpg

Doctors notified the Orange County Sheriff's Department deputies of Baby S's condition. According to court records, Fusco initially blamed his cat for causing many of the infant's wounds, though he did acknowledge responsibility for: accidentally dropping the baby on the floor, cramming several fingers and a thermometer into the boy's rectum but only to induce bowel movements, unintentionally burning the boy's scrotum with hot cigarette ash while changing diapers, and stuffing a fish tank tube down his throat but only to help him breathe.

And why couldn't the baby breathe properly? He had swallowed a tissue his daddy put in his mouth to sponge up the blood from numerous internal oral cavity cuts caused, Fusco said, by the cat...

Eventually, Fusco admitted that he regularly used marijuana and methamphetamine. He also reluctantly confessed that he had a temper problem and that he'd become jealous and resentful of the attention his girlfriend showered on the baby...

He appealed his conviction and several weeks ago a California Court of Appeal based in Santa Ana rejected his cries of innocence and that he was represented at trial by an incompetent lawyer.

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/vicious-baby-abuser-loses-case-wants-lawyer-to-refund-retainer-6478067

I can't find a picture of Megan Martinez anywhere :( she's already been released, and she's not a registered sex offender.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back