GUILTY IL - Kristopher 'Bo' Jones for lighting wife on fire, Sherrard, 2004

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Tanya Jones today took the stand at a pre-trial hearing and told the judge she wants the man accused of dousing her with gasoline and setting her on fire, out of jail and back at home. Jones testified on behalf of her husband Kristopher ''Bo'' Jones this morning in an attempt to get his $1.2 million bond reduced and the rules prohibiting contact with him changed.

Jones, her face disfigured and scarred by burns, held her breathing tube to trap the air so she could speak, smiled at her husband and calmly told the judge ''I'd like him home with me. Emotionally, it's been difficult for my children. They miss their father, and I miss my husband.'' When asked if she had any fear of him, she replied ''none at all.''

http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=2790469&nav=1sW7V29m

Casshew said:
Tanya Jones today took the stand at a pre-trial hearing and told the judge she wants the man accused of dousing her with gasoline and setting her on fire, out of jail and back at home. Jones testified on behalf of her husband Kristopher ''Bo'' Jones this morning in an attempt to get his $1.2 million bond reduced and the rules prohibiting contact with him changed.

Jones, her face disfigured and scarred by burns, held her breathing tube to trap the air so she could speak, smiled at her husband and calmly told the judge ''I'd like him home with me. Emotionally, it's been difficult for my children. They miss their father, and I miss my husband.'' When asked if she had any fear of him, she replied ''none at all.''

http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=2790469&nav=1sW7V29m

It's a pity what he did to her. But if she wants him back home she has a serious problem herself.

She should be forced to see a psychiatrist and he should be hung up by his privates.

englishleigh said:
She should be forced to see a psychiatrist and he should be hung up by his privates.

Sounds like a plan to me. Also, the children probably need therapy as well.

Maybe it's a ploy to get him home so she can torch him and let him knows what it feels like?

Casshew said:
Maybe it's a ploy to get him home so she can torch him and let him knows what it feels like?

You could have something there.

Casshew said:

I sure hope so.

this is the type of thing that really upsets LE- When battered women return to their abusers. I am personally frustrated that restraining orders (and I know that she didn't have one) are issued and it fails to protect the woman from harm. I am also very frustrated when the woman files the order, only to voluntarily return to the abuser. Having said all that, this woman is just totally out of her mind unless she feels she needs someone to care for her and he is the only option she thinks she has. What a horrible model of marriage for those kids. Ugh. :banghead:

What he did was not only a crime against her, it was a crime against society. Society doesn't give a crap whether she wants him home or not. I'm sure there are plenty of guys on death row who have wives that want them back too. She sounds stupid enough that I'm sure she'll find another guy to beat her up and try to kill her, so she should just take it easy. :loser:

Casshew said:

Years ago, I had three foster kids all in group therapy (for sexual abuse issues) at the same place/same time. After several weeks of seeing the same parents sitting in the waiting room for two and three hours at a time, we started our own parent's group. I was the only foster parent. the others were all birth parents. Only one woman still had custody of her children. the others had all lost custody of t heir children for "failure to protect". The one lady who still had her children had been burned very severely over the upper half of her body and head. I asked her one day how she had kept custody of her children. What had she done that made the courts decide she had protected her children? She told me that she was set afire with gasoline by her husband after confronting him about his abuse of the children. When she was finally released from hospital, she actually invited him over to her new home for dinner! I was stunned as she told me this story. Then she said she got him drunk after dinner, in his favorite easy chair. The chair faced the front door. She said she went to the garage and got a two by four and opened the front door. She said she went to the sidewalk and took a running start. She rammed the two by four into his genitals as he slept.
She was acquitted once tried and retained custody of her children.

You never know what this lady might have planned!

Some restraining orders are now being issued against both parties in a domestic violence cases, and I feel that should become the standard. Also both parties should be court-ordered into counseling before the order can be lifted. I was with an abusive husband a few years back (not this bad, thank God) and I think that would have helped me out.
I agree the kids need counseling also. In domestic violence cases, when they see the abuse occuring with the parents it causes a lot of unresolved feelings in them and will cause them problems later in life.
This guy didn't just abuse his wife and society, he also abused his children by exposing them to the spousal abuse.

