Prayers for GMA host Robin Roberts

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
Robin Roberts faces another health battle. Prayers offered for her, may she be victorious in this latest challenge.

Robin Roberts said goodbye Thursday to her "Good Morning America" co-workers and audience. But only for a while.

"See you later. See you soon. I'll get back as soon as I can," she promised at the close of her emotional send-off from the show.

The "GMA" anchor was making her final appearance before starting medical leave for a bone marrow transplant. Her departure had originally been set for Friday, but in a last-minute change of plans she chose to exit a day early to visit her ailing mother in Mississippi, she told viewers.

http://news.yahoo.com/robin-roberts-exits-gma-promise-return-140023851.html

I don't often say this about people I don't "actually" know, but I just LOVE Robin.

She is such a warm, real person and I sending healing thoughts her way.

Robin is awesome. She has this strength about her, I hope it carries her through this latest battle. She is one of the few people on TV that I listen to and believe. I do hope her mom is ok, as well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC4PcNEVAY0"]Lakota Peyote Healing Song - YouTube[/ame]

Robin Roberts' mother dies

Lucimarian Tolliver Roberts was 88

Author: By the CNN Wire Staff

Published On: Aug 31 2012 04:46:55 AM EDT Updated On: Aug 31 2012 06:42:17 AM EDT

Lucas Jackson/Reuters
(CNN) -
"Good Morning America" host Robin Roberts has lost her mother, ABC News reported early Friday.

Roberts made it home to Mississippi to see her 88-year-old mother, who passed away Thursday evening, according to the news network.

The morning show host was preparing to leave the show Friday to take an extended medical leave, but left a day early to help her ailing mother.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/enter...ies/-/1718940/16436754/-/m2lxb2z/-/index.html

Roberts looks stunning in the photo shown in above article :) She continually exudes class, elegance, and grace. My thoughts and prayers are with Robin at this difficult time.

As a long time GMA watcher - I have thought GMA has been over the top on Robin Roberts coverage. The scenes in the room when the marrow was being transferred were repeated several times - this is NOT news. And GMA has turned into 10 minutes of news and it should be retitled to Entertainment This Morning. Mary Hart, Mary Hart! Just my opinion!

Love Robin and wish her well and a speedy recovery!

Any dissemination of health information in the public/media, is a good thing.There may well be some who hear Robin's story who will realize they have similar symptoms and see a doctor. Any teachable moment is a good thing.

Well that is certainly a relationship that has withstood the trials of life.
So glad Robin is so healthy, so classy and so happy. :loveyou:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20770501,00.html

"I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together,"
she wrote.

-----------------------

They have been together for 10 years after meeting through mutual friends.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....216479948488236.54140.100003786976400&type=1

Is this really a revelation?

I'm glad she won her battle with cancer but it seems to me she'll do anything to keep the spotlight on herself. Sorry but, IMO, it's been disturbing to see how she and GMA shamelessly exploited her illness for ratings.

Is this really a revelation?

I'm glad she won her battle with cancer but it seems to me she'll do anything to keep the spotlight on herself. Sorry but, IMO, it's been disturbing to see how she and GMA shamelessly exploited her illness for ratings.

I agree in one sense, it became a media event.

As for the reflective part; I am writing that myself right now, because it is the end of the year. The cancer treatment I went through this year has changed my perspective and given me a new and I believe better insight. The only thing is I don't do a tv show and I wouldn't be 'coming out'. My man and son wouldn't be too happy about it. :)

I am happy for Robin that she is well and hope the best for her. When you have cancer, you always want success stories.

Does anyone really care that she's gay? Really? Why do people feel the need to "come out"? Heterosexuals don't feel the need to discuss their sexual preferences.

Why must it be considered coming out or as a need to discuss her sexual preferences?

What did she do? She wrote a FB post thanking her family, friends and her significant other for support during difficult times.

If heterosexual persons write a FB post thanking their family, friends and significant other for support, it's understood as a sign of gratitude for the support they have received from these people, not as coming out as a heterosexual or a discussion of their sexual preferences.

Personally I just think it's awesome that a "hollywood" relationship has lasted 10 years.
I also think it's pretty cool that she didn't "come out." It's refreshing.
She just mentioned her girlfriend casually, I think it's sweet she wanted to give her credit.
She treated it like it wasn't a big deal because it isn't (most people already knew too.) :seeya:

Robin Roberts No Secret She Was Gay

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/30/robin-roberts-amber-laign-gay/

P.S I'm gay

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/29/robin-roberts-gay-girlfriend/

I also think if most celebrities revealed ANY 10 year relationship it would make the news too.

Does anyone really care that she's gay? Really? Why do people feel the need to "come out"? Heterosexuals don't feel the need to discuss their sexual preferences.

I am not sure how what she said can be construed as "coming out", unless you view coming out as the opposite of actively hiding it.

I have always loved Robin Roberts. She radiates such a strong sense of self-confidence and humility. These 2 things are not easy to pull off at the same time. She does it beautifully.

I guess to answer the above BBM question, yes, apparently people still care. But hopefully it won't be an issue forever.

Amen Flutter!!!!!

I love RR---she has such grace, strength and dignity as well.
Maybe in making a public announcement she feels she can help someone less confident to live truthfully .

The Happiest and Healthiest (and safest) of New Years to all!!!!!

Wow, so glad I'm not reading bad news here. When I saw the thread active, I thought 'oh no, now what?'.
I'd never heard the name of Robin's significant other before - now we know!
I've always admired Robin. I recall vividly her first day on GMA - she was sooo nervous (as I would be too).
It took her little time to fit right in as if she'd been on the panel forever.
She has a special way of showing emotion to the right degree imo. She hits the mark with her questions and responses every time.
I'm a fan for sure!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back