CA CA - Marilyn Monroe, 36, Los Angeles, 5 Aug 1962

Kathy C

Reaction score
What is the general concensus on how Marilyn Monroe died? If she was murdered, then by whom?

Kathy C

Attachments

• MMBeeHiveBubbleStern.jpg
    MMBeeHiveBubbleStern.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 14
It is such an interesting mystery surrounding the death of Marilyn Monroe. So many theories have come down over the years. In my opinion her affairs with the Kennedys were what led to her death. I feel she either overdosed on sleeping pills accidently, or on purpose. I don't think she was murdered, even though i've heard several theories that she planned to spill the beans on the affairs at a press conference and tell that the government had been working with the mafia to kill Castro. I think she was threatened and harassed to the point that she was scared to death, and reports are that she couldn't sleep. Her cause of death was officially that she overdosed on sleeping pills, however, there was no glass of water anywhere in the room, curious. No needle marks could be located on her but there was a strange purplish discoloration of Monroes colon which proved to be most puzzling. THis led some people to believe that the drugs were introduced in to her large intestine rather than being swallowed, possible a toxic enema. If this was the case then that would certainly raise a question of murder by unknown assailants. She was nude and clinching her telephone when discovered. It's also interesting to note that only 80 pages of the FBI's file on Monroe has been released under Freedom of Information Act, and those are heavily censored. THis is what i've learned, maybe someone knows more, hope someday this mystery could be put to rest.

I once had the chance to see the actual crime scene (I believe she was murdered). She was lying horizontally in bed. It was a huge bed with pillows all in a row against the headboard. The blankets were pulled back. She was on her left side, leaning into the pillows. As the first cop to arrive said, it was a murder and the scene was staged. He describes her as being in the "soldier's position." And she was. Her arms were rigidly at her sides. One arm was actually under her body. There was no telephone to be seen. This police photo was taken from the end of her bed; no close-up. No one dies like that. I've heard from a trusted source, that the autopsy the public is familiar with is a watered down version. She had multiple bruises. Her purple congested intestine was supposedly never tested. She had alcohol in her system, Cholryl Hydrate, pentobarbital, as well as Nembutal.

Bobby Kennedy gave a long statement to the police or District Attorney. That statement was watered down to 75 pages. I don't think anyone has seen it. As far as Dr. Ralph Greenson was concerned, he cracked up and couldn't work anymore and died on the anniversary of her death -- around 1979.

I still recall a 3-month pregnant Ethel Kennedy praying in the church till 4 am. when Bobby was shot. Fanatically Catholic, apparently she was praying for the soul of Bobby Kennedy. What did she know?

Kathy C

Attachments

• MMSunlightRadiantMHGreene.jpg
    MMSunlightRadiantMHGreene.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 23
I have long been fascinated by the life and death of Marilyn Monroe.

I am acquainted with James Haspiel, who has written several books on Marilyn, as he was a very close friend of hers in the last few years preceding her death.
I asked him what he thought really happened, and he said that he prefers not to talk about the details, however, he has no doubt in his mind that she was murdered. I value his opinion, as he was a close companion of Marilyn's in those difficult years, and no doubt knew a lot.

I didn't realize that it was possible to censor documents that are part of the Freedom of Information Act. That is troubling.

James Haspiel wrote a book about Marilyn M. in the early '90's. In the book he speculates that Robert Kennedy held a pillow over her face till she suffocated. Supposedly, he never left a ranch of a friend's for the weekend in Northern California, yet he was spotted in L.A. The announcement that she was dead was probably made around 5 - 6 am. I believe I saw a picture of Bobby Kennedy going to church that morning. If anyone has it, could they post it? Haspiel was an acquaintance of hers and used to follow her around NY.

The govt claims they must censor some documents for national security.

Kathy C

LOS ANGELES (AP) — On the anniversary of Marilyn Monroe's death, a former prosecutor has unveiled what he says are notes of her secret confessions to a psychiatrist that show her as anything but suicidal.

"There was no possible way this woman could have killed herself," John Miner told the Los Angeles Times for a story published Friday. "She had very specific plans for her future. She knew exactly what she wanted to do."

Miner, 86, said he would like to see another autopsy performed on Monroe and believes the large dose of barbiturates found in her body may have been administered by someone else.

