Prominent Catholic Friar re: Sandusky

In my experience, the only sympathy that I have seen towards sex offenders is from other sex offenders and their loved ones. But, I know there are most likely others out there.

It just floors me that a non-pedophile would blame a child for an adults behavior.

So these poor children that are looking up to a adult as a mentor are actually seen in his mind as seducers?

How creepy is that!

There is something seriously wrong with that mindset.

Here he issues an apology: http://www.metro.us/newyork/local/a...ciplined-for-referring-to-victims-as-seducers

"I apologize for my comments. I did not intend to blame the victim. A priest (or anyone else) who abuses a minor is always wrong and is always responsible. My mind and my way of expressing myself are not as clear as they used to be. I have spent my life trying to help others the best I could. I deeply regret any harm I have caused to anyone."

Apparently, he fell and hit his head:

Groeschel, 78, was recovering from a fall where he hit his head when he gave the interview to the National Catholic Register, said Father Glenn Sudano, a member of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal.

There will be no consequences for what he said:

When asked whether Groeschel would face any consequences for his actions, Sudano replied, "He is recuperating. I can imagine him being confused, and frankly, knowing him, when it sinks in, he is going to be devastated that he hurt people."

After they are done back peddling and brushing this under the rug, it may be wise to send him out to pasture before anymore harm is done.

In my experience, the only sympathy that I have seen towards sex offenders is from other sex offenders and their loved ones. But, I know there are most likely others out there.

It just floors me that a non-pedophile would blame a child for an adults behavior.

So these poor children that are looking up to a adult as a mentor are actually seen in his mind as seducers?

How creepy is that!

There is something seriously wrong with that mindset.

Here he issues an apology: http://www.metro.us/newyork/local/a...ciplined-for-referring-to-victims-as-seducers

Apparently, he fell and hit his head:

There will be no consequences for what he said:

After they are done back peddling and brushing this under the rug, it may be wise to send him out to pasture before anymore harm is done.

Some people are just sick. Why do they do that? :crazy:

I wonder what drives someone to engage in victim blaming.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/northern_suburbs&id=8794023

The Rev. Benedict Groeschel of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal apologized Thursday for the comments he made in an interview with the National Catholic Register published this week. The website for the conservative independent Register then removed the story and posted an apology for publishing the comments. Groeschel and the friars did as well. …
Franciscan friars say he's sick: The friars expressed regret for the remarks and highlighted Groeschel's medical history. They said he had been in a car accident several years ago, and that "in recent months his health, memory and cognitive ability have been failing." They described the comments as "out of character."

Editor in Chief Jeanette De Melo posted a note apologizing for "publishing without clarification or challenge Father Benedict Groeschel's comments that seem to suggest that the child is somehow responsible for abuse. Nothing could be further from the truth. Our publication of that comment was an editorial mistake, for which we sincerely apologize."

I think what came out was what he really has believed all the years he's been "counselling".

I think what came out was what he really has believed all the years he's been "counselling".

So do I. Paedophiles rationalise and downplay their behaviour, I think this man has been listening to their BS all these years and believing it. Furthermore, he's not the only member of the Catholic hierarchy who have made similar statements over the years. IMO, there really is an attitude there that "young people", (which is a nice way of avoiding that we're talking about children), pursue priests and some poor, weak willed priests succumbed to temptation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back