Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Here we go with week starting Tuesday August 27th, 2012 *#2*. May justice prevail for Kathleen Savio!

:praying:

kathleen+savio+reports.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dXhGBxK7-.../4eXEXsp9SsM/s1600/kathleen+savio+reports.jpg

Good morning all! After a week away on a three-state journey with my BFF to give her a well-deserved time out from RL, I am back and have read everything I missed.

Niner, thank you so much for being the certified statistician on this case. Your last two posts were very useful. They are tucked away in my memory book of this trial!

I am so hoping and praying that the defense's shoddy presentation clinches the case in the jury's mind.

Joel Brodsky certainly put his pride and bluster on the line when calling Smith yesterday, despite the judge's and his own team's warnings. He really thought he could turn the testimony around against Stacy. He wanted so much to prove that she was "dirty" in attempting to manipulate Drew in her divorce. She was doing exactly that, but the jury now knows that she knew about the murder cover-up. Of course, it's been frequently mentioned during the trial that Drew didn't want Kathleen to get what she deserved from the divorce, and she realized she should use such tactics to get a fair settlement from Drew.

Also playing into the prosecution's hand was that Brodsky pushed Smith about when he last had contact with Stacy all the way to the deadly month of October didn't help. Again, while the jury can't consider (out loud or to the media) Stacy's disappearance, it is a link that just might affect some juror's thinking processes. It can't be helped.

In addition, by putting the focus again on Stacy by calling Smith, the jury could legitimately discuss WHY, if she was so important, she didn't appear to testify. Surely, those who don't know the situation will find that very, very hinky. Here is a man on trial for his life, why isn't his current wife there to support him, as was Tom Peterson. Poor Tom, a top student at a prestegious Ivy League school, had to sacrifice valuable study time to come in and tell the jury he doesn't BELIEVE his father killed his mother and botch up the whole bath routine. It was just another example of parental alienation by DP.

I remember the Super-Cool press conferences prior to the trial where the defense kept saying that they didn't have to present a case because there wasn't enough evidence to convict. The prosecution couldn't PROVE Drew was ever in the house. Well, we got various renditions of the "SWAT" attack as well as the contents of Kathleen's letter. He COULD get into the house.

IMHO, the defense would have been wiser not to put on a case and then argued they didn't need it because the opposition hadn't proven its case. Noooooooooo.... they had to do their flash and dash for the jury. They just might have sunk their case.

I won't predict a verdict here. I never predicted a verdict in the OTHER case, either. It all depends on the jury. We know all about juries by now.

IMHO, the prosecution would have been wiser not to put on a case and then argued they didn't need it because the opposition hadn't proven its case.

You mean the defense.

All hat, no cattle.

It's always nice when a defense team helps out the prosecution team. In this trial, the defense team did a better job of showing DP's guilt than the state themselves! But DP will not be able to win an 'ineffective counsel" appeal if he is convicted. He had a gaggle of high-priced attorneys representing him.

I have no doubt Kathleen & Stacey are working together, to the extent they can, to avenge their murders. Just like Laci Peterson did and probably countless others.

Brodsky, in his attempt to lead Smith to say something to cause a mistrial, elicited testimony to (hopefully) help sink his client instead. I wish I had been in the courtroom to see that!

My glass is ready but I'm not poppin that cork yet.:please:

Good Morning!

Coffee and italian biscotti for everyone in honour of Kathleen Savio.

form-biscotti-800x800.jpg

Judge White on InSession, comparing Smith's tesimony to being in The Twilight Zone.

Good morning!

*Thanks for the coffee and Italian biscotti, ~n/t~. I am in need of it this morning!

Please, God, let there be justice for Kathleen Savio and her family!

:please:

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was a corker, no?
I wonder what the jury will wear today.
Anxious to hear the closings, or read them I guess.

Do you think we'll get closings today?

Can you imagine being on the jury and not being able to talk about the witnesses yesterday? They must have been busting when they gathered back in the jury room .

Craig Wall ‏@craigrwall
Two rebuttal witnesses for prosecution in #DrewPeterson. Dr. Michael Baden and then recalling Dr. Mary Case. Both Pathologists

I have no doubt Kathleen & Stacey are working together, to the extent they can, to avenge their murders. Just like Laci Peterson did and probably countless others.

Brodsky, in his attempt to lead Smith to say something to cause a mistrial, elicited testimony to (hopefully) help sink his client instead. I wish I had been in the courtroom to see that!

BBM
Brodsky just said on IS this morning that the answer he was expecting was that Smith couldn't represent Stacy because of a conflict of interest. Brodsky said that's what Smith has said in all of his previous testimonies and Brodsky thought Smith was maybe thinking of answering with something else and commiting perjury.

I tell ya. When there's one of the DT on IS it's bad enough. This time it was Brodsky and Lopez at the same time - the boots needed to be even higher. :smh:

Do you think we'll get closings today?

I don't think so, but I have been wrong many times. I think the DT is going to argue, argue, argue that Dr. Baden not be allowed to testify.

I think today will be filled with arguing, sidebars, recesses, and delays. And that is not even counting the judge's very frequent need to disappear several times a day!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member