AR - Bobby Moore, 15, shot to death by Little Rock PD officer, 12 Aug 2012

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...ass&action=5&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_USNWU00L5_UNEWS

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — A police officer who fatally shot a 15-year-old Arkansas boy was charged with felony manslaughter Friday after investigators determined his account of the incident didn't match up with evidence at the scene, Little Rock police said.

Officer Josh Hastings, who has a history of disciplinary issues with his department, shot Bobby Moore Jr. while responding to a suspicious persons call at an apartment complex on Aug. 12. Hastings claimed the car Moore was driving was heading toward him, prompting him to fire through its windshield, but the police chief said evidence shows the car was either moving in reverse or stopped several feet away from Hastings when he fired.

Moore died at the scene. Two other teenagers in the car fled on foot and weren't injured..............

The 26-year-old officer, who had been suspended six times in five years prior to the August shooting, was booked into jail Friday but later released on $15,000 bond. The charge carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

More at link......

Suspended six times in 5 years? Why was he kept on the force? Good ol boy system? I just can't stand it when cops get chance after chance and still screw up! It really gets me po'd that my tax dollars pay their salaries. Just because you wear a badge does not an angel make....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back