GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #2

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

:welcome: to all the Newbies. Please review the TOS and Rules for posting and participating at WS. The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

We are happy to have you.

Please remember that WS is a victim and family-friendly site. No sleuthing of innocent family members - their lives have been completely changed by these events. We will not add to their grief.

If you have questions or concerns, please use the private messaging system to contact a mod and they will give you a hand.

Thanks everybody,

Salem

Thread 1

Can anyone give me a summary on this case? The last thread was 56 pages long and somewhat controversial from the looks of it.

Can anyone give me a summary on this case? The last thread was 56 pages long and somewhat controversial from the looks of it.

Jessi Evans, 17, and Jacob Wheeler, 22 went camping near the Little Wabash River two weekends ago and did not come back early Sunday morning as planned. Jessi was found Monday afternoon, dead of 3 gunshot wounds to the head, her body in the back of a truck that was pushed down an embankment and covered with branches. Jacob was nowhere to be found.

Here are a few articles that will give you the basics.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/aug/31/arrest-made-murder-17-year-old-not-boyfriend/

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/sep/08/no-headline---len_wells_column/

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com...ted-details-of-crime-are-bizarre-frightening/

The reason the thread is so long is because Jessica was found first, Monday afternoon. But Jacob wasn't found until the person who killed her finally confessed on Friday evening and led authorities to his body that night. We spent a week speculating who could have killed them, and if the boyfriend was a victim or the killer. It was an interesting week.

Now, we're mainly focused on the "why" of the case.

another article; saying reason's why prelim hearing for tomorrow may be waived..

also, now they may not be able to release the information that....

And see, we don’t even know if we’re going to be able to publish this info…yet. We’re still working on solidifying it. If it’s not solidified by about Wednesday, it’ll have to hold for the next issue in three weeks. But we can just about guarantee that it’ll appear eventually…and we’re pretty sure that when it does, it’s going to make some folks pretty mad. But it’s news. And like we ....

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/2012/09/10/weve-not-forgotten-about-the-white-county-murders/

((((Jacob's and Jessica"s families/friends))))

Anyone making bets on if Mr. Kevlar is present tomorrow?

Or a game like "how many beans in the jar?" only with how many LEOs will be on site and paying close attention to those who show up for the 2nd appearance.

We know one of White County's finest won't be present, according to Sheriff Maier's 7-19-2012 Press Release. But the District State Police Headquarters are literally almost within spitting distance, so should have it covered as passions run high.

http://www.whitecountysheriff.org/press.php

Todd Fort whom some of you have seen referenced was a county deputy dawg, too, with the same darned problem in a nearby county.

Ah...YOUTH!!!

BeenAroundTheBlock We know one of White County's finest won't be present said:
http://www.whitecountysheriff.org/press.php[/url]

Todd Fort whom some of you have seen referenced was a county deputy dawg, too, with the same darned problem in a nearby county.

Ah...YOUTH!!!

Maybe I'm missing something but what does Todd Fort (Saline County) or
Phillip Lowrey have to do with THIS case?

If you are trying to focus on corrupt people in southern Illinois - yep, we've got them. Unfortunately every area has them. I think the corruption we are focusing on in this forum pertains to DC.

Your multitude of negative comments make it appear as if you already have a somewhat skewed opinion of our area.

another article; saying reason's why prelim hearing for tomorrow may be waived..

also, now they may not be able to release the information that....

And see, we don’t even know if we’re going to be able to publish this info…yet. We’re still working on solidifying it. If it’s not solidified by about Wednesday, it’ll have to hold for the next issue in three weeks. But we can just about guarantee that it’ll appear eventually…and we’re pretty sure that when it does, it’s going to make some folks pretty mad. But it’s news. And like we ....

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/2012/09/10/weve-not-forgotten-about-the-white-county-murders/

((((Jacob's and Jessica"s families/friends))))

Is this Disclosure website/newspaper considered a reliable source here on WS?

It's a local paper. I'm not from that area but there are members from the area and personally know the owners. It's kinda nice to see reporters "tell it like it is".

We have not been told by mods to not use the site.

So, guess you can take or leave their reporting.

Welcome!!