Meanwhile, fans were holding their annual gathering Friday near her crypt at Westwood Village Memorial Park to honor the star of movies such as "Some Like It Hot."

More at:

http://www.courttv.com/people/2005/0808/monroe_ap.html

jannuncutt said:
I never believed that she committed suicide.
She really did portray beauty. She wasn't a size 2, wanna be, like today's society makes you feel you should be. Actually, I'm not sure if it was even a big deal back then? She was gorgeous the way she was and is still idolized today :)
Too bad to lose such a life, at a young age.

Height: 5 feet, 5½ inches
Weight: 118-140 pounds
Bust: 35-37 inches
Waist: 22-23 inches
Hips: 35-36 inches
Bra size: 36D

A woman of Marilyn's height, at the extreme of Marilyn's weight range (140 lbs), would probably wear a size 12 dress today (which is the same dress size listed for Marilyn in the book The Unabridged Marilyn). Perhaps at one time she did wear dresses that might have been considered size 16 (or even 18) back in the 1950s, but she almost certainly did not wear dresses equivalent to today's size 16. This is borne out by citings such as the following (which might also be a source of some confusion, as a British size 16 would be the equivalent of an American size 12):

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/mmdress.htm

Wow, very interesting. I know that I knew, she wasn't exactly missing out on the beans and rice, but I couldn't remember where I read it...Thanks, Jeana "Darlin'" ;)

Hopeful said:
Wow, very interesting. I know that I knew, she wasn't exactly missing out on the beans and rice, but I couldn't remember where I read it...Thanks, Jeana "Darlin'" ;)

:blushing:

The old term "Much Ado About Nothing!" Would seem to apply to this. I saw this earlier in the year and it is rehashing all the same old mystery and innuendo that has followed this case from the onset. If this so called 'news program' would focus on some cases that still affect people living today the occasional foray into long ago mysteries wouldn't be so bad. I'm trying hard to recall a real hard core mystery this show has featured in the past year.

Sharon Marshall, Johnny Gosch, Jodi Huisentruitt, The Springfield Missing Women, or any of a number of cases featured on this site have yet to make it, to the best of my knowledge, to this 'mystery' program.

I watch it almost religiously every Saturday night during the season and haven't been impressed with the programming for quite some time. Maybe I've missed coverage on some of these cases I mentioned above, but for the most part this all seems to get looked over. With all the focus on 'cold cases' these days you'd think some of this would get picked up in a program. I've sent emails to all the shows, Primetime, 20/20, and 48 Hours about these cases but have yet to see them featured.

Poor Marilyn, such an unhappy girl.
Or am I getting that wrong, she seemed to luck out in life to me.

She was born Norma Jeane Mortenson in the charity ward of the Los Angeles County Hospital. According to biographer Fred Lawrence Guiles, her grandmother, Della Monroe Grainger, had her baptized Norma Jean Baker by Aimee Semple McPherson.

Her mother, Gladys Pearl Monroe, had returned from Kentucky where her ex-husband had kidnapped their children, Robert and Berniece. Some of Monroe's biographers portray Jasper Baker as a vicious brute. Berniece recounted in My Sister Marilyn that when Robert later suffered a series of physical ailments, Baker refused to seek proper medical attention for him; the boy died in 1933.

Many biographers believe Norma Jeane's biological father was Charles Stanley Gifford, a salesman for the studio where Gladys worked as a film-cutter. The birth certificate lists her second husband, Martin Edward Mortensen, as the father. While Mortensen left Gladys before Norma Jeane's birth, some biographers think he was the father. [citation needed] In an interview with Lifetime, James Dougherty said Norma Jeane believed that Gifford was her father. Whoever the father, that he played no part in the child's life has never been in dispute.

Unable to persuade Della to take Norma Jeane, Gladys placed her with foster parents Albert and Ida Bolender of Hawthorne, where she lived until she was seven. In her autobiography My Story, Monroe states she thought Albert was a girl. Some do not consider My Story trustworthy. It was ghost-written by Ben Hecht, and designed to promote Monroe's image as a long-suffering orphan.[1] Hecht divulged to his agent: "It is easy to know when she is telling the truth. The moment a true thing comes out of her mouth, her eyes shed tears. She's like her own lie detector."[2]

Some of the link.
I remember when she died.
People thought at that time, she was killed...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_Monroe

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back