My heart aches for this woman. I believe that either #1 she has some type of revenge planned or #2, which I think is more than likely, she feels that she has to have someone - that no one else could possibly want her now- and he is better than nothing. Not smart, I know. She is a wounded and sad woman. It is a pitiful situation that she is in - too pitiful to judge her. However, this man should not be allowed to live with or be unsupervised while around the children.

Update:

ALEDO, Illinois -- With no plea agreement in the pipeline, prosecutors say a new charge might be filed against a Sherrard man accused of setting his wife on fire last year.

Kristopher ''Bo'' Jones of Sherrard is charged with dousing his wife Tanya with gasoline and lighting her on fire during an argument in a Mercer County field. Badly burned on her torso and neck, Tanya is now supporting her husband, and was at todays status hearing.

The defense and prosecution have been trying to negotiate a plea deal but have not been able to reach an agreement on the number of years Bo Jones would spend in prison. Now the case may be headed to trial, and prosecutors told the judge they are now thinking of adding a charge. When asked what that might be, Special Prosecutor Steve Plazebat declined to answer. Some speculate it could be an attempted murder charge.

Another status hearing is set for March.
http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=2913586

This woman needs help. She is still being victimized and controled by this man, even while he is in jail, and she doesn't even know it. Her children deserve a safe life, without the abuser in the home with them.

lisag said:
This woman needs help. She is still being victimized and controled by this man, even while he is in jail, and she doesn't even know it. Her children deserve a safe life, without the abuser in the home with them.

Sure will send a hell of a strong message to men who abuse their wives, wouldn't it????? Hopefully, these new charges are being added to protect this idiot from herself as well as from him.

Jeana (DP) said:
Sure will send a hell of a strong message to men who abuse their wives, wouldn't it????? Hopefully, these new charges are being added to protect this idiot from herself as well as from him.

Maybe after he is sent to prison, she will realize that she is much better off without the . I have never (thankfully) been in this situation, so its so very hard for me to fathom why one would put themseleves through this ??

And just think what kind of message she is sending to her kids ?????????

lisag said:
Maybe after he is sent to prison, she will realize that she is much better off without the . I have never (thankfully) been in this situation, so its so very hard for me to fathom why one would put themseleves through this ??

And just think what kind of message she is sending to her kids ?????????
She did not "put" herself through this - her husband did. Now, she needs alot of help and support; and he needs to rot in jail after being tried and convicted for attempted murder.

jannuncutt said:
She did not "put" herself through this - her husband did. Now, she needs alot of help and support; and he needs to rot in jail after being tried and convicted for attempted murder.

I think she means asking for him to be returned to her, showing up at all the court dates, requesting visiting privileges, requesting to be allowed to write to him in prison, etc., instead of just moving on the best she can with her kids.

Unfortunately, the help she's getting is from his family, so perhaps she feels obligated??? I'm not sure. I do think that he should be locked up for a very long time though.

Jeana (DP) said:
I think she means asking for him to be returned to her, showing up at all the court dates, requesting visiting privileges, requesting to be allowed to write to him in prison, etc., instead of just moving on the best she can with her kids.

Unfortunately, the help she's getting is from his family, so perhaps she feels obligated??? I'm not sure. I do think that he should be locked up for a very long time though.

Yes, that is what I meant...geesh..
I do not understand why she is standing by him.

Gotcha! Sorry I misunderstood. I would bet Tanya doesn't know if she is coming or going right now. The situation with the husband's family certainly does not (to me) seem to be a healthy one for her right now. Also, her brother makes the husband sound like a good guy who made a bad mistake. I wonder if this is what she is thinking. Does anyone know anything about any other family members that she might have? I'm sorry but, her brother doesn't sound like he is the sharpest pencil in the box. Right now, I feel that at the very least, Tanya #1) needs to be under psychiatric care and #2) needs someone to advocate for her best interests - which is not, as we know, to have her husband set free..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back