GUILTY MI - Florence Unger, 37, murdered, Benzie County, 24 Oct 2003

Amazing...family and friends don't know what to think...a split camp on if he is guilty or not. Wake up, people...What a coincidence...she files for divorce...he insists on the getaway...she ends up dead...Quite an amazing coincidence...Wonder how much life insurance was on her....

Husband sure sounds suspicious to me. Glad they got the kids away from him if he is using drugs and is in rehab. Not a good environment for them. I, too, wonder how much life insurance she has?

If this divorce was so bitter, why on earth would she go away with him? I dont understand that! I'm not blaming her for her own death in any way, there's no excuse for that, I just dont see why she'd go anywhere with him if the divorce was so bitter.:doh:

This is a link to the Traverse City Record Eagle before the preliminary trial in 2004:

http://www.record-eagle.com/2004/jul/07unger.htm

There is a paragraph that says:
>> Another friend, Gary Scholnick, said he had lunch with Florence Unger a day before her death and she told him she was headed north with her husband on the advice of her divorce attorney, who said it was important for the couple's children and for the divorce proceedings.<<

Why would an attorney advise his client to take a trip with a hostile almost-ex-husband?

I've never heard of a divorce attorney telling anyone to take a vacation with their soon to be ex-husband. How would that help the kids if the dad was a real creep? That doesn't make any sense.

Anyone know how old the kids are? I wonder what they were doing when dad murdered mom? Is the husband trying to say that the wife just fell off the dock or something?

Max is 12 and Tyler is 9. From what I remember, Florence & Mark were on the dock and Mark said he went to check on the children. Seems he never returned to the dock, though, and realized in the morning that Florence was missing and called someone else to go look for her. Why wouldn't he go himself? And why didn't he return to the dock that night? Why would she stay out there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back