I'm local and from what I've seen, heard and read they are pretty accurate in their reporting. They do say things straight forward but always seem to be on the trail of truth and justice. I don't know them personally but have read the paper for aprox a year.

Thanks for the summary.

Do we know why Coston pulled this? I go on fishing/camping trips frequently so this jars me a bit.

Negative comments? The truth often is, I s'pose.

Point being made: Predators Who Serve and Protect - very likely arresting others for actions they were privately partaking of themselves.

Wildlife has specific seasons when hunting is allowed. Not for those who go after San Quentin Quail.

There's a reason why "the age of consent" is on the law books.

Sometimes children need "protected from themselves".

Danny Coston got turned down by "of age" women drinking at the tavern, which had he not been rejected and managed to score in that environment, this case might very well not exist and Jessica and Jacob would be happily keeping company enjoying friends and family. IMO that night Coston shifted into predator mode in a quest to sate his desires. Indeed, had the White County Sheriff (who appears to be a very fine lawman in all aspects, worthy of retention term after term) not yet been made aware of the June 2012 situation whereupon he called in the Illinois State Police to investigate, the alleged LEO/predator in question might've been there to help snap the handcuffs on Danny Coston: Pot Meet Kettle. (And kudos for Sheriff Maier; too many Sheriffs might've opted for an internal investigation and it'd have been papered right over.)

In the Disclosure Article it was proposed that D-C might well avail himself of a Heavy Hitter Attorney from McCleansboro to defend. I'd never heard of that specific legal beagle, so did a little sleuthing. Holy Toledo! If D-C or his family can afford his services, likely there will be a shift in representation to that fellow. That attorney may even cut-'em-a-deal fee-wise in this case, feeling the notariety is advertising for billable hours to other desperate crims who want to "walk" as past clients in icky cases sure have. The track record seems to reveal that guy can make: Black become White, Up Become Down, and Guilt Is Deemed Innocence. Often, IMO, the kind of Counselor who can put the victims on trial to try to save the accused. Brace yourselves. Grit your teeth. Buckle up for a Rough "Justice" Ride.

We're only hours away from the next installment of this unfolding serial-like true story post ten a.m. appearance. It almost guarantees that today Disclosure's Site will slow to a crawl due to traffic. But I'm sure we'll all hang in there, not just those of us who live in Southern IL and experience the Local Connection.

Hope we get updates soon and hope to hear whats in that mag also if anything new.

I am eagerly awaiting our locals to log in this evening!!

do we have a "WS reporter" at the courthouse?

the hearing should be starting soon??

A lot of local people don't like them, but yes, they are accurate. They verify everything with documentation and reliable sources. They are very, very good investigators, and very familiar with the local court systems, law enforcement, etc.

I wasn't going to say this before, because it doesn't really matter, but my mother knows Jack Howser (owner of Disclosure) pretty well. She says Jack and Angela are dogged investigators who know what they're doing and always print the truth. They don't need to make anything up; there is plenty of good juicy truthful stuff to report. :) And they know not to take every rumor that runs around at face value. They're not gossip reporters; they're investigators.

Maybe I'm missing something but what does Todd Fort (Saline County) or
Phillip Lowrey have to do with THIS case?

Excellent question. I think we're getting off-topic again.

If you are trying to focus on corrupt people in southern Illinois - yep, we've got them. Unfortunately every area has them. I think the corruption we are focusing on in this forum pertains to DC.

Your multitude of negative comments make it appear as if you already have a somewhat skewed opinion of our area.

It's easy to spend a lot of time reading things like Disclosure, and to end up focusing only on the negative. Yes, there is corruption and crime in Southern Illinois. Yes, there are some sick people here. There are also a lot of good, decent, hard-working people here as well. Just because someone chooses to look at both the positives and the negatives does not mean they can't handle the truth.

Thanks for the summary.

Do we know why Coston pulled this? I go on fishing/camping trips frequently so this jars me a bit.

Not really. No motive has been specified, other than the assumed "he wanted to rape someone and had to kill to cover it up."

do we have a "WS reporter" at the courthouse?

Ooooh...I would love to go. The court system fascinates me! Unfortunately, I have a baby to look after.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back