Rowlett P.D. - The Other Victims

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was thinking about that link that Casshew put up about that one-month old baby who had been tortured by the parents and I again thought about the first-responders on the scene. Darlie's camp-fire girls have said just about everything bad that one can say about the police officers who responded to her 911 call. However, I think we need to consider that they're human, just like the rest of us. What sets us apart though, is what they have to see just in a day's work.

The recent case in Plano, where the mother cut off her daughter's arms. And the case we're discussing, the Routier murders. From a recent article:

Rowlett police Lt. David Nabors said he knows what his counterparts in Plano are going through. He lived through similar circumstances in 1996, when he was crime scene supervisor in a similarly infamous killing.

Darlie Routier fatally stabbed her sons Damon, 5, and Devon, 6, in their family's living room. Ms. Routier was tried and sentenced to death for killing Damon. She was also accused of killing Devon, 6, but she was not tried for his death.

Lt. Nabors, then a sergeant and the father of small children, said he and other officers "compartmentalized" their feelings to complete the job. Days later, images popped into their minds.

"There's the smell of blood, but you don't think about it as you're working the scene," Lt. Nabors said. "As you go through the house, you see pictures of the children playing.

"You think, 'This 5-year-old knows his mom is the one wanting to kill him,' " he said. "It might not hit you right away. It may be a week or two, or a month after that."

Officers collected evidence at the house over 11 days, he said. Then Rowlett police officials arranged for a chaplain to counsel them. Officers talked about the upsetting scene. They learned that their feelings were normal. There was one session, but Lt. Nabors said he could have used more.

Since the Routier case, the Rowlett department has set up a formal counseling program, Lt. Nabors said.

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/news/city/collin/plano/stories/120604dnccofirstresponders.55a7d.html

I just want to say a quick thank you to all of our posters and/or readers who are in law enforcement, fire departments, paramedics and hospitals!!!

"I just want to say a quick thank you to all of our posters and/or readers who are in law enforcement, fire departments, paramedics and hospitals!!!"

I second that, DP. Good for you! I've had it up to here with people badmouthing the police/paramedics/nurses/doctors for doing their job. It's about time we gave them the respect and thanks they deserve.

They're not perfect, and never claimed to be. They're human and they make mistakes. But they're not all out to send innocent people to prison or death row. Call me a fool, but I still have faith in the goodness of humanity.

I third that. My brother is a Police Officer, my son a Firefighter. These people put there lives on the line everyday for us and should not be the scape goats for shady criminals and there Defense Lawyers.

"I third that. My brother is a Police Officer, my son a Firefighter. These people put there lives on the line everyday for us and should not be the scape goats for shady criminals and there Defense Lawyers."

Hi Tybee. Is that your daughter, or granddaughter? She's beautiful.

I quadruple that statement (will this never end? Anyone up for a quintuplet?) No one in my family is in law enforcement, but I appreciate what they do for us every day of my life. What would we do without them?

Mary456 said:
"I third that. My brother is a Police Officer, my son a Firefighter. These people put there lives on the line everyday for us and should not be the scape goats for shady criminals and there Defense Lawyers."

Hi Tybee. Is that your daughter, or granddaughter? She's beautiful.

I quadruple that statement (will this never end? Anyone up for a quintuplet?) No one in my family is in law enforcement, but I appreciate what they do for us every day of my life. What would we do without them?

Here I am your quintuplet Mary. You know it's me fugi. Anyway, I just wanted to add my voice as well. No one in my family is in law enforcement either but I too appreciate what they do every single day. Not only the cops but the paramedics who responded to Darlie and Darin's home that night. They'll never forget what they saw. The nerve of those ____ er campfire girls.

cami said:
Here I am your quintuplet Mary. You know it's me fugi. Anyway, I just wanted to add my voice as well. No one in my family is in law enforcement either but I too appreciate what they do every single day. Not only the cops but the paramedics who responded to Darlie and Darin's home that night. They'll never forget what they saw. The nerve of those ____ er campfire girls.

Darlin, its good to see you here!!! Check out the Riley Fox forum!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back