TX - Mayor killed in apparent donkey attack

People were making comments under the ABC news facebook feed saying it was the republican getting assed by a democrat. I found that tacky. Doesn't matter what side of the fence you are on.

SMH

People were making comments under the ABC news facebook feed saying it was the republican getting assed by a democrat. I found that tacky. Doesn't matter what side of the fence you are on.

SMH

That is nasty. The way this man died has to be the worst possible way to be killed.

I imagine he was kicked in the chest, not a nice way to go. :no:

Those buggers are notorious for their double kick-- it can be brutal. A quick jaunt through youtube brought these two examples.

The first one looks like a baby-- still really young, and really effective! He's kicking camels away from a source of water, and they DO back off.

Donkey kicking camels - YouTube

This next one happens very fast, but notice the different sizes and strengths of the mules... This is the type of event that I want to get up and leave, because I just know someone is going to get hurt. I hope this guy only went home with superficial bruises.

[video=youtube;_TRxWLVSl5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TRxWLVSl5M[/video]

Donkeys are often kept as livestock guardians because they will drive off or kill predators that are threatening the stock/territory. Don't know about this case but if he was keeping him as a guardian then the danger was known, and something may have happened which lead things to spiral out of control.

Will the donkey be destroyed? :(
I'm sure he did not do it with malice.

Weird story....I have a Jerusalem donkey and I love her very much. She's like a giant dog and is very loving. BUT...she's a big animal and so sweet or not, I'm still careful.

Family doubts former mayor was killed by a donkey. (San Antonio Express-News)
SAN ANTONIO — The wife of a Hollywood Park mayor who died at his ranch in 2012 said her husband was murdered, and not trampled to death by an aggressive donkey as authorities concluded.
---
But according to the investigative report, completed by Dr. Gary Deegear, as well as photos and evidence from the scene, the cause of death is inconclusive.

“There are too many inconsistencies for an alleged animal attack to have caused Mr. Bohlke's injuries and death,” Deegear's report states.
---
Attorney Edgardo Baez said that an injury on Bohlke's back that tore his skin looks more like a human shoeprint than a donkey hoof.

“It's a large man's footprint,” Baez said. “This was a brutal attack by a human. Donkeys don't wear boots.”
more, with pictures and the p.i.'s investigative report, at the link

I was shocked to hear that his death was caused by a donkey attack, and now I'm even more shocked to hear his family suspects murder! I wonder if they have someone specific in mind? Maybe he was feuding with someone.

My condolences to the family, very sad.

Well I'm glad his wife is looking into it. The 2 men he was supposed to meet about the bull who were never interviewed would be a good start, probably will never find them, though.

Just being mayor alone is enough to gain some enemies also.

If there is one lesson to be learned here it is "Demand an Autopsy"!

I am curious as to how or why there are photographs of this man's wounds in existence. Was there some sort of a "forensic examination" of the body done at the time of death?

I am curious as to how or why there are photographs of this man's wounds in existence. Was there some sort of a "forensic examination" of the body done at the time of death?

In most cases an autopsy is required by law, unless there is a high degree of medical certainty as to the cause of death, like cancer. This would include taking pictures of the deceased. I'm surprised an autopsy wasn't done in this case.

https://www.harriscountytx.gov/ifs/faq.aspx

Hope LE hasn't made an *advertiser censored* of itself with this investigation or lack thereof.

My mother raises horses in Montana I caught a glancing blow to the hip from one of her critters....they are strong.
Knocked me flat.
Never walking directly behind a Horse, Mule Or Donkey is first day stuff I momentarily ignored even though I knew better.
Kind of an embarassing way to die though.
I remember reading Johnny Cash talking about almost being gutted by an Ostrich at a friends ranch in Nashville....he said the thing that kept him going crawling back to the house trying to keep his insides where they belonged was he refused to be remembered as the first guy in Nashville Tennesee to be killed by an Ostrich.

Getting attacked by a donkey is pretty nasty. However, I doubt it would of killed Mayor Bill Bohlke.

I'm more than a little shocked there wasn't one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the parameters for when an autopsy is required are set by each State.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back