GUILTY OH - Steubenville Rape Case, 11 Aug 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I was in high school, our team could only play Big Red in the afternoons after years of violence and vandalism between our teams. Go Brooke Bruins!!!

That is really sick!

Don't take this as anti-sports. Not all athletes are bad as most are descent people. Incidents like this should be taken very seriously and have the books thrown at them, especially in light of what happened with Penn State and Jerry Sandusky.

Kerr, Hanlin Step Down in Rape, Kidnap Case

Jefferson County Juvenile Judge Samuel Kerr plans to step down from presiding over a case involving two Steubenville High School students accused of kidnapping and raping a female juvenile, and Kerr has asked the Ohio Supreme Court to appoint a visiting judge for future proceedings.

Jefferson County Prosecutor Jane Hanlin recused herself from the case Monday and announced two attorneys from the Ohio Attorney General's Crimes Against Children unit have been appointed as special assistant prosecutors for the county.

~jmo~

A bunch of idiots that have been raised to believe that they are above the law and completely untouchable. MOO

and with no respect of life! :maddening::banghead:

And no moral compass! :maddening: :bang head:

Holy chit. Did they really post the video?

Oh yes, they really posted the video. It has been deleted, but here is a screenshot, there is no nudity, video or photos of the video. You can see the name of the video, which, keep in mind, NODI is part of one of the scumbags last names, and has not been arrested or even charged with anything yet. How?? Unreal.

http://topsy.com/trackback?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFSzJD4HYKU

It was also posted on another site, and taken down, with the sick tags of: Nodi Drunk Rape Dead Offensive

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...in+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

And, it has surfaced that a similar incident happened in Steubenville in April. It was covered up and never even investigated. The scumbags were talking on twitter for that one also.

http://prinniefied.com/blog/what-happened-in-april/#more-984

They are all disgusting. The whole lot of them. I hope K.A.R.M.A. does it's thing because the justice system isn't.

<modsnip>

So these hoodlums may be connected to at least one other event much like the one on this thread????? :thud:

and it hasn't even been investigated... Has been covered up???

There was a case much like this one here in So. CA where a drug/rape was video taped... And one of the perps was the son of a civic leader.

after a long process... With many attempts of excusing the perps, they were actually sent to jail.

but it wasn't a slam dunk decision... Even though there was a graphic video depicting much of the crime!

This community has a serious problem if they're willing to overlook and cover up rape crimes, while protecting the local athletes.

I'm not so sure anyone from the Ohio AG's office will do any better. Many of our top elected officials in Ohio these days are "old fashioned family values types" who scoff at crimes like rape. :moo:

Let's hope this story makes national news, it may be the only hope for justice.

This community has a serious problem if they're willing to overlook and cover up rape crimes, while protecting the local athletes.

I'm not so sure anyone from the Ohio AG's office will do any better. Many of our top elected officials in Ohio these days are "old fashioned family values types" who scoff at crimes like rape. :moo:

They do have a problem. For years they have protected the athletes and covered stuff up. I have emailed cnn, fox etc, in hopes of getting it national for the exact reasons you state. I'm with you, it's no guarantee the AG office will do any better. I mean they took over a couple days ago and no additional arrests have been made yet, even though the scumbags clearly implicate themselves in their tweets.........not to mention the video. The ones on the football team are practicing and getting ready to suit up for a game tomorrow night. Amazing if you ask me.

I have seen this pattern before; South Hadley, State College, and Glen Ridge. There were people complicit and had this "turn the other cheek" mentality. It is interesting this type of think happens in smaller cities or towns.

...and MOO... these guys are becoming and "learning" how to be serial victimizers and have gotten away with it. When the "glory days" of their football careers are over which will be soon (very few go on to be pro-athletes) they will be left with a sick demented outlook on the law and society as a whole. They now will be left with their learned talents of raping and victimizing while feeling they are above societal rules. Reality will hit them in the face hard. Nothing good will become of them and I pray for the future victims.

What is really scary to me is that I am not reading about this for the first time in national media but here...and almost 3 weeks after it was first reported. Are we really as a society so jaded by violent crime that a horrifying rape like this doesn't make front page news EVERYWHERE??

I know this, if I were a parent trying to bring up a child - male or female - in that town I'd be upping sticks and moving them out PDQ out of fear for their emotional, moral and physical safety should they remain in such a toxic environment governed by the warped priorities that appear to be prevailing there. I don't often believe in tarring an entire community with the same brush but every adult in that town who isn't standing up demanding answers and action on the part of the school(s) and town authorities is part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff