Link to live feed of United Tribes powwow for 9/8/2012

You know, one of the things My husband and i miss about living in the NW (we were in Seattle for a few years) is the pow wows. You do them way better out west!

We would like to welcome you to the 43rd Annual United Tribes International Powwow held at United Tribes Technical College in Bismarck, North Dakota.

The Powwow is held annually in the Lone Star Arena at United Tribes Technical College in Bismarck, North Dakota and has become one of the premier cultural events of North Dakota, receiving numerous awards over the years. Representing over 70 tribes, featuring over 1500 dancers and drummers, and drawing over 20,000 spectators the Powwow has become a must-see event!

http://www.unitedtribespowwow.com/

I love watching the children dance, not only are their regalia cute on them, they dance their hearts out. :)

I'm irritated that once again, due to Apple's inability to play nice with others, I m unable to see the dancing because NO FLASH on the iPad. :banghead:

I'm irritated that once again, due to Apple's inability to play nice with others, I m unable to see the dancing because NO FLASH on the iPad. :banghead:

Can you download another program so you can watch?

Unfortunately I think flash is the only thing there isn't an app for!

Blargh... Maybe my teen will run out of stuff to yap about with her friend on Skype and I can have my laptop back soon... :what:

Aww, a group of little ones just got done :)

I envy their parents. they are gonna be worn out and sleep good tonight LOL

The guys who came from Samoa are dancing now. They are awesome.

Years ago I attended a couple of pow wows at Riverfront Park in Spokane, WA. I appreciated the opportunity. Some of the public participated in the circle dances.

I would certainly attend another pow wow given the chance in the area where I now live. It was a rich cultural experience.

What amazing fire dancing. Thank you for this live link.

WE weren't able to go to this powwow this year and I was so happy to see it was on online.

Shoot, I missed this last night! Will there be any recorded video to watch posted somewhere? TIA

Shoot, I missed this last night! Will there be any recorded video to watch posted somewhere? TIA

I'm sure there will be. We are headed home and I'll be back on tonight. I'll look for something. The Powwow has a FB page, there may be something there.

This is not from the powwow but it is the cutest thing. It is so wonderful to see small children learning the languages. Too may Elders pass and thus languages are lost.

[video=youtube;TSw80XrENpc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSw80XrENpc&feature=related[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back