Routier/Montgomery Comparison

wyome

Reaction score
I came across this article today, which I've read some years back, but thought it may interest some of you. Interesting comparison between the two woman.

For those not familiar with Candy Montgomery's crime/trial, it's worth a little look.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/1996-10-01/feature4.php

Will never forget Candy Montgomery, there was even a movie made about her crime. Both of the cases happened in the general area of the Dallas/Fort Worth burbs. But neither home is more notorious than the Cullen Davis mansion off Hulen in Fort Worth, jmo, if one is really interested in true crime and those that got away with there crimes, excluding Routier.

Heard years ago that Candy M. changed her name and moved to NC where she got a BA in English, iirc

A 2010 news article said that Candy Montgomery said she wanted "to get all this behind me and be normal again." She moved to Georgia, changed her surname to back to her maiden name of Wheeler, and was certified as a family counselor!

I came across this article today, which I've read some years back, but thought it may interest some of you. Interesting comparison between the two woman.

For those not familiar with Candy Montgomery's crime/trial, it's worth a little look.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/1996-10-01/feature4.php

Thanks for this, I've been looking for this and couldn't find it again now here it is.

Candy currently works as a counselor with her daughter, Jennifer Hosea, who runs Creative Play Solutions in Georgia. To say the least, I'm fascinated with her story. She has been approached by the media over the years for an interview, but has always sharply declined. I don't believe we will ever hear from her again.

One aspect I've always been curious about is Alisa Gore's (married named Harder) feelings today about Candy Montgomery. She stayed overnight (and a couple of nights thereafter) that fateful day with the Montgomerys as their children were friends. I can't imagine what it would feel like knowing your mother was killed and then realizing it was your best friend's mom and you had been staying with them. I wonder if Alisa and Jennifer have ever tried speaking with each other over the years?

I wonder how Drake is doing these days, and how he copes. Perhaps much like Bethany Gore, who was barely 1 when her mother was killed. I'm sure Drake has no memory of his mother outside prison; Bethany no memory of mom at all and has only photographs.
Interestingly, both children lost their father full-time as well, as both were adopted by grandparents. So tragic